Old 07-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #1  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Default Exercise And Induction: Does It Cause You To Stall?

I know that Dr. Atkins encourages exercise while on Induction, but in the past it always caused serious stalls on the scale for me. This is my fourth day back on Induction and I'm wondering if I should exercise, ditch the scale and judge my weight loss by the way my clothes are fitting me or not exercise and continue to weigh myself once a week. Any thoughts?
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I can only tell you what I did. Use it as you see fit.

I did two weeks of induction. The first week I exercised for 20 minutes on the elliptical every day. I lost over 10lbs. The second week I didn't exercise at all. I lost about 3-4lbs. So, no, cardio didn't stall my weightloss. But you don't want to wear yourself out while transitioning off carbs so I wouldn't do anything too strenuous.

However, I have found that whenever I start a strength training exercise I gain a little weight for a couple of days. But that is just your muscles holding on to water as they repair...it will come back off.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #3  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
I can only tell you what I did. Use it as you see fit.

I did two weeks of induction. The first week I exercised for 20 minutes on the elliptical every day. I lost over 10lbs. The second week I didn't exercise at all. I lost about 3-4lbs. So, no, cardio didn't stall my weightloss. But you don't want to wear yourself out while transitioning off carbs so I wouldn't do anything too strenuous.

However, I have found that whenever I start a strength training exercise I gain a little weight for a couple of days. But that is just your muscles holding on to water as they repair...it will come back off.
Thanks! I will give it a try for a week or two and see what happens on the scale. I just want to make sure I don't get discouraged if I'm not seeing the numbers drop, which has happened many times in the past.
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

If little deviations in weight cause you to get that discouraged I would maybe take a break from weighing. Maybe once a week or so? I exercise almost daily and feel better. Sometimes after a weight training day the scale goes up a bit from the water retention in the muscles but it always goes back down.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote