South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday, July 16 - Yes,really!

Whew! I think got it right this time.

I was in earlier but got a call from my friend Rachel whose dog and DH just got skunked! I always keep a bottle of Skunk-Off on hand and have never had to use it. Their Rottie really got blasted this morning. I'll pick up another bottle today when I'm in town.

Busy day ahead with a haircut at 10:30 preceded by some errands in town like picking up Paul Newman and dropping off a package to my friend Jane. Then I dash home to make it to Pet Therapy for 1:00. After that I'm sure there will be something else to fill up the remains of the day.

Looks like sunshine and moderate temps for the rest of the week so old St. Swithun was full of it! You just can't trust these saintly folk!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

YAY Ruth! I won't say I didn't even notice yesterday's was June. Not *too* important, right?!

Yesterday was even busier than Monday, do you think it will calm down today? We'll see. I am happy business is good though. In the middle of the crazy day, a young tech looked at me and said, "I'm so glad you work here". Awwwwwwww.

Today is the same. I am proud I did get up and go on a walk/run, which went well. Time to get ready for the day, and the sitter will be here in about 45 minutes (holy guacamole, I better get going!)
Old 07-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday "Hump Day" on The Beach! 7/16

It's more like a Washout Wednesday here this morning. We've been having some really heavy rain since yesterday evening! It's all supposed to be out of here by noon today with sunshine and lower humidity, thank goodness!

I'm going over to the farm for a few hours this morning to check on storm damage and make sure the dogs are ok, then stop by Dad's for a short visit.

My zucchini muffins turned out great, but they aren't completely OP, so I won't post the recipe here. They are healthier than most muffin recipes, though.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Busy morning already, Ruth!! Ugh, I remember years ago when our dog got skunked; luckily it only happened once or twice!

Today looks to be sunny and pleasant here. Perhaps a day to do more yardwork? At the least I know there are cucs to pick. I told my family we are at the time of year where everyone has to eat a minimum of one every day.

I've been monitoring my grains and dark chocolate consumption (I was out of control) for about 3 days now and I've dropped 2 1/2 pounds. I know it is water but it feels good to see the scale move the other way. We all know how important it is to stop the creep.

Twynn, I'd hate to have a job where I was bored all day. Imagine doing something like working a toll booth. Have a good one!

Cottage, your muffins sound delicious but some secrets are better kept, eh?

Off to make a smoothie. Enjoy your day, chicks, July is half over already!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I momentarily forgot it was Wednesday!

Last night's new recipe was a big success. I'll post it. This morning I think I'll make my first trip to the Farmer's Market. Then another lazy day.

Have a great one.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I heard once that toll booth attendant is one of the top most boring jobs. I had a friend who had worked at one in Fla and said some oddballs came through....like the heavy couple who didn't wear pants....lol

I didn't notice the thread, either, yesterday. All I care about is the day of the week. Wednesday, carpet cleaner coming while I'm at work. Must finish moving furniture and haul the cat box upstairs so kitty can get closed into an upstairs room for the day.

Twynn, what a wonderful compliment!

Ruth, sorry about the pup. Peew!

Cottage, I hope the rain has stopped!

Karen, excited for a new recipe!

Beth, I'd love to have pickable cukes!

See ya'll later! My boiler is finished and I DID remember to transfer $$ this morning since I gave Tom 2 checks last night.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow I slept in until 7:30 and I see all the chicks are on the go!!! I seem to wake up by 5:30 when I am off, but today convinced myself to stay in bed. Must be so etching with zucchini this time of year. I am going to make zucchini muffins for my work breakfasts this week. I am going to try and make it OP ish lol. I am going to use coconut oil and see if I can eliminate adding any sweeteners. A few dark chocolate morsels will find their way into the batter though lol.

Also making chicken chili in the crockpot for dinner. I forgot my mom gave me a crock cook book. If it is good I will post it.

Beth I though it was an apple a day to keep the dr away. Maybe they meant cucumbers lol

Ruth you are like Macguyver Ruth to the rescue!!!

Tammy so happy you are appreciated at work. Must feel great

Karen kudos on the recipe

Debbie glad the boiler is done.

I finally got the house in order, man was it furry, lol. Today shopping, prepping, cooking and maybe a bath for Coconut (I need motivation for that one). Have a great day. I better get moving as it is back to work tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Busy day for me so far, me and DS car pooled in since he only works 3 1/2 miles away from me. Figured it would save him gas money the days I come in to work. I brought in donuts for staff but am not even tempted by it

No time for personals today as I have a meeting to run to.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread