Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Monday 7/14/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-14-2014, 08:09 AM   #2  

Good morning, everyone!
I am enjoying my Health Wise Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal outside on my back patio this morning. There is actually a cool breeze blowing (made my walk earlier nice!) and the birds are singing away in the trees. I have so much to be thankful for - especially this forum! I hope that all of you have a good start to your week.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #3  

Hi everyone
I posted the new sheets in the stickies but am also including the P1 sheet here (remember to do IP correctly it is ALL the phases, not just P1)

On the new sheet I noticed a few things.
JLUS pointed out the egg change (6 eggs, using 2-4 whole & remainder whites)

Clarification on zucchini (yes! Yellow summer squash is now actually on the list) and chayote, which is another squash with similar nutritional profile to zucchini has been added
Algae isn't there anymore. Lots of folks use seaweed for iodine. Wonder why it's off?
cabbage (all) is now there...no more cabbage questions!

And, the biggest change is the raw veggies that are now unlimited along with the lettuce. Many coaches have allowed those for quite some time.

They removed the "not permitted" veggie list. So now, for sure we're only allowed what is on the sheet!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 1 2014-06-25.pdf (363.4 KB, 99 views)
Old 07-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #4  

I saw the hair loss concerns from yesterday.

First and foremost, get your thyroid checked. Very low cal diets can cause temporary (or in my case, not so temporary) problems with thyroid. Hair loss is one of the symptoms.

Secondly, hair loss is common in low cal diets. Luckily I don't have additional hair loss problems from P1 than I already have with thyroid. The hair regrows when calories are added back in. This isn't particular just to low carb/fat/cal diets. It is the body's way of conserving energy for essential functions.

Some people will see more shedding but there won't be a noticeable difference in the remaining hair. Others get extremely thinned hair. I've seen some people move to wigs while losing weight.

For those with the more extreme problem, you might want to consider the alternative P1, which allows a serving daily each of carb, dairy, fruit. When switching, you'd have to give it 4-6 weeks to determine if a reduction in hair loss is noted.

I'll be returning to P1 on July 28. If my thyroid problems persist, I'll follow the alt P1 myself. I don't care how quickly/slowly the weight comes off, as long as it does!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #5  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Lisa for posting the new sheets. I am almost afraid to change anything I;'m doing because what I'm doing works. I eat pretty much the same thing daily which includes 4 cups of cucumber with a little onion and bell pepper split between my lunch and dinner. Sometimes with lettuce sometimes not. If I'm understanding them correctly I could eat unlimited cucumber. Like I said that scares me a bit. I am such a slow loser I'm afraid my losses would come to a stop.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #6  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Wow, Lisa...you're getting slow close to your P1 start date! How exciting! Your are going to be at a point now where each 5 lbs will make such a difference in how your clothes fit! Of course it make sense proportionally, but it still blows me away!

Thanks for posting the new "official" P1 sheet. I have not struggled with hunger at all on P1, but I am really happy for those who might to have the option of extra raw veggies/salad to help them through.

So, the eggs really aren't that different then, right? I was trying to remember and thought I've used 4 eggs + 2 egg whites for protein in the past.

Just dropped my kiddos off at a Kids Bible Daycamp and am about to see clients. It's a muggy day here but going to BEAUTIFUL the rest of the week. What a wonderful summer we have had here compared to normal midwest summers!
Old 07-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Thank you Lisa for posting the new sheets. I am almost afraid to change anything I'm doing because what I'm doing works. I eat pretty much the same thing daily which includes 4 cups of cucumber with a little onion and bell pepper split between my lunch and dinner. Sometimes with lettuce sometimes not. If I'm understanding them correctly I could eat unlimited cucumber. Like I said that scares me a bit. I am such a slow loser I'm afraid my losses would come to a stop.
You may want to try mixing it up a bit. Our bodies get used to the same thing all the time. Check out the select veggie list and see what else you could add.

I realize that the cukes are easy but so are other veggies. My go-to is slaw in the summertime, in addition to the cuke/onion/ACV salad.

Try some cauliflower. I make it just like potato salad, substituting the cauliflower insetad of potatoes (I use WF mayo mixed with a little homemade). I also like cauli rice and caulimash.

One of the coaches at my former clinic insisted on 2 small salads/day. I usually have one big bowl of green, leafy at some point in my day.

Venture out!
Old 07-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Had a big family party yesterday. The last time we got together was my first week on IP. Everyone commented on how good I look. It was so nice and motivating. The best part for me was how easy it was to stay OP compared to our last get together where I had to white knuckle through quite miserably.
I did want a hamburger bun (someday, sigh) but the chips, cake etc were no problem at all
Old 07-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #9  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Try some cauliflower. I make it just like potato salad, substituting the cauliflower insetad of potatoes (I use WF mayo mixed with a little homemade). I also like cauli rice and caulimash.

Venture out!
I'm a HUGE fan of cauliflower. It's so versatile. The local farmer's market didn't have a lot of IP approved veggies in season the last time I went so I need to go checkout Whole Foods so I can try some other things like the highly regarded rhubarb and jicama.

Did you notice on the updated list that they have 'mushrooms' listed twice? Once under the unlimited raw vegetables and under select vegetables. I'm going to assume that mushrooms are unlimited in the raw form but limited in the cooked form.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

I'm a big fan of cauliflower too - especially caulirice, although prepping it is a bit of a messy business. I am on day 7 of my restart and looking forward to my WI tomorrow. Finally the first week headaches and sluggishness and hunger seem to have let up - I am so full right now after my lunch. Amazing how our bodies adjust so quickly!

Lisa, thanks for posting the new sheet. I am doing this on my own with alternatives so don't have a coach or clinic right now. I'm wondering why they added unlimited raw veggies? Just curious - I think it could be helpful for when people get snacky, I'm just wondering if anyone has had their coach explain the rationale behind it, and why only raw vs additional cooked veggies.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #11  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I have noticed a lot more hair loss too. And I just had my thyroid checked since I'm cold all the time. No adjustment was needed. My doc td me to take biotin. I have a lot of hair so nobody is noticing but my husband because it's all over the bathroom!

My thought on raw veggies is that we work harder to digest them and sometimes sugars develop when you cook them as is the case with onions.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #12  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Just dropped my kiddos off at a Kids Bible Daycamp and am about to see clients. It's a muggy day here but going to BEAUTIFUL the rest of the week. What a wonderful summer we have had here compared to normal midwest summers!
We have had a really cool wet summer -- feels like end of August.

Speaking of camps I feel like the world's worst mother. I dropped my sons off to day camp which I had to talk them into going. I thought it would be fun to get out of the house (= good intentions) The teacher told me all kinds of things they hoped to be doing this week, including Rugby etc. so my tween boys bought into it. By chance I saw them walking down the street with their group and there are my 2 boys, 2 feet taller than all the other kids -- mostly girls. They almost look like THEY are the counsellors. Tomorrow they are going to be cooking at a local store.... not quite the "rugby" they were anticipating. I am going to hear about this for sure! I feel badly because I paid $300 for them to go, but I can tell it will be a miserable week.... ooops....
Old 07-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #13  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I have always been a lover of cauliflower. I used to eat it mashed all the time, now that I am on IP I can't stomach it. I could probably eat it raw. It is just gross to me without butter. It makes me gag.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #14  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
We have had a really cool wet summer -- feels like end of August.

Speaking of camps I feel like the world's worst mother. I dropped my sons off to day camp which I had to talk them into going. I thought it would be fun to get out of the house (= good intentions) The teacher told me all kinds of things they hoped to be doing this week, including Rugby etc. so my tween boys bought into it. By chance I saw them walking down the street with their group and there are my 2 boys, 2 feet taller than all the other kids -- mostly girls. They almost look like THEY are the counsellors. Tomorrow they are going to be cooking at a local store.... not quite the "rugby" they were anticipating. I am going to hear about this for sure! I feel badly because I paid $300 for them to go, but I can tell it will be a miserable week.... ooops....
Oh no! Maybe it will get better as the week goes on. I'm sure the girls are going to have crushes on your boys anyway!

Our camp wasn't so successful today either. My daugther was crying when I came to pick her up and said she was "hot and a boy spit water in my face" and my son said a bigger kid knocked his snow cone over, and several other "horrible" things that led them to both be grouchy kids this afternoon.

Well...we'll try again tomorrow. It's a HUGE camp at the church we used to belong to several years ago so the entire thing was very chaotic today. Should calm down (hopefully) tomorrow since I have clients scheduled during camp times.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I have always been a lover of cauliflower. I used to eat it mashed all the time, now that I am on IP I can't stomach it. I could probably eat it raw. It is just gross to me without butter. It makes me gag.
I did the cauliflower rice yesterday, I thought it was pretty good.
Closed Thread