Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 07:08 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #51

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #51

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Face and Body Friday We need to take care of our bodies with facials, pedicures, whatever
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
Old 01-25-2004, 07:15 AM   #2  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is this weeks poll:

You got picked for a game show on TV, which one is it?
Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud, Shop Til You Drop, Supermarket Sweep, Lingo, or Jeopardy?

Dot: Ok as far as the cardio glider is concerned here is my assessment. It will work out the heart, and upper body only. You get nothing for your, butt, legs etc. It is not a bad machine at all, just limited as to what it will do like a lot of machines that concentrate only on one thing.

As for me, I am a Jeopardy and trivia nut all the way so that is the show I would want to be on.

I got another 4 yesterday. We are going to clean carpets this am and then go to the gym when it opens at 1PM. I am sore today but I think it is because rain moved into the area. I always feel the effects of that when it happens.

**LEST WE FORGET....THERE IS A GIFT CARD UP FOR GRABS, GIRLS SO LET'S WORK HARD SO WE CAN SHOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

Check back later, chickies!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-25-2004 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #3  

Morning ladies!
4 points again yesterday........that makes 5 days in a row!! Woo hoo......
The scale is still in the same general range, but at the lower end right now. (I fluctuate between 218 and 220 constantly). Someone mentioned to me about eating fruit to shock your system into losing weight again. I was doing that back in the summer and fall when I was losing, then I started leaning more towards the protein and have been doing that most of the winter. Maybe my body has adjusted to the protein and now needs to be shocked again. I think I'll try loading up on the fruit for a while. It can't hurt, I already get tons of fiber Maybe that will be the jolt I need to get the weight loss going again.

I've been talking to people the past couple of days who have been telling me that they've been depressed and crying for no reason as well. Maybe it's just a cosmic thing happenin'.......or maybe it's just a northern thing, it's been so cold for so long we're sunshine deprived. Who knows? At least I know I'm not crazy, I'm not alone.

Well, gotta fly.........If I were going on a game show, I'd want to do something physical like Survivor or that old show American Gladiator. Of course, I'd need like a YEAR to get ready for it!!

See you all tomorrow!
Julie
Old 01-25-2004, 02:24 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

I got 2 points yesterday - exercise and water only.

If I ever went on a TV gameshow (haven't heard of half the ones you've mentioned Faye!) - I would go on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' - I've been tempted to ring in because I can usually answer the questions up to £32,000 - £64,000 - I'm just too shy!. Some people will do anything to get on TV - well I am the complete opposite! I figure that if I was to put myself through the trauma of going on TV, at least I want the chance to win 1 million pounds!!!

Keep up the hard work everyone!

Amanda xxx
Old 01-25-2004, 02:49 PM   #5  

I am not quick, so I think Millionaire would be the best one for me. I always loved the Newlywed game when I was a kid, I don't know what it is, just kind of funny to see people guess how well they know eachother. They should have a game like that for friends, boyfriends etc..I would like that the best.

I got 0 points yesterday. But I did get some studying done. 2 weeks in a row with 4 points M-F, then a big blow-out on saturday. Whats a girl to do?
Old 01-25-2004, 02:58 PM   #6  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

I still have'nt managed a 4pt day i'll let you know as soon as i do but i am a consistant 3

Amanda, i have'nt heard of half of those shows either i think it would be 'the price is right' for me.

Kim, i'm glad that my "advice" helped someone it really does help to get out of the house tho' when you are feeling really down and window shopping is'nt bad and its even better when you can buy

Off to exercise..i'll be back later to let you know what i've done
Old 01-25-2004, 03:33 PM   #7  

Yikes, girls, I forgot about Amanda and Cat might not have seen the american game shows. Those were the only ones I could remember. I know the Brits used to have this sort of like reality show where you did stunts to win money or something and it was hilarious! (Saw it on BBC America once)

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS!!!

Julie
Me
Cat
Amanda

AFTERNOON EXERCISE QUEENS:

Me 45 minutes on the treadmill and I am kind of sore today.

Have a good afternoon girlies!

Amanda: You should go for it and try out for the show. We would all cheer you on!

Faye
Old 01-25-2004, 03:49 PM   #8  

Hi All,
I got 2 pts fri and 4 pts Sat. I've got this head cold so my eyes are watering real bad, can't see the computer screen that well!
Did some walking yesterday, my knee didn't hurt. I wonder if that glucosamine that I am taking is really helping or if something popped back into placre on its own. I have been in constant pain since April---this is a huge relief. I am going to buy new walking shoes with some of the income tax refund I will be getting this week.
For the poll, it would have to be Wheel of Fortune. Word games like that I can do--anything else with speed, forget it.
Off to motivate ds to clean his room!!!!
Judy
Old 01-25-2004, 04:58 PM   #9  

Judy for points. My suggestion for shoes are New Balance. I am totally flat footed and so have all the problems associated with that. Jack has worn them for years and swears by them. He bought me a pair of New Balance last year when I started on my program and they are spectacular. If you have a Rack Room in your area, they carry last years models so are fairly reasonable. I think I paid about $45 for mine and I would have paid a $145 for how they really helped me. My feet didn't hurt when I walked and before if I walked any distance, they would ache terribly because of my arch bone coming in contact with the pavement, floor, whatever. I won't ever buy anything else ever again.

Please let me know if any of you hear from Pam. I have sent her e-mails every day since the 19th and she had not read any of them so I am concerned. I know she can e-mail from work as well as home so that is why I am so worried that we haven't heard a peep from her.

Take care and have a good evening!

Faye
Old 01-25-2004, 08:58 PM   #10  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Good evening everyone! Its been a busy weekend which is why I wasn't here. Friday was a 4 point day; Saturday a 3 point day (no exercise) and today is a 3 point day (no exercise). I just didn't have time to squeeze in a workout and an extra shower yesterday. Today is my day off - I know I could have made up that missed workout but I've been really tired. I may try to squeese that focus abs & glutes exercise in this week sometime...maybe on the yoga day or pilates day!

Been busy with a petsitting client all weekend. Yesterday I had to cook for a couple hours for my DH's work Christmas party last night. I didn't overeat at all...did have a couple sodas though - my first caffinated stuff since Jan 4th! Actually, it didn't even taste good!

The scale is STILL not moving, but my body fat has gone down one more point - so I guess I'll take those two points loss happily! Its better than nothing! DH says he notices a difference in my hips so I guess that's another plus.

I had a big ego boost last night. I had left the party to go take care of some pets. While I was gone, DH and some friends of ours were discussing chest implants, lasik surgery, etc. DH mentioned that I would love to go on Extreme Makeover and have a bunch of stuff done. One guy I had only just met was astounded and told my DH that I was beautiful - why would I want to do that!??? WOW - when he told me that, I think I blushed! But it felt goooood!

I think I'd rather go on Wheel or Family Feud or something like that. I think I'd like to try something extreme like Fear Factor or Survivor, just to say I tied. I'd never win in either of those shows, but it be fun to try!

Well, I better get going! Hope everyone comes back and checks in soon! I miss hearing how everyone is doing!
Old 01-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Back from never never land. Work has had be tied up badly as of late. I have been pulling doubles and working the second job. Real quick on points 4 for fri sat and today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK game show supermarket sweep or jep.! Just popin in to say hi catch up later need sleep.

sandy
Old 01-26-2004, 06:37 AM   #12  

MONDAY: Today is Misson Monday. We continue with How to Stop When You're Full and #8 is Tune in to your Tuna. In other words, remove distractions from eating, like books, movies, tv and concentrating on eating. Otherwise, half the lasagna disappears and you wonder where it went. Try eating with a place setting, smaller dishes and good old fashioned communication!

WRAP UP POINTS FROM YESTERDAY:

Lisa
Sandy G

Lisa: You cooked for dh's Christmas Party????????????

Later girls!

Faye
Old 01-26-2004, 08:40 AM   #13  
It is what it is...

Default Good Morning All

What a morning, we got about 5 inches of snow last night, not used to that this winter, first big snow....hard to get to work...

Faye - I read that you bought some new scales - what kind were they and about how much? I need to get some that are going to be correct - the ones I have now fluctuate so much it is hard to know what you really weigh...

Julie - It is very common for people to get depressed in the Winter, very common. I had clinical depression ( and on meds ) for years, and although I am no longer on them, I still have trouble in the winter...it has to do with being stuck in the house and not having all the sunlight that we have in the other seasons...hope you feel better...

Judy - I am a little late but sorry to hear about the job...keep trying...

Amanda - This is also late but on the WW thing, I joined last year and I have always loved it - when I was following it faithfully I was dropping like 2 pounds per week, steady...I ended up just going to like 6 meetings and then doing it myself at home and I was fine...just my two cents...

Pam - where are ya? Miss Ya ( and Lisa too! )

Dot, Gigglez, Kim, Cat, and anyone I missed - have a great day!! You all are doing a great job -
I was OP all weekend but no exercise, so 3 points both days...
Old 01-26-2004, 08:45 AM   #14  

Good morning, fun ladies! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I can't beleive it is monday so soon! I was good last night, got into bed at 9, asleep by 10. So even though I am groggy at 5 am, I know by 8 I should be functional! I have never gotten up so early!

3 pts for me for yesterday. Weekends are a plan-killer, yesterday I missed the water.

Mission: I am so addicted to reading or watching TV when I eat, I've got a long way to go before I give that up. I wonder what it is that makes it so pleasurable to eat and veg out at the same time?!? I LOVE IT!

Good luck today everybody, I know you can do it!

Kim
Old 01-26-2004, 08:58 AM   #15  

Good Morning Lovelies!

Another grand 4 pointer day yesterday!!! Six in a row........I'm going to see just how long I can keep this up.

Carrie, do you realize that you're only 6 points away from reaching me! It's only been a few weeks, but you're on fire! Then again, I'm hoping to do some serious F ing with my body this week to get it losing again. I'm loading up on the fruit and raw veggies as much as I can, even though that is NOT what my body wants to eat in the winter! I want starch and protein and hot stuff. Which is what I have been eating (except the starch) and I think my body has just adjusted to it. Time to SHOCK!

I went to my martial arts practice last night and noticed a SIGNIFICANT difference in my stamina. Normally I fight for about 15 to 20 minutes and I want to quit. Last night, I kept at it for about 45 minutes without a break and ended up continuing for the full 3 hour practice without many breaks. I may not be losing poundage from hitting the treadmill hard last week, but I'll take that stamina gains! So, I'm keeping with the 50 minute treadmill sessions this week. Perhaps that combined with the new eating will make something happen on the scale.

LisaZ--I know how frustrated you are about the scale.....I'm right there with you babe! I'm ready to chuck the thing right out the window!!! Just keep at it, sooner or later something's got to happen.

I read somewhere recently the best reason for not giving up when it seems like you're not getting anywhere or when you've gotten off track. Basically, you KNOW that if you quit this time, you'll be back. Time has proven for all of us that we will try and try and try over and over and over again to lose weight. So, if we know we're going to end up right back here........why quit in the first place?? At least if we keep at it we haven't lost any ground. That rang true for me because I've always ended up quitting whatever program I was on, usually out of boredom. Then I'd end up right back at it, only with even MORE weight to lose. It's different this time! I've been at this now since July.......and I'm still motivated.

So, for those of us who are stalled........don't give up! You'll just end up back here in a year or so anyway

Well, gotta go walk now.

Stay
Julie
Closed Thread