Old 07-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Default 1200 cals is becoming too much for me?

After the first few days of starting my diet again, it was HARD. I was hungry all the time, but now that I'm on week 3, I feel a lot better. It's almost 9pm and I've only eaten 500 calories, currently drinking up a 240 cal drink from dunkin donuts and I'm just not hungry! Should I try to reach 1200 or decrease my calorie intake? I want to take it slow so that the weight loss comes off for GOOD. I'm not into losing weight fast as I want this to be a lifestyle change! Whenever I've tried to lose it fast in the past and basically starved myself, it always comes back. I AM determined to reach goal weight by the end of the year and start maintaining.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Listen to your body and do the research. A lot of people on low calorie plans lose their appetite after awhile, for whatever reason, perhaps its because we shrink our stomachs overtime. I've heard some people that have weight loss surgery lose their ability to detect hunger, but you need food (or nutrients) to live so you eat in spite of it. If you're really not that hungry today that is fine but I've heard anything under 800 (on a regular basis) is dangerous especially without a doctor's supervision.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #3  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I calorie restrict as well. I spoke to my doctor about a lot of things this time around. Including my knees and shins for running, back for working out, and nutrition. Calorie counting is fine and dandy, but if you do consistently find yourself under 1000 calories, you need to find a good snack to increase it. I log my food, and also watch my general nutrition. Like, if I have nothing but carbs, the next day I try to up the protein. If I have low on fiber for a while, I'll eat something that is fiber rich. Just try to keep a decent weekly balance.

My doctor told me to try snacking on occasion if I was constantly under. Being under one day, you're just not hungry, it's good to listen to your body. But, if you are always under, try some healthy snacks.

Boiled Eggs
Apples and Peanut Butter
A few Almonds (Calorie Rich and you barely need any to get those extra calories in!)
Fruits
Veggies
Humus
Some whole wheat crackers (a few)

I also had a eating disorder, so I personally push to the 1200 mark, eating under at 600 or purging all the time has made me feel more proud when I'm eating a decent amount. I check in with my doctor and counselor as well, which I do recommend.

My doctor did say that one day going low will not hurt you, it's when we consistently deprive our-self. She also let me know that my body would start to demand food, just not the normal "growly" way you may expect. Like Fatigue, weakness in muscles, "shaky" hand syndrome (she called it something else....), and mood swings from not getting enough food. I was told if I felt these symptoms to get a good snack like a boiled egg or some fish to help.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

There are approximately 87 threads started by people who are a little ways into their diet and suddenly can't eat up to their calorie limits. Since none of us ended up here by not being able to eat enough, trust that your body will adjust and you will soon be eating enough.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #5  
studentmom

S/C/G: 253/253/155

Height: 5'3"

when I lost weight the last time I would bank my points or calories and eat 400-600 one day a week, kind of a cheat day, but not ourageously.
sanshir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

When I was actively losing weight some days my calorie count was only 700 for the day,but since I was determined not to eat after 6 pm it often stayed that way.But not every day was that low and I am still determined to not eat after 6 pm or thereabouts.I am maintaining at about 1400 to 1800 per day with no eating after 6 pm.
I guess the short answer is that some days are low and others are not over 1800.
I kept a journal and looking back I see that most days during weight loss were approx 1000 calories per day.
AS long as you can stay on track do what feels right and leads to weight loss.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote