Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 02:57 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Smile Steel Magnolias #3

Good morning folks. It is a 46 degree morning here with a promise of sunshine. Got a wonderful surprise this morning in the mail ~ jar of Tennessee Molasses ~ the best ever that we have had. They had a good year for sure.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a nice smile to face the day.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:03 AM   #2  

Talking

Good Evening, Flowers!
I will chat with you while my bed preheats. My evening is running late; DH got home late, supper was late, nap was late, etc., etc. It is "warming" up here if you can call 23 degrees "warm." It's much better than 0, that's for sure!

I showed a maintain at weigh in tonight. I wasn't sure but was hoping for a little loss. Guess after last week the old body wasn't going to give up any more this week.

Maggie -- The school building was toasty warm on Monday morning. The only problem is that the windows are the "old" long and wide kind and the air leaks are terrible. The heaters are "old" and heat comes out the top while cold air comes in through the bottom vents. I always dress in layers so I am prepared -- I've been known to wear my coat at times! The principal always gives me "the look" but I'm warm and that's what counts!

Gloria -- DH did have the football game on and commented on the snow. It would be a cold day in you know where before I would pay for a seat and sit through a game in the snow and cold. In fact, I wouldn't pay to see a game period . . . or go to a free one for that matter. Can you tell I'm not a football fan? I thought your neighborhood just had a progressive dinner. Time really does fly by fast! Enjoy all of your social activities! I'll bet you enjoyed the stories your weekend guests had to tell. They would be so interesting, I think. I am glad the Iowa caucuses are OVER and DONE with! I am so sick of politics and politicians; "he said," "he didn't say," "he promised," "he didn't promise," "he will," "he won't!" GRRRRR! I really don't understand why they make such a big deal about Iowa since our electoral votes count for zippo in the end. I hate it when the candidates bad mouth the others rather than telling us what they plan to do on their own platform.

"Gma" -- You are one determined exercise gal! Go for it! I think I would be dragging after 40 minutes on the dreadmill! I can walk outside for that long but for some reason I don't last as long on the dreadmill.

I need to put a load of towels in the dryer that I forgot about. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:55 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking

It has been a fun day today. We had some company all morning that left at noon and we had a wonderful chat. They are a young couple that drive truck during the warmer months and then take off January till around Easter sometime. They spend their down time between their families. We let them park their trailer here where it is way off the road and will be safe. I call them young because they are in their 40's. I have a crock pot cooking a delicious pork dinner and I will make baked potatoes to go with it. It is a pork recipe that has a mixture of french dressing and whole berry cran sauce on top. I didn't have any french dressing so found a recipe on the web and made my own ~ just enough for the recipe.

JEAN a maintain is ok even if you thought you should show a loss....it will come off. I have no clue what the scale will show for me tomorrow. I feel it should show a loss but since I had a large loss last week it is doubtful.

Have a lovely evening Flowers.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-21-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:45 PM   #4  

Good Evening, Flowers!
Our temperature has dropped 15 degress since I've been home from school. I wish the weather would calm down as I am tired of the cold and wind!

Today was the day from he** at school. We have a student in out-of-school suspension, one in in-school suspension, one who hasn't shown up yet for 2nd semester which started 3 weeks ago, one who is skipping, one who threatened a teacher that I work closely with, and the rest don't listen, don't follow directions, don't care, and were just plain obnoxious today! I told DH is was his night to cook so we ate out; went to a Chinese restaurant and enjoyed every bite! Then we had to go buy cat food for the outside orphans and dog biscuits for the neighbor's dog who follows our car home each time he sees us go by his corner. I cranked the furnace up when we got home so it is toasty warm. Our heat bill will be sky high this month I'm afraid.

Maggie -- I hope you showed at least a little loss today at your weigh in. That always helps to keep me going for the next week. Glad you had a nice visit with your friends this morning! I think I can smell you dinner clear out here. Hmm, hmm, good!

I have a load of towels to fold so better keep moving. Have a terrific Thursday . . . this week is flying by!

Jean -- from COLD Iowa!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:29 AM   #5  

Morning ladies! I know that Jean is probably freezing again today. It is pretty chilly this morning, but should be in upper 40's by this afternoon. I am so glad I don't have to go out and walk in it anymore. Lord, Lord, I have an admirer at the gym at my age! Two days ago, this guy, who looks like he is pretty fit and works out a lot and I would say is at least 60-65 got on the treadmill beside me. In the middle of the routine, I accidently pulled out my earphones which dumped my cd player so I had to stop as it was going backwards down the treadmill! Anyway, I guess that gave him the opening he needed because he asked me if I was ok, then started talking to me (I DO NOT TALK WHEN I EXERCISE BECAUSE I AM CONCENTRATING SO HARD ON WHAT I AM DOING) I had to be nice but tried to keep conversation to a minimum. Got finished, he quit at the same time and wanted to continue to talk to me. I kind of told him to have a good workout and took off even though for some reason I get a little vertigo when I stop walking for about 30 seconds and had to pray I didn't fall on my face and give him another reason to come to my rescue. Then yesterday after Jack got off the treadmill beside me this guy comes up behind me and hops on the one Jack had been on. Now I would say it was coincidence except he came from the back of the room and there were 3 empty treadmills he passed by first before he got to me! Starts all over again. I guess he ignores my wedding ring, doesn't figure out I am married to the guy that is next to me or doesn't care. He wears workout gloves like weight lifting kind I guess so I don't know if he is wearing a ring or not. I told Jack about it, who finds it amusing of course. I cannot believe fat ole me is getting hit on by some old guy!
I must have mucho charisma cause he has seen me from behind!

I am down 3 lbs from Monday. Whoopeee! I am staying OP, water and getting 40 minutes in everyday on the treadmill. I really like it except for the dizzy part. These are expensive machines that keep your heart rate and I always keep it in the target zone so don't know what causes the vertigo, maybe my ears?

Jean: Here's hoping spring hits soon! Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. ooooh, Chinese food my favorite and the stuff which will ruin my diet for sure! Oh, btw, those lbs will come off just hang in there.

Maggie: I am definitely NOT a molasses fan. Do you cook with it or eat it straight?

Well, I better go. Have to go to the bathroom (again)

Faye
Old 01-22-2004, 05:20 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking

Good afternoon ladies. Just got back from WW and doing a bit of shopping. The Iron Monster was kind to me today and said I have lost another 3.1 toward my goal. I had set my 10 pound loss goal on Jan 8 to lose it by March 18 and am already 7.8 pounds gone and have 2.2 to lose to reach that one. When I do I will set another 10 pound loss for 10 weeks.

FAYE that is nice that man likes you for it is good to have frineds to exercise with. All my life older men have liked me. They stop and talk to me when I am sitting in the car waiting for cowboy when I don't want to go in WalMart etc. He has come back to the car many a time to find a gentleman just yaking away with me. Molasses is great in BBQ sauce and cookies just to mention a couple of uses. Cowboy loves it just squirted out on freshly baked biscuits.

JEAN I can imagine that when Spring comes around you just won't know how to act. BURRRRR you are in the deep freeze.

Have a nice evening folks....... I am fixin to start my exercise program soon.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:08 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's been another cold day although not as cold as yesterday and NO wind for a change. Today was a better day at school so guess I will go back again tomorrow.

"Gma" -- I had to at your story about the man at the gym. It's nice to know that he finds you attractive -- even from the rear! You are doing great with the exercise and weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Maggie -- Congrats on the great loss! You and Faye must be on the same wave length!

DH just walked in so guess it's time to warm up leftovers for supper. Yucko! Have a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:54 PM   #8  

Talking

Just stopping by to say, "have a GREAT weekend!"

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-24-2004, 02:32 AM   #9  
Thin Within

Smile

We had 4 guests in tonight and I didn't have anything to eat or drink except my bottle of water and didn't feel a bit deprived. I love it when a plan comes together.

I second the motion JEAN everyone have a wonderful weekend.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:26 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Arrow Good Morning

It isn't raining after all which is just fine with me for we are preparing a spot in the yard to make a neat flower bed backed by a couple lengths of split rail fence. Gonna look good come Spring.

In the crock-pot for lunch around 1 o'clock is a neat Chili Rellano recipe. If any of you use a slow cooker and want this recipe let me know and I will post it or e-mail it your way. It is one of those that takes 2 hours on high or 4 on low.

Hope everyone is having a nice day.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:08 PM   #11  

Happy Saturday, Flowers!
It's a cloudy day here today and the forecast is for freezing rain and snow during the night and continuing into Sunday afternoon. We are planning to head out for the kids after church. DH is helping #1 son put a dishwasher in while Amanda and I go to a Pampered Chef party at Beth's house. Jason said Ian will be going to the party . . . guess he doesn't want an extra pair of little hands to help with their project!

Maggie -- I often drink water when others are around. I keep a pitcher in the fridge so I don't need to bother with ice. It sounds like your FOCUS is back! Good for you! Your recipe sounds good and I would like to see it. Do you use a crock pot also or does it have to be in a slow cooker? I have both so guess it wouldn't make any difference. I'd have to bring the slow cooker up from the basement and give it a bath before using it.

I need to go get an anniversary card; our WM leaves alot to be desired in the card section so I will go to the Hallmark shop. The old WM had lots more cards than the new one and now the racks are such that kids can easily pick cards out. You can guess the rest!

Hope your day is going well.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-24-2004, 03:21 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking

JEAN I use a Crock-Pot and have two which are different sizes. Here is the recipe......

CHILI RELLENOS in a CROCK-POT
Serves 4
10 POINTS per serving if using sausage ~ adjust the points with shreded meat
5 POINTS without any meat

8 ounces green chili peppers, 2 - 4 oz. cans cut into strips
8 ounces sausage, fried, drained and patted dry
4 ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
4 ounces reduced fat Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese, grated
15 ounce can stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 cups Egg Beaters - 99% egg substitute, or 4 eggs
2 Tablespoons flour
3/4 cup 1% low fat milk

Reserve 1 ounce of each of the cheeses
Spray the Crock-pot with vegetable spray
Layer the chilies and cheese
Top with the tomatoes then the sausage

Combine the eggs, milk and flour and pour slowly into cooker
Cook for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high
Put the reserved cheeese on top during the last 10 minutes of cooking

If there is a lot of moisture in your cooker at the end of the time continue to cook with the top off for 10 minutes.

(I buy the bags of mixed cheese already grated for this ~ makes it easier.)

Bon Appetite
Old 01-24-2004, 08:02 PM   #13  

One question . . . are green chili peppers the same thing as jalapeno peppers? If they are, DH will love it and it will be too spicey for me. It sounds easy to make. Thanks for the recipe!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:50 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking

JEAN No green chiles are not the same as jalapino pappers. I get Ortega original fire roasted chiles - Whole green chiles. They come in 4 ounce sized cans. You can also buy jalapeno peppers in the same sized can so be sure and read the can when buying.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:11 AM   #15  
Thin Within

Red face Good Night

Just a quick check in before I go nighty night. Hope everyone had a wonderful day today. We went to lunch at a diffrent place today and it was terrific. I had a wonderful smoked turkey panini and stayed within my points this day. I am so happy to be on a roll once again.

BTW I think I am poster #14 so next person please start a new thread.

Sleep well my friends and wake in the morn with a smile on your face.
Closed Thread