Old 07-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

Default How did this happen?!?

Sorry to be such a downer but I need the most support I have ever needed....I can't stand myself right now! I can not even believe I am back up to 185 lbs?!? How did this happen? I KNOW I need to restart and I am going to....just ordered more food today but, with that being said....I have restarted before on my way back up and was NEVER successful. I was so incredibly strong last year and my strength is GONE. PLEASE HELP ME FIND IT AGAIN....I BEG YOU!
Erica6700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #2  

My clothes are cutting off my circulation! My waist is the same measurement it was when I started at 195 lbs....I could sob....this is awful.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #3  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

You have taken the first step. You did it before and you can totally do it again. One meal at a time. Start chopping those veggies now!

It only took you 14 weeks to hit goal last time. I sometimes think that in that short a time you haven't always had the chance to really make some of the longer term changes that others do who take longer to lose. We have that many more opportunities to practice restraint during special occasions, more time to alter our taste buds and start to get into a pattern.

Full speed ahead. Don't dwell on the past. When you get some confidence back you can reflect back on what you might do differently this time but don't worry about that now.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #4  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well this is a great place to come for support so welcome back -- lots of us "re-starters" here so you're in good company of people who understand your frustrations. ChipnDip gave you good advice: One meal at a time and full speed ahead. You know this works and you know you can do it. Start with that. As you'll see in lots of posts, we're all working on the "mental game" more this time and Lisa has a great book lots of people are reading "The Beck Diet Solution" (I think)... Keep an eye out for her daily tidbits from that book.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #5  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hi Erica,
Speaking as someone who has been in your shoes, struggling to get back the momentum, willpower, determination, etc I get what you are saying. It took me many attempts to get back in the groove, but I'm here, solid into 100% mode for over a month now. You can do it too.

I think what worked for me this last time starting over, was the information that I would be traveling for work on some long flights, (several months from now) and how miserable I am flying so heavy. I was getting up into my starting clothing from 2012. I took a mental inventory of how things were at goal, and how they are with the weight back where it is. I should write down that list. I am big on planning mini goals. Just hitting 10 lbs lost was a celebration, then 25, now 30 (ROCK ON!). I don't even need a trinket or a new pair of shoes - just knowing "I've done it!" or telling hubby of my success - it's a win for me. I don't know if mini goals help you but you might give that a try.

Don't beat yourself up. You are where you are regardless of the reasons. For me I realized that "tomorrow" to do something never got here. I would diet again, tomorrow.... When I restarted IP this time it was a wake up and just do it sort of deal. No last night of indulgences - heck I had a whole year of those. I just decided that "now" was the time. I jumped back in on Phase 2, as I had that food already here in the house.

Take care of yourself. You are here amongst friends.
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #6  

Thank you all so much! I need to take it day by day, your right....my strength...that strength I remember was what I had a couple weeks in. I will get there again! I'm so sick of being disgusted!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #7  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

You should be proud that you realized you need to get back on tract. I know how hard it is to restart I tried many Monday's but, I did it when I was fed up with how awful I felt. You can do this. I agree one meal and one day at a time and soon it will just be routine. You know it's possible because you've done it successfully before.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #8  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Erica6700 - to you! You'll get your mojo back, give it time. Hooray for you for re-starting. It's not easy but you know what to do and how to be successful. Remember, it's not how many times you fall - it's how many times that you get back up that make you a winner.

We're here for you and you can do this!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #9  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Erica -- Hooray for you for already setting the wheels in motion. You've ordered the food and you've come back to this forum. You're on your way. Just don't get in your own way with the negative self-talk. Don't put energy into beating yourself up. Try to make a mental effort to put that energy into re-motivating yourself and soothing yourself. One step at a time -- and from where I sit, you've already taken 2 huge steps -- and you will be to your goal in no time.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #10  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there. I'm a re-starter too. Gained it all back except 10 lbs. Still need to lose 19 more lbs. to get back to where I left off the last time. I'm not going to lie, it sucks. However, I'm approaching this from a different perspective this time. I know now that every day (regardless if I'm losing weight or trying to maintain) that I have to be vigilant. I lost the weight and then went back to eating the same way before I went on IP. It seems so obvious that you can't do that but yet I did. So, keep your head up, know that you made an even tougher decision than the first time to start because it's the second time and that this is it. You will be successful.
SophieLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

YOu are not alone. I know the frustration, I lost 40 lbs in 2011 on IP and gained it back and I am flabbier than I was before at this weight. grrrrrrrrr.

You are never alone, this food addiction is a real challenge, since we have to eat to survive. Other addictions you don't need to survive, like you don't need a small amount of heroin or beer to live, but you do need food. So, the ONE Day at a time is the only way I can handle the mountain & I have refused to give up, even with a pain in the neck (no pun) thyroid. Stay on these boards, I don't post often, but read a lot
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Restart: 154/145/130

I feel your pain as I am a restarter too! My "skinny" clothes are all tight and I can't stand it! I have tried MANY times to restart but I never stick to it. For me, it is all about staying accountable. If I try to do it on my own, I'm not accountable. So this time I am going back to the clinic. Honestly, the only thing that keeps me on plan is knowing I have to go there in a week and step on that scale in front of someone else. It turns into a challenge for me to prove to my coach that I am successful. Otherwise, when I just weigh myself, I think "eh, ill do better tomorrow". So, I know I will be successful again this time around by making myself accountable and having my scheduled weigh in with my coach. I hope one day I can do it on my own, I will definitely need to learn how to be better on maintenance.
TBCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #13  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Erica...you could be anyone of us. So glad you didnt give up. You will do it I can feel it in your cry for help. One day at a time will turn into weeks and months of success.
jo4applerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm right there with you. I thought I had only gained about 5 pounds, but when a pair of capris wouldn't fit, I got on the scale & saw 10-15 had creeped back on b/c of my neglect of following the P4 directions. I have a wine problem & was only drinking wine on the weekends since December, but then it went to every evening. So, I purchased some packs from Nashua Nutrition...wasn't seeing anything melt away, but suddenly 3.3 pounds has melted. I even made my teen a birthday cake yesterday - I had a shake for my "cake". I knew the hard part wasn't losing it in the first place for me, the hard part for me is maintaining. I also quit visiting this forum...I need the support from others to help keep me on track. Erica, you can do it!!
kkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

I could have written your post! We have very close stats! It took me about 3 years to gain mine back, but I am almost back to where I started My body looks somewhat better than it did when I was previously at this weight, so I think that is why I have somehow justified my weight gain....

I have "re-started" many many many times before but not seriously like I am now. I needed to go back 100% IP. I tried alternatives and while I like them and loved saving money, I was having little cheats so often, the weight wasn't coming off as fast as 100% IP, so I decided, if I want to really do this, I have to mentally be accountable. It has been working, I am very focused.

You can do this!!!! You are not alone!!
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote