Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #1  

Default Home of the 100% (no cheat zone) Volume 34

This is the thread to discuss 100% adherence to the plan. We don't mention cheats (whether intended or not) or off-plan eating. There are lots of places on the IP forum to talk about mistakes or needs to return to plan. This is the place where we focus on doing it RIGHT! Nobody is perfect but we want a "safe" place where we can focus on following the plan the way it is intended.

Link to previous thread is here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...lume-33-a.html

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-25-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #2  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

The last posts on volume 33 were about Creolelady's win over the movie popcorn only to discover that she had 2 restricted items in one day.... I made that mistake on Thursday - I had maple oatmeal for breakfast and then had a bar for evening snack.

I guess this proves the value of planning the whole day ahead rather than planning meal by meal. I need to organize my IP food storage to separate the restricted from the rest, too. Both these changes should be good fixes.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
The last posts on volume 33 were about Creolelady's win over the movie popcorn only to discover that she had 2 restricted items in one day.... I made that mistake on Thursday - I had maple oatmeal for breakfast and then had a bar for evening snack.

I guess this proves the value of planning the whole day ahead rather than planning meal by meal. I need to organize my IP food storage to separate the restricted from the rest, too. Both these changes should be good fixes.
I always separated my food into gallon sized bags marked with the day of the week so it was easy to grab them. Of course, I was a little obsessive during P1 - I planned the week's food out on Sunday and posted it on the fridge. Tried to be flexible if something came up but really liked having the food part planned and then I could worry about other things. After I got about 10 menus planned out I could just rotate them and since I saved the shopping list for each week, it was easy to just print it out.

And if having two restricteds in a day once in the worst mistake you make you have nothing to worry about!

Creolelady - congrats on winning over the popcorn - that's a great NSV!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #4  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

I am reading The Beck Diet Solution book...which is actually set up to START reading before you pick your diet. But she says (the author) that it is still really valuable for those who are in the midst of dieting or are looking to maintain their weight loss. First plan of action, make a 3x5 card that lists all the reasons you want to lose weight. Thought I would put it on here to hold myself accountable and maybe see what other people think also.

Reasons I want(ed) to lose weight:

1) To look better.
2) To feel like my clothes fit properly again.
3) To be healthy and get my Hashimotos under control.
4) To feel more self-confident from the inside out.
5) To feel more like who I was before I lost my son.
6) To have fun even doing things like swimming/wearing shorts.
7) To feel good about the foods I am eating.
8) To feel more confident in my job.
9) To wear a smaller clothes size, especially pants.
10) To be a healthy role model for my kids.

Beck wants to read your "advantage response cards" two times a day (I am going to put mine in my food diary...which I am going to start being more vigilent about) and also refer to it when you really are tempted to indulge or are having self-sabotaging thoughts.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #5  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I am reading The Beck Diet Solution book...which is actually set up to START reading before you pick your diet. But she says (the author) that it is still really valuable for those who are in the midst of dieting or are looking to maintain their weight loss. First plan of action, make a 3x5 card that lists all the reasons you want to lose weight. Thought I would put it on here to hold myself accountable and maybe see what other people think also.

1) To look better.

Beck wants to read your "advantage response cards" two times a day (I am going to put mine in my food diary...which I am going to start being more vigilent about) and also refer to it when you really are tempted to indulge or are having self-sabotaging thoughts.
I'm reading the book as well. I've also made my list which is very similar to yours. Feeling more confident, wearing smaller sizes and being healthier are my prime motivators.

Another book I would recommend also is Refuse to Regain. It's a book for those who have lost the weight but want strategies for maintaining their weightloss. I think if we can use the tools available to us in these books during maintenance, then we will be successful!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I have to order both of these books!!!! I keep a journal and have a list that I made- I refer to it often and repeat it to myself when I am tempted.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the support ladies. Even though I had the two restricted in one day I still feel great about not eating the movie popcorn.

We are on our way back home after going to louisiana for a family reunion this weekend. I planned ahead and packed food. I am feeling great because I did not have ONE bite of off protocol food this weekend. No BBQ, no cake, no watermelon, NOTHING unauthorized. I'm feeling swollen from all the long car rides but I am guzzling water. I weigh in tomorrow and hope to see the scale move !!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #8  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post
Thanks for the support ladies. Even though I had the two restricted in one day I still feel great about not eating the movie popcorn.

We are on our way back home after going to louisiana for a family reunion this weekend. I planned ahead and packed food. I am feeling great because I did not have ONE bite of off protocol food this weekend. No BBQ, no cake, no watermelon, NOTHING unauthorized. I'm feeling swollen from all the long car rides but I am guzzling water. I weigh in tomorrow and hope to see the scale move !!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Way to go creolelady!! I'm super impressed at your ability to stay OP. You are definitely flexing your 'resistance muscle'.

I've just got back from the gym. Now that I am in phase 3, my coach has allowed me to up my cardio levels. So I've started running on the treadmill and I'm making significant gains. Amazing how much easier it is when I have less weight that is putting pressure on my knees!

Hope everyone has an amazing OP weekend!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Lisa: Regarding your re-start...if I don't get a chance to log on in the morning, I'm wishing you (and your thyroid!) nothing but a swift, downhill and, hopefully, bump-free journey to goal
Old 07-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Looks like a lot of us are ready Beck's. My husband and I have been going through the introduction area during the week and are starting our 3x5 cards tonight. I am very appreciative for the recommendation of the book; I am hopeful getting the mental part under control will be a game-changer from gaining weight after meeting my goal which is my MO typically on a diet.

One question I had was about starting minor exercise. I am looking at PiYo, a blend of Pilates and Yoga videos to start sculpting without getting into high intensity cardio. Would I just make up after a workout with a shake? Will this minor, low-impact exercising slow down my progress? If so, I don't want to start it, but wanted to hear everyone else's experiences. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #11  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post

1) To look better.

I have not read the Beck Solution tho after reading your post I want to get it now --- but last week I began a thread "After I lose weight I will..." -- I want to keep in mind those daily real life reasons that I should stay on program and reach my goal.
After I lose weight I will:
- be able to breathe as I tie my sneakers or fasten my dance shoes
- have a waist that will make it more comfortable to wear a skirt -- suits will return to my wardrobe!
- actually consider something sleeveless as a possible item of apparel that I would wear in public
- be able to carry 10lbs of cat litter upstairs without wondering if I will get to the top
- not have as much knee pain
- I will be willing to don a costume for amateur dance competition... losing the fear of looking like a pink sausage on the dance floor
- probably not wake up so often with my hands asleep
- be able to see my toes without bending over to see past my belly
- walk into a room full of people and not bet that I am the largest person in the room...

Lots of posts from others -- many adding 'have my photo taken' to the list -- so many of us who have carried extra weight dodge the camera whenever possible. This has become increasingly hard now that everyone has smartphones....

But I do think that staying in touch with this list is a helpful motivator - influencing me to stay 100% on program - no cheats!
Old 07-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #12  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I just ordered the Beck Diet Solution Book from Amazon due to this sites recommendation. Thank you all!
Old 07-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #13  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Hello All,
I have been doing well since my restart, looking forward to the 50 lb gone mini goal mark which is getting closer every day. Sad thing about getting so heavy it takes about 70 or so lbs before people really notice. LOL I expect to get the "nice hair" comments though anytime after 50 are gone. My trip to GA went well. I took my airline seatbelt extender with me, and used it. I could possibly have squeezed into the regular belt, but I figured it wasn't worth the discomfort for a 5 hour flight each way. This should be the last time I will need this contraption anyway. Sounds like I may need to go back to GA in the fall.

My find on a past trip of a nice hotel with a kitchenette was squashed by the old management being taken over by another chain and a remodel wiping out all their kitchenettes. The trip was unexpected and all the hotels were booked due to softball/baseball tourneys going on. Regardless I was glad to have a nice bed and shower, a mini fridge and a microwave.

Barb
Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/220/155

Hi peeps! I started in July. July 3rd to be exact and am a bit OCD regarding staying on program if for no other reaso than the cost!!! I do not want to waste my time or money. So far I have lost 14 pounds, that averages out to 3-4 pounds a week . Nice.
How do you post a members thread in in part of a message like I see in the top of some of the messages on here??? Any help would be appreciated. Good night peeps. We got this!!!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #15  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Default Kale chips from microwave

I was away from the 3fc site for about a year, so if this has already came up forgive me. My sister sent me this for Kale Chips from the microwave. I will give it a try. Let me know if you already do this and how you like it. I'm pumped up because they would be very quick to do, smaller batches so I'm not tempted to eat more than I should of them at a time, and I have some kale in the garden just waiting for me.

From the NPR food blog and America's Test Kitchen

Kale Chips

If you've somehow missed that kale chips are a "thing," with recipes flooding cooking sites and packages of commercially made chips now turning up even in ordinary supermarkets, trust us: Tossing torn leaves of kale with oil and salt and baking them until crispy is a worthwhile endeavor. The slightly browned leaves take on a nutty, sweet taste and a pleasing, brittle texture. But the standard oven approach isn't perfect: It's hard to get the leaves evenly browned; plus, it's difficult to drive off enough moisture so that the chips stay crispy when stored for more than a few hours. So when we noticed a few blogs promoting a microwave method, we were eager to give it a try. We found that the microwave dehydrates the leaves evenly and thoroughly, so they stay crispy longer — and the chips cook a whole lot faster than they do in the oven. (Note: For the best texture, we prefer to use flatter Lacinato kale. We also found that collard greens work well, but we don't recommend curly-leaf kale, Swiss chard, or curly-leaf spinach, all of which turn dusty and crumbly when crisped.) Here's our take on the technique.

5 oz. kale (about 1/2 bunch)

kosher salt to taste

Remove stems from kale. Tear leaves into 2-inch pieces; wash and thoroughly dry, then toss well with 4 teaspoons oil in large bowl. Spread roughly one-third of leaves in single layer on large plate and season lightly with kosher salt. Microwave for 3 minutes. If leaves are crispy, transfer to serving bowl; if not, continue to microwave leaves in 30-second increments until crispy. Repeat with remaining leaves in 2 batches. Store chips in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Closed Thread