Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Day Shred: July 14-Aug 12

tinneranne2 and formerfuturefisher - I went ahead and started us a separate thread for our 30DS challenge.

S Weight: 234.4
S Chest: 48"
S Waist: 40"
S Hips: 48"
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #2  

Btw, The more the merrier on this challenge!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #3  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I think the shred has gotten more difficult since the last time I tried it. lol

I have to take a tiny break every minute or so, which is accurate but sounds pathetic actually saying it. I am watching it on youtube, and my computer crashed at 17 minutes in. I restarted my computer and...um...fell asleep on my yoga mat for like 2 hours.

So I did the last circuit this morning and will do L1D2 this evening. I'm also walking 5k each day.

Day 1 weight: around 72.5kg (I don't currently have access to a scale, I was 72.5kg one week ago. Also, 30DS isn't really known for great losses, so I figure it's for the best)

Day 1 measurements:
neck: 34cm
bicep (L): 29cm
bicep(R): 28.5cm
underbust: 85cm
natural waist: 87cm
widest waist: 104cm
thigh(L): 57cm
thigh(R): 57cm

thanks for starting this thread!

Last edited by tinneranne2; 07-15-2014 at 03:36 AM.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #4  

Well, my L1D1 was a total disaster. Last time I did 30DS it kicked my butt, and I was in better shape. This almost killed me. I forgot how many pushups she has. I wasn't 5 minutes into the actual workout before my heartrate skyrocketed and I had to lay down or pass out. So that's about as far as I got. I'm quite ashamed at how soft I am right now. But I guess if I keep trying, maybe I'll get to the end of the whole workout by time the 30 days are up.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #5  
Still Chubby

it takes me almost an hour to get through the video. I can't do a minute of leg & arms without pausing. there's no shame in it. do what you can, when you can.

also, i can't even do a modified push-up, so i do planks instead.

Tues: L1D2 done & 5k @ 5.5kph on the treadmill.
Wed: L1D3 done - no treadmill today

Last edited by tinneranne2; 07-16-2014 at 04:26 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #6  
Still Chubby

Embarking on L1D4 now!

Plan for today: 30DS, shower, bank, grocery store, gym, shower, dinner with a friend in the city.

considering i didn't make it out of the house yesterday (but did my shred!!) this is an ambitious plan.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #7  

I didn't make it out of the house yesterday either...I didn't do the shred either. Pretty much just stayed in bed all day. Stupid depression. So I'm a little behind, but I will do my best to get the shred in today.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #8  
Still Chubby

you've got this! i know you do. today is not yesterday, it is brand new. you deserve some endorphins and the sense of accomplishment that come with engaging in warfare against Ms. Michaels.

i got like 7 minutes into the video this morning and was like "F%&# YOU JILLIAN!" and stormed off, so now it's 1:15am and I've just finished it.

i didn't make it to the gym, but I did the shred. 4 down, 26 to go.

WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 07-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #9  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

Awesome! Sorry I've been MIA, we left to visit family yesterday, but I packed my weights and I haven't missed a day yet! Totally forgot to pack my measuring tape, but I did take my measurements on D1, so at least I have my starting point.

So today will be L1D5, which I won't get to until later tonight - heading to the boardwalk in a little bit - but I'm determined to stick with it and not skip any days, vacation or not!
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #10  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinneranne2 View Post
you've got this! i know you do. today is not yesterday, it is brand new. you deserve some endorphins and the sense of accomplishment that come with engaging in warfare against Ms. Michaels.

i got like 7 minutes into the video this morning and was like "F%&# YOU JILLIAN!" and stormed off, so now it's 1:15am and I've just finished it.

i didn't make it to the gym, but I did the shred. 4 down, 26 to go.

WE CAN DO THIS!
Last night, I was having trouble connecting my iPad to my in-laws' internet. Right about the middle of circuit two, I started thinking OMG, I really don't want to do this, eff you Jillian - and YouTube froze and crashed. I was about to say eff it, but then I thought of you guys... and restarted YouTube, restarted the entire damn video and finished to the end
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureformerfisher View Post
Last night, I was having trouble connecting my iPad to my in-laws' internet. Right about the middle of circuit two, I started thinking OMG, I really don't want to do this, eff you Jillian - and YouTube froze and crashed. I was about to say eff it, but then I thought of you guys... and restarted YouTube, restarted the entire damn video and finished to the end
That is dedication!
Old 07-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #12  
Still Chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureformerfisher View Post
I'm determined to stick with it and not skip any days, vacation or not!
you are a champion!

i'm wondering when i will stop feeling sore...i went from 0 working out/exertion to 30DS. is it just gonna hurt like this forever?? lol
Old 07-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #13  

Sorry, but I'm going to have to bow out. Did the 30DS again yesterday, and managed to hurt my back. Chiroprator doesn't want me doing it anymore right now. I need to stick to low impact elliptical and my yoga. Maybe when the weight comes down and my back has been stregthened from the yoga I can try again.

But keep up the good work! Y'all are rockstars!!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #14  
Still Chubby

oh, bummer. im sorry to hear you're injured. i hope you have a quick recovery. i should probably start doing yoga, but that's more of a class type activity for me.

feel free to keep us company, if you like. L1D5 just kicked my flabby butt.

25 more days to go! (how is that even possible? I've been doing the shred for like 12 years already, i'm sure of it!! only 5 days? really?)
Old 07-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinneranne2 View Post
oh, bummer. im sorry to hear you're injured. i hope you have a quick recovery. i should probably start doing yoga, but that's more of a class type activity for me.

feel free to keep us company, if you like. L1D5 just kicked my flabby butt.

25 more days to go! (how is that even possible? I've been doing the shred for like 12 years already, i'm sure of it!! only 5 days? really?)
Thanks. I already have back & neck problems (one of the lovely gifts that runs through my family) so it doesn't take much to set it off. It doesn't hurt to much today thankfully...I spent most of the evening yesterday on a heating pad, that helps a lot.

So at 5 days in, do you think you will be ready to move up to level 2 on day 11, or do you plan to stay with level 1 longer? Last time I did it (years ago) I spent 30 days on each level, but then I only did it 5 days per week.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 07-18-2014 at 10:49 AM.