Old 07-01-2014, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldlies in July - Jiggly, wiggly, giggly.

Okay, new thread, new month, new aspirations.

My goal for the month will be to stay warm, dry and maybe the same weight since I will not be able to eat regularly

What's your goal?

To check out the old thread, click here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...kicking-6.html

Last edited by Shad; 07-01-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Put in links
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #2  

Morning all

Probably not too much of anything remotely diet friendly over the next 3 weeks or so. Then I am on holiday for a couple of weeks. It will be as much as I can do to stay steady. I will be getting a bit more exercise in as I hope to do some walking (not necessarily in the woods) while I am touring the South Island which many people have said is the last place God made since he found everything that was good and grand around the world and plonked it into one small place.

The office has gone nuts and me probably most of all. It's stressful because I can't get ready answers out of our colleagues and consultants. The answer is always 'No can't be done'. Say that once too often to me and I feel like slugging them. Enough already. I am out of here in 6 working days. Less because I have already done an hour here this morning.

I'll be back to add the links shortly. Better get this coffee inside me and get on with some work.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #3  

Afternoon all. In this little airport waiting for my flight to leave. Actually, I'm waiting for the TSA to open up so I can get thru security. Not many flights per day here so they (TSA) close shop in between them.

Difficult trip between the wake & funeral and cleaning out my brother's house to start getting it ready for sale. Living in the same town and being able to help each other, my mother will have a hard time of it without him. However, she has already decided to move back to where my sis & I live. This will be a busy year if my mom tries to make this happen before winter..

Anyway, happy to be going home today & to have tomorrow off work.
===
Shad - Thanks for getting us going on July's thread. The official start of summer has not been happy for my family, but I hope July is better. I'm sure the next 5 days of work will go by quickly with all the madness there. Then on to vacation in a wonderful place - I sure would like to see NZ someday. We're all lucky we get to enjoy it vicariously through you!!

Happy - Keep at the yoga and you'll reap the benefits. Just hope the next session of classes is not so early in the morning! Sorry to hear about the medical issues with the kitties.

Michelle - Enjoy the beach tomorrow!!

Terra- Sounds like great progress on the quilt.

Susie- Nothing like a challenge to get the motivation going. Great loss last week!

Ceejay - Hope you're feeling better. We were eating out each day for three days - big meals. Thankfully they were the main meal and acted as both lunch and dinner. But there was a lot of fruit in the house & I ate a good amount of it yesterday & today.

Okay, gonna post this before I lose it. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Thanks for setting up the new thread.

My main goal is to get more rest and sleep. I've hired someone to mow the lawn for the rest of the summer. Last time I mowed I almost over done it.
This week I have one day off because I'm working a couple of days for L. Yep the 4th and 5th. But then I'm taking off a full week in September.
The maintenance man and he's young is not putting up his stuff. I'm trying my best not to say anything. but it's getting on my nerves.
I'm going to start my own liquid diet this week. My colonoscopy is Tuesday. The sheet said to have clear liquids the week before. Why I don't know.
Woke up to early this morning so I did 10 minutes on the bike and will do 10 more tonight after work.
Day one of the friend/boss not being here but all is well in my little corner.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-01-2014 at 05:23 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #5  

Laura
I'm glad that your mom has decided to move back with you and sis. At least she will have some since of security. Glad you are taking time off tomorrow as well.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Im still making great progress on my quilt but I havent done any sewing for a couple of days now but Im definitely gonna work on it tonight. I usually work on it from 6:00/6:30 pm until 8:30 pm when I then go on my evening walk.

Im looking forward to going on my evening walk tonight. I didnt get my morning walk in today but I will be sure to go for my morning walk tomorrow morning and go for my evening walk tomorrow night.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #7  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Had my epidural injection in my low back today. I'm sore and it hurts to walk. The pain may get worse once the lidocain wears off, and worse tomorrow. Hopefully by Friday, the steroid will kick in.

Had a great time at the ocean yesterday. Very relaxing. I walked a little on the beach and around one of the quaint seaside towns. But that was it for exercising yesterday. Not supposed to do much today, so I'm going to go lie down. I might get back to the beach with Santa tomorrow or Saturday.

Hope you all are doing well.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #8  

Hi everyone. Not much going on today.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #9  

Not much here Ceejay either

I'm getting ready to go home to start packing for my Adelaide trip. I wasn't going to take a suitcase, but there will probably be too much stuff for my backpack. So a suitcase it will be.

I went to print out my boarding passes today, but Qantas have changed their website and I can no longer check-in. Good question for tomorrow. They are going to love me (NOT) whinging about the website at around 5.00am tomorrow.
So I should have plenty of time to catch up on your doings tomorrow. I'll be back then.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Shad: Thanks for getting the new thread going. Your trip to Adelaide is fast approaching. I would love to see pictures of South Island.

Ceejay: I am glad to hear that things are going ok and are well in your little corner of the world without your friend/boss there at work with you.

Laura: I hope the trip home was easy and non-eventful and that your day at home tomorrow is restful and allows you to ease back into things.

Terra: Sounds like you are making good progress on the t-shirt quilt. I saw you posted that you had gone to a interview. I hope it went well. What sort of job were you interviewing for?

Hi to the rest of the Worldlies!

My aspirations for July is to really work on my work/life balance so I can start giving more time taking care of me and really getting back to working my processes to get this weight off and see the scales going down.

I am feeling a bt under the weather. My throat is sort of sore and I have no energy. I'm heading to bed early tonight hoping that getting some extra sleep will be helpful.

I'll see you all tomrrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Ladies..

My goal for this month is to try and be happy. This up and down roller coaster of emotions is just nuts. I know think of all the things I am grateful for in my life. It is just hard when I am home alone a lot with crazy thoughts going on in my head.

LAURA...so sorry for your loss of your brother. That is so sad. Big hugs and love coming your way.

CHELLE...how you feeling? Has the pain ease any? I, too saw Maleficent over the weekend by myself. It was really really good. I am not a Angela fan (boycott since Mr. and Mrs. Smith), team Jen here, but she did this movie very well, great story and acting.

SHADDIE...thank you for starting the new thread. I am going to say the C word in honor of our MELLIE...tomorrow starts Christmas movies for a week on the Hallmark channel. Christmas in July...Enjoy your time off.

CEEG...Glad you get the 4th and 5th off, but don't plan on much sleep and rest as all the fire boomers will most likely be going off. My neighborhood started last week and going strong. I think there should be a law that you can only let off fireworks on certain days.

HAPPY...Glad you are keeping up with yoga. I wish I had the gumption to go to yoga. I just feel so guilty spending any money on anything these days. That is not the excuse for not doing yoga tho...hehe

SUSIE...good for you taking better care of yourself and putting you in the forefront. Hope you are feeling better and your throat stops hurting. Gargle with salt water.

TERRA...keep on trucking, the walking will certainly pay off.

Let's see...had to travel to northern Indiana to the grave site my momma and daddy are buried. My Uncle Bob passed away, he was 94. He was the uncle that my dad grew up with and they were best friends. He was 7 years older than my dad. Needless to say this did not add any happy to my week. I did get to see some cousins from way back and meet some that I had never met before. Mostly kids from the older cousins.

Yesterday Curtis and I took lunch up to his parent's house where his brother met up with us. Between the two of them they cut down 13 dead trees on their back lot. Pretty tall ones too! Thank God they did not have to cut them up as someone else wants the wood and he can do that.

Still looking for a job. I guess I am just too old, fat and frumpy. Funny how they can see that on-line. lol. I apply for about 3-5 positions a week. All I get is reject emails saying the position is already filled. Bleh.

Supposed to go over to Sam's in-laws tomorrow for a cookout. They have a built in pool, but I am not comfortable in a bathing suit in front of people. So I am not sure if I will go or not. C has to work so it would just be me. Other than that not much going on.

Have a great holiday weekend, SHAD have a great weekend and time off.

Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #12  

Morning all. Back at work today. Glad it’s Thursday and it’s just the one day this week for me, and the office closes early today. I’ll take an early (3-ish) train home. I have an eye doctor appointment today at 5 pm. Kind of wishing I’d rescheduled it for another day, but I’m on my last boxes of contact lenses, so I want to get in there and get it over with so I can get prescriptions for my contact lenses and glasses. This year I will get new glasses. I’m not liking my current frames anymore and I don’t think the prescription was quite right anyway. I’m sure they’ll try to tell me that it’s because I need reading glasses now…I don’t know about that – I do fine when I read with my contact lenses.

Annie – Great goal for the month, I’ll be doing that too. Thanks for the hugs. My condolences to you for the passing of your Uncle Bob. Keep plugging away on the job search – something will come up that’s right for you that’ll work out. I hope you go to the cookout tomorrow. Think of how fun it’ll be getting in the pool with the kids!! To heck with caring what other people think of you in your swimsuit!! Or just wear a t-shirt and shorts over your swimsuit if you’re self-conscious.

Susie – Yes, my trip home was generally uneventful. It’s good to be back home. Today I’m working on Mt. E-mail. I hope you feel better today!!!

Shad – For some reason I thought DS1 lived in Melbourne...

Ceejay – Hope it’s still quiet at work for you. Bummer about working the 4th & 5th, but the OT $$ will be nice. Yeh, we’ve been wanting my mom to move back here for a while, and now that my brother’s gone, there’s no other family out there. We’ll be glad when she’s back here. She has a lovely home and the Ozarks is a pretty area, but it sure is hard to travel to/from there to compared with large metropolitan areas.

Michelle – How are you feeling today? I hope the pain from the injection eases up and brings you relief from your back pain. Good you have the time off right now to take it easy. Glad you enjoyed the beach!

Terra – How did the job interview go? How far along are you with sewing the quilt? Re sewing - I put on a pair of slacks this morning that when they came out of the laundry the other day I’d noticed the hem on one of the pant legs had completely come down. I actually re-hemmed the pant leg on the train today, LOL. And I did a pretty good job of it, if I do say so myself.

Happy – Are you busy with shifts at the shop? Sorry the root canal is giving you problems.

==
Nothing much to report. I took a vacation day yesterday and didn’t do much of anything except get a mani & pedi later in the afternoon. Oh, in the morning I also cut all the peony foliage down to the ground in the one overly-crowded flower bed out back. It wasn’t until after I did that that I wished I’d weeded the front landscape beds instead. They are sooooo weedy. We didn’t buy any mulch last year and are now paying the price with weeds - what a mess.

It rained in the afternoon into the evening, so the soil will definitely be moist enough to make pulling weeds easier this weekend. And when that’s done, I have to trim the shrubs. And when that’s done, we can make 2 or 3 trips to the garden center for umpteen bags of mulch. I sure hope there’s a good sale on it – I really hate paying good money for something that’s just going to be blown away in the wind and/or washed away by the rain. Do not suggest rocks instead – I hate those even more!!

According to my scale at home, I gained a pound since last week. We’ll see what the WW scale shows today.

Everyone have a safe and happy 4th of July, holiday or not!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #13  

Happy 4th July to you all.

Just sitting here in the airport thinking of the million things I must do before I go home at the end of July. The list is getting longer and longer. Damn

No personals at the moment. Can't think straight and it's not long before the flight is called anyway. Got to visit the little room as well so I'll take myself off and get emotionally prepared for a tension filled weekend with the mother from hades.

Last edited by Shad; 07-03-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #14  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

hi ladies,

Sorry this got a few days into the month before posting. Busy Lizzie here.

Thank you Shad for setting up the new thread. Love the title. My hope for this month is to keep off the weight I lost, lose a bit more and get everything in order before I head off to Chicago next month.

Shad - thanks for the holiday wishes. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow but my partner and I agreed if it is slow, we are closing early. I hope you have a good trip AND you don't let baby girl's momma fill you full of her drama. Just focus on S and the son and give her the stink eye when no one is looking. Teach S to say "momma is a drama queen" I hope you have an enjoyable time, really I do. Please take lots of pictures of the South Island. How I wish we could be there with you. Jealous... but happy for your trip.

Laura - welcome back home. How will Mom take the culture change from the laid back Ozarks back to the Midwest? Will she be able to tolerate the winters? The weather just absolutely does a number on my Mom's arthritis and knees. I agree with you about landscape rocks - if you have trees, leaves, needles and those oak tree helicopter trees, rocks are horrible to try and keep neat. How about a nice moat with fish instead Seriously, I remember the trials of landscaping in that area. What about low growing groundcover?

Annie - I am sorry for your uncle's passing but if he lived in relative good health to age 94 - is that not something to celebrate a wonderful person's life and all he no doubt touched in many happy ways? Also sad to hear about the job hunt - I think many positions advertised they already have candidates in mind for - at least it was that way at my former employer. I wish I had something of value to offer you. I agree being home with thoughts all day is NOT good. Can you volunteer for something - one day a week? Will make you feel good, get your mind off of being home all day (which to me is deadly) and sometimes you can connect with people or things that might lead to something else. One of our volunteers is going through the exact same thing you are up here. We are all trying to find her a job - I'd add you too but the commute would be a bear across 3 state lines Go to the party, wear cut offs and (not a white) t-shirt and sit on the edge of the pool and cool off your legs. Don't forget to shave before you leave Don't worry about your body - I'd sit next to you to make you feel better but I already have plans. Together we would look like a lower case b standing close together.

Terra - good luck on the interviews!

Michelle - lovely pictures of the beach. Hope you had a good time and that you are feeling a bit better from the back epidural. Soak in the sun and sand for me please.

Hi Ceejay - yay for a quiet day, eh? You working the weekend?

Susie - hope you sleep off the throat schumtz and get some rest. I think your goal for the month is well needed. Just keep remembering it!

Had the monthly thrift shop meeting yesterday. I am so used to organized meetings from work it is hard to listen to everyone yakking over each other. No Robert's rules of order for these ladies. The chair person was tired and not up to banging the gavel. I was glad it was only over an hour. Not sure we accomplished much. Today I had a mish mosh of things to get done and got interrupted by phone calls. I have to put together the Facebook page for the thrift shop. Also have to work my shift tomorrow - wish I was off instead. No holidays for us unpaid people. I think we are supposed to be doing something on Saturday but I forgot at the moment. Don't think we will be going to any fireworks - the Mongolian Hoardes are in town for the holiday and traffic is heavy, people are rude and discourteous and we are all hunkering down. That's about it for now. DH just walked in from a photography walk about - I'd better get the pasta salad made for our bratwurst dinner tonight.

More later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #15  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Susie ~ Yeah I am making good progress on the t-shirt quilt, No the interview didnt go good, I didnt get the job, It was for a bus monitor, The interviewer said I had to be able to drag 460 pounds and I said I couldnt do it so thats when the interview ended

Annie ~ I will definitely keep trucking

Laura ~ Im not that far on the quilt yet, Im still sewing it together, Thats great that you did a good job on your pants even while you were on the train.

Happy ~ Thanks for wishing me luck on the interviews

I went on my morning walk today and Im gonna go on my evening walk here in a few mins.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote