Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday 7/15/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-15-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 2 of getting back on plan. It amazes me how much better I feel when I stay 100% OP. So much energy.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/190/184

Height: 6'

Thrilled to report I attended my first yoga class in several months (with an artificial hip yoga class for me is sometimes a triumph of hope over experience). My weight before class this morning puts my BMI at 24.9, officially not overweight, probably for the first time since the 1980's.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:21 AM   #4  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone.
I had a really hard time sleeping last night.It's was very hot and muggy so I was uncomfortable all night. I live in a very dry place area so the humidity is very uncomfortable. Any way WI#7 ( i think) down 2.2lbs. Slowly chugging along but love the I am going down.

Concrats Tom on your BMI success. It must feel amazing to be in a normal range.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Day 2 of getting back on plan. It amazes me how much better I feel when I stay 100% OP. So much energy.
You've got this!!!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post

Too true - I have felt much better this last week, physically as well as mentally. For me, it's about feeling more in control again, where before I was getting stuck in a rut of letting my eating habits spiral out of control.

My first WI of my reboot today - and a bit more than halfway through the 10 pounds I'd regained since stopping IP! I look forward to melting away the rest of the ten and then pushing on to my goal from there.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #7  

Default Good morning!

Hi everyone!
Congrats, Tom, on the great achievement! That must feel wonderful.

Holding Annie in prayer today and hoping she gets good news from the doctors.

This morning, I did my first workout on a Power Plate machine with my chiropractor/coach. It wasn't too intense but I sure felt the stretching of the muscles. I will definitely be doing it again! A good 30 minutes.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #8  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Everyone!

Hoping Annie has a quick appointment with good results.

I feel like today is going to be a good day and I'm going to stick with that mentality. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and makes good, healthy choices throughout the day.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I have an NSV well two.... last night when I got off of the coach my husband said, your jeans are falling off of you. I said, I know I stepped on the hem when I was standing up, and he said no- they are too big, they are falling off of you! I could take them on and off without unzipping/buttoning them so I guess he was right. So today I pulled out a pair of jeans that were in my closet that I haven't worn in over a year and they fit!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #10  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in RI View Post
Thrilled to report I attended my first yoga class in several months (with an artificial hip yoga class for me is sometimes a triumph of hope over experience). My weight before class this morning puts my BMI at 24.9, officially not overweight, probably for the first time since the 1980's.
Congrats Tom!! this is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I have an NSV well two.... last night when I got off of the coach my husband said, your jeans are falling off of you. I said, I know I stepped on the hem when I was standing up, and he said no- they are too big, they are falling off of you! I could take them on and off without unzipping/buttoning them so I guess he was right. So today I pulled out a pair of jeans that were in my closet that I haven't worn in over a year and they fit!
Wahoo!! Exciting, isn't it? I no longer have any of my original clothes nor any of the too small clothes I saved for the "IF" I lose weight. I think it's been 16+years since I've been my current size. Go you Kelly, I hope your closet disappears.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #11  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

Gratz tom and kellyc14

First day back on 100% protocol and hoping to lose my pregnancy weight and get back into my pre-preggers clothes.

Hope everyone has a great OP IP day

P.s. wondering if anyone has tried the new lifestyle products and if so, how did they taste? (Better or worse then the atkins shakes?)

I am on maternity leave and cannot afford the real deal (getting used to 55% of my previous income has been challenging but I can afford alternatives
Old 07-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #12  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
That's awesome. I am off work for the summer and I have decided I'm not even going to attempt to try on any of my work clothes until we start the new school year in August. I am hoping they fall off when I do. I'm afraid to try them on because if I am unhappy that they are getting to big I'll set myself to quit.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #13  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Congrats on all the 100%, weigh-in's and NSVs on here!!!!!

I am sporting a pair of size 8's for the first time in 6 years. Crazy! I am looking forward to my official weigh-in tomorrow with my coach as my scale is on the fritz at my house, so I haven't weiged in TWO WEEKS! Fingers crossed I am down at least 3 lbs (I know I am slowing so I'm aiming low).

I went to the Dukan Site yesterday to calculate my ideal weight (per others' recommendations on here) and was pleased to find that 135 is a very realistic goal for me.

Most interesting was in determining my body frame. I have always thought of myself as being smaller-framed (mostly because I am the shortest person in my family and have fairly narrow shoulders), but according to the wrist test (wrap your fingers around your wrist), I am large framed! I even did a little more investigation and measured my wrist circumference and elbow width (according to the USDH and yes, I AM crazy at 11pm at night) and am blown away by the thought that being large framed means my weight range is different. I have always felt a little heavy for my height, even when I didn't LOOK heavy. And I wear a fairly large shoe size (7.5-8) and ring (6.5-7) even when thin, so it makes sense once I really think about it. My sister is 5'7" and wears the same shoes size and had a size 4 ring size at one time. And I remember that she can easily put her fingers around her wrists.

Anyway, I find the Dukan calculator fascinating. Highly recommend!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #14  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

Hmmm maybe I should check this calculator out, could be that I'm just large framed. After all I wear a size 8 shoe (unless there are only size 7, then I squeeze into them haha)

Really though, this does sound interesting since bmi calculators say u should be under 125lbs. Haven't been under that since before puberty :/
Old 07-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #15  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in RI View Post
Good job!!!
Closed Thread