Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-25-2004, 08:45 PM   #1  
Body-for-Lifer

Default Any Body-For-Lifers? I need help...

I've been on Body-for-Life for 3 weeks now, im entering my fourth today technically. Anywho, I haven't noticed ANY results AT ALL. My weight has stayed the same, I look the same, just nothing. I don't feel any different at all. I'm concerned that it may have to do with my diet portion. I am currently using EAS AdvantEdge bars/drinks and Snickers Marathon bars. I am considering switching to Myoplex or Myoplex Lite, because I haven't been seeing any results. Any ideas?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:50 AM   #2  

Derek - Check out the Ladies (And Gents) Who Lift Forum, just a few floors down. Lots of BFLers there, some into 3rd and 4th challenges (with results!)

dip
diphthong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 08:26 PM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Derek~~ Hang in there. If I remember correctly, many people have posted that they didn't see any changes until the 6-8 weeks . And then it really started to show.
2BFIT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:09 PM   #4  

Derek I did BFL about two years ago. I saw results because I did NOT eat the Myoplex supplements. I believe that if you choose to eat these then go with the lite variety. Instead, I ate ( or rather drank) smoothies made with the recipe that I created which I will include. The thing that I really liked and was hard to change was the 20 minute cardio. You are still getting cardio on lift days if you perform the lift routine at a steady pace. I did not rest between sets as long as the book recommends. I also, at 48 going on 49 can lift a tremendous ammount of weight and I love to challenge myself. Kick up your intensity a little bit, watch your portions and cut out those Marathon bars. They really don't offer that much healthy nutrition and they are glorified candy bars. Youde do better with Zone bars. Good luck.
Recipe for smoothie: 3/4c. low fat cottage cheese, 1 cup of frozen fruit i.e. strawberries, blueberries, peaches or other low glycemic fruit, 1 can diet soda ( orange, cream soda, lemon lime etc. not cola) 2 pkg. Splenda. Thaw fruit until slightly soft, throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth. This will be a little thick but very satisfying and very filling. It's loaded with protein and low in carbs. You can also put a few almonds in it too for a little good fat. You can experiment and I have made some great smoothies. Have fun Hot Flash!
Hot Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:24 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Hi! I'm on a modified BFL ... cheat a lot, unfortunately, but working on it! I don't have any good advice because I long ago changed the program to fit ME! I do use EAS Carb Control shakes a lot but mostly just eat real food balanced as per BFL ... love the Myoplex Lite crunch style bars but that's all I'd eat if I ate 'em at all, so I don't! I love the eating style ... Hot Flashes, I also love cottage cheese in a smoothie, generally I just use the cheese and unsweetened frozen fruit and a bit of water ... I have a smoothie machine but it's too big for one serving so I just use a hand blender ... thanks for posting the bit about the almonds ... I'm going to get some as soon as I go to the store!

Good luck, Derek!!!!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote