Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 10:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default 1/24 & 1/25

so, i hope we start a weekly thread, but for right now, i'll just start the weekend thread. ;P

so, i did it. i put my two weeks notice in to blockbuster.

is it weird that i'm considering taking it back? i don't know, i just feel attachments to things like this and i don't ever want to let them go. maybe that's why i'll be receiving 4 W2's this year? ;P but i need let them go.

for god's sake, i worked 12 hours yesterday, and now i'm up and about to work 8 more. i need the 2 days off a week for my sanity.

oh the things i'll do! i'll scrapbook, for one. hey, maybe the house can be kept clean, too. and i'll be able to be much more regular and consistant about my workouts! wooooo.

expect me to start losing. no more standstills like this month.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:27 PM   #2  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

4 W2's....yikes. I think the two days off will give you not only some time for yourself, but also your sanity!!! Scapbooking...don't bet on it....LOL. I am home full time, and I still can't find the time to scrapbook, and man do I have a lot of picts to catch up on. Let's just day, that I am still scrapping my oldest son's first birthday party...and tomorrow we are having his third party. I guess I am way behind!!!!

It is funny that you bring up attachments to certain things and that you have trouble letting go. I feel a lot like that towards my weight. It is weird...but true. For some reason, I am having a hard time letting it go....like my old ways including eating habits and lack o excercise. Oddly enough, I have a problem with letting go of grudges, papers, magazines, momentos....hhhhhmmmmmmm....do we see a parttern?????

Today is very cold here....with the wind chill we are below zero again. My poor baby just got diagnosed with RSV, a respitory virus. He had two breathing treatments at the doctors today, and the Doctor said that he is not out of the woods yet, and if he does not improve/or get worse, then he will have to be addmitted to the hospital. Ohhhhhhh, my little man.

SO, hopefully we will make it through the night with out any issues!!!!!!

Last night I went out with the girls, and I satyed OP...well, except for having a flor tortilla.....oooooops. But, hey, I did not snack on chips and dips, or pizza and Boston Cream Pie (one of my Favs), so I am markng this down as a NSV....yahoooooooo. Monday is my official weigh in, so I am nervous.....but need to take my advice that I am constatly giving to others about the scale....they lie.....LOL

Well...hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:12 PM   #3  
missaprylj

Gina.... that is definetly a victory! That is awesome... going out with friends is probably my biggest weakness, so that really makes me proud. Yahooo!

Old 01-24-2004, 06:14 PM   #4  

Gina,

Yes, that was definitely an NSV. Social situations are definitely the hardest and you handled it VERY well!! Good for you!

Hang in there, RSV can take a while to get through. A few years ago my son was in the hospital for 5 days with RSV and he was only 2 months old. Thankfully he made it through just fine with no long term effects. I know your little guy will be just fine too. One thing that my doctor did do was to get him his Chicken Pox vaccine just as soon as he was old enough. He said that Chicken Pox can turn into pneumonia on rare occasions, and once they've had RSV they're more susceptible to pneumonia. Just something to keep in mind when he gets to feeling better.

Be sure to keep us posted.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #5  

Monkeybabies i can sympothise with the sick kiddo right now. My 6 year old was up thursday night throwing up and ran a fever all day friday and now the 4 year old has it. I was up all night thursday and will probably be up alot tonight. But i stayed on program with my eating today and yesterday so that is a little NSV of having stress and not eating! Hope your little one gets better quick!
Old 01-24-2004, 11:09 PM   #6  

Sometimes it IS hard to let go, but you've done the right thing. Everybody needs a bit of down time and I bet once you have it for a few weeks, you'll be so happy you made this decision!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 03:29 AM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Holly: You deserve a break!

Gina & Julie: Hope your boys feel better soon! *hugs*

Everyone else:

I'm so bushed, but just wanted to check in. I'll be a more prolific writer tomorrow, I promise.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:19 AM   #8  

Sorry to hear about the sick kids - mine have been feeling a little under the weather too! Gina, hope that little man is feeling better soon! It is hard when the kids are sick because you are up days/nights/weeks at a time too. I don't know about you but sometimes I can't differentiate between needing food for nourishment or for energy! Good for you for doing your best.

It is -37 here and man, it is cooooold outside!!! I am cuddling under my blankets, starting a fire in the fireplace and making soup! Hope everyone is doing well.

Jenaya
297/277/1??
Old 01-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Holly -

One year many years back, between hubby and I, we had seven W-2's. Six of them were mine!
Closed Thread