Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Wednesday 7/23/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-23-2014, 07:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

I am out on the road all day today so my cooler is packed with my foods and I am ready to go. Old me would have stopped for something along the way with of course a bag of something to munch on in the car....My how times have changed.

Have a great day everyone...
Old 07-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

WOW 65x65 thank you so much for last nights post!! You have conquered the mental side of weight loss. I am more committed then ever to doing this 100% and properly going through all the phases! You are a true inspiration in this journey!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #4  

Morning, all!
Report from yesterday: I have some VERY happy doctors on my hands! They are thrilled with my progress. Had all the blood drawn this morning for the labs so I should know in the next few days how things are looking. It's nice to not be anxious before a doctor's appointment, worrying about what they will say about weight. Only getting better from here!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good morning. Can I say my love for IP is renewed? It really has been easy to maintain at this trying time by following the basic principles that are laid out.

Today is the day I say good bye to my walker. I think PT will be moving me to the cane.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #6  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

This message is for JLUS.... I am new here, so I am unsure as to how to private message. I am very interested in a list of what you order from Nashua (sp). Maybe you can message me. I am totally lost here. Thanks
Old 07-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Way to go GraceRev!!!! Awesome news!!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #8  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning IPers~!! I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Can I say that after I have cut out a lot of the 'junk' in my diet and the fact I'm drinking so much water now that my skin is looking bright and healthy! That's just another plus to this diet!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
WOW 65x65 thank you so much for last nights post!! You have conquered the mental side of weight loss. I am more committed then ever to doing this 100% and properly going through all the phases! You are a true inspiration in this journey!
Thx so much...I really wish we could all meet face to face sometimes. It is so much easier to communicate what I feel. IP changed my life for sure, but it more importantly changed ME. That is what has made maintenance easier for me. My expectations for maintaining are completely centered on expectations which involve me ..100% never giving up on my journey.

Never do I want to discourage anyone...but hope to encourage others to surrender to the plan for the long haul, and love every day and yourself going forward.
Best wishes. You can all do this!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #10  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Morning, all!
Report from yesterday: I have some VERY happy doctors on my hands! They are thrilled with my progress. Had all the blood drawn this morning for the labs so I should know in the next few days how things are looking. It's nice to not be anxious before a doctor's appointment, worrying about what they will say about weight. Only getting better from here!
GraceRev that is awesome! My sister needs to lose a significant amount of weight and often puts of being seen for medical troubles because she does not want the "you need to lose weight talk". Happy to report, though, that she is on a plan (not IP....but seeing a weight loss doc).

You are going to keep surprising them!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #11  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Yes, thank 65x65 for you insights from a vet. We learn SO much from those with experience who keep paying it forward!

Today is school registration for my son's school ALREADY. Eek! Summer is short and just flies by. I'll admit that I am a little excited to step into his school over 30 lbs down from the last time I was there!

This is off-topic, but if anyone has advice I'll take it! I am lining up candidates to interview for an afterschool nanny job this school year for my kiddos. We have had "babysitters" in the past (mostly high school seniors) but never had a more formal employee. Any advice on what questions to ask or even how to set this up for success is appreciated!

Another off-topic jump....I had the most REALISTIC dream that I was 4 months pregnant! It scared the crud out of me! I was like, "I just got my stomach BACK!", lol. Anyway, phew. My body is beyond retired as a babymaker.

Hope everyone has a blessed day. I am so so so thankful for IP and really don't know that I could do it without you all!!!!!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Exclamation IMPORTANT: Recall of stone fruits LYSTERIA

I just saw this this morning, FDA sent out a recall of peaches, plums, nectarines, pluots sold to Costco, Sam's Club, Walmart, and Trader Joe's due to possible Lysteria problem. Fruit is to be destroyed or returned to store. Here's the link:

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/07...tarines-plums/

"According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Wawona Packing Co. is voluntarily recalling peaches, nectarines, plums, and pluots that were packed at its Cutler, California, warehouses between June 1 and July 12. Wawona believes the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes - See more at: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/07/fruit-lovers-beware-nationwide-recall-of-peaches-nectarines-plums/#sthash.7IMjYnjm.dpuf"

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-23-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #13  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Morning, all!
Wahoo Grace! Congratulations!!! I hope the labs turn out good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning IPers~!! I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Can I say that after I have cut out a lot of the 'junk' in my diet and the fact I'm drinking so much water now that my skin is looking bright and healthy! That's just another plus to this diet!
Crazy isn't it? I can only imagine what it will be like once we are in maintenance and eating more calories....we think we are glowing now.
Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I just saw this this morning, FDA sent out a recall of peaches, plums, nectarines, pluots sold to Costco, Sam's Club, Walmart, and Trader Joe's due to possible Lysteria problem. Fruit is to be destroyed or returned to store. Here's the link:

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/07...tarines-plums/

"According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Wawona Packing Co. is voluntarily recalling peaches, nectarines, plums, and pluots that were packed at its Cutler, California, warehouses between June 1 and July 12. Wawona believes the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes - See more at: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/07/fruit-lovers-beware-nationwide-recall-of-peaches-nectarines-plums/#sthash.7IMjYnjm.dpuf"
Sigh.....I saw this online on Monday. I just had purchased some peaches from Walmart to make peach pies with (I've been making pies to work on my crust technique, avid baker her but, novice crust maker). I'm going to return them to get my money back. Seriously though...listeria. Good thing my parent's peaches are coming on. There is really something to be said about homegrown. We buy our beef from my parents as well....grass fed, etc.

```````````````````````````
Scale has been going down slowly but, surly as of lately. Good news is...I hit 70lbs gone! Wahoo! Very exciting.
In other news I'm really looking forward to tomorrow at 4pm. We are going to Seattle Friday thru Sunday to take our daughter to the Aquarium and the Zoo. She ADORES animals as do we. I'm excited to see the excitement on her face. It's going to be fun! Next week we are hoping to continue installing wood floors on our main level when we get back from Seattle. We did our daughter's room in December but, the rest of the top floor hasn't been touched. My husband is a farmer so he works 7 days a week the majority of spring, summer, and fall. Thank God for grandparents next week to watch our daughter for a couple days so we can blitz out the work. I already ripped up the carpet in the upstairs master and all the old moldings. I'm hoping to be able to paint the ceilings in that room tonight when we put our daughter to sleep for the night, and then the walls maybe tomorrow? Once we get the wood floors in we are hoping to put some board and batten in our dinning room, hallway and the bathrooms.

Anyone else like diy renovations? We did it with our last house, which was a good thing, especially when we put it in the market. We sold in and were under contract two days after putting it on the market. Too bad there isn't enough time to get everything done when you have kids but, alas I wouldn't trade parenting for the world.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I think i'm finally out of my bad mood! Thank the good Lord! It was TOM, maybe that was it?

My nephew flew in from NY and is staying with us for a couple of weeks, so we went grocery shopping last night. I forgot how expensive it is to feed a teenage boy!!! LOL
Old 07-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

CanadianCandy: Gratz on the loss. How old is baby #3? .... I am also a restarter, my lil guy is almost 15 weeks old his dad is also doing the diet with me (alternative plan because he is a down hill Longboard racer and regular IP wouldn't provide what his body needs) he loses weight so much faster! I'm thinking of coating all his food in butter lolzzz kidding of course but it is rather annoying :/

My youngest baby just turned 3 months. They grow up so fast. My husband is doing very well on the diet and it has made a world of difference that he is doint it with me. We are having fun making food together, talking about how sexy we will be together, and it has put a little bit of spice back into "making cookies" if you know what I mean. Good luck to you and your hubby and give that little guy lots of kisses and hugs.
Closed Thread