Old 07-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #1  

Default A couple of questions...

Hello everyone!

I have been on weight watchers since last summer and have lost 52 pounds. I have recently hit a plateau and havent lost any weight in 2-3 months. I decided to start eating a few more points a day and that seems to be working. I used to not be able to eat any of my weekly points and now i can eat almost all of them and lose weight again. Is this normal? I only have about 20 more pounds that I want to lose and I am hoping this doesn't stop working.

Also, what kind of exercise does everyone do? I enjoy walking for an hour during my lunch breaks at work and walking/jogging at home after work for 45 min to an hour. Is this enough?
April1286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #2  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Hi April, bravo on your 52 lbs weight loss! You seem to be doing fantastic, we should ask you questions. lol Some people mention starvation mode, that your body tries to hold onto calories because there are too few. Maybe that was happening to you. You can google The Wendie Plan. It's about cycling your points from high through low so you continue losing. For exercise I walk, cause I'm pathetically lazy. I know that on another WW forum everyone is gung ho on fit-bits and the like. Maybe you can investigate one of those if you need motivation. Keep up the good work.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #3  

I have done the Wendi Plan and it seemed to be working. I will have to look in to that again. I actually do have a fitbit. I think that is what really helped with my weight loss. I wear it daily! And try to have 10,000 steps before I leave work during the day. I HATE working out but I am starting to wonder if I need to do a different workout in addition to walking or if I should walk more after I get home from work.

Will walking continue to be enough? I see people doing T25 or P90X. I did T25 for almost 3 weeks and saw no results at all. No weight loss or inches lost.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Ah, man, I was thinking the Wendi plan was eating every meal at Wendy's. LOL You know, like Jared's Subway diet!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #5  

LOL wrong Wendy....that would be nice though =)
Old 07-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1286 View Post
Hello everyone!
Also, what kind of exercise does everyone do? I enjoy walking for an hour during my lunch breaks at work and walking/jogging at home after work for 45 min to an hour. Is this enough?
I try and walk 4 miles at least 3 times a week. My dog wishes it was more:)
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:09 PM   #7  
Less of a Better Me

If you are using a Fitbit, what kind of calorie deficit does your Fitbit show?

While I follow WW, I record what I eat in My Fitness Pal which talks to Fitbit and gives it my calorie intake so I can see how many calories I burn and whether I have a deficit.

Having lost almost 45 pounds myself I know that I now burn fewer calories since my body is smaller. So to lose the same amount of weight I either have to increase exercise intensity or exercise for longer time or eat less. I am already at the minimum on eating so increasing exercise intensity or exercising for longer works better for me.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #8  

Walking isn't enough. You need strength training at least twice a week to have a toned body. When you don't strength train y0u lose muscle along with fat so you can end up a skinny person with lots of fat inside.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote