~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

WOOT Time flies then its time for new volume lol
Old 05-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, 100%ers!

I am in need of some refocusing and recommitment and I could use some inspiration from you!

Life has been really stressful for a while due to some self-imposed stress, but I have abused food to cope. Not so good.

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, 100%ers!

I am in need of some refocusing and recommitment and I could use some inspiration from you!

Life has been really stressful for a while due to some self-imposed stress, but I have abused food to cope. Not so good.

Thanks!
Nice to see you. No better group to regroup with!
Old 05-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Nice to see you. No better group to regroup with!
Thanks, Lisa!
Old 05-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

FutureFitCheck = You are right at the point that if you keep going, you will be able to walk into any clothing store and buy off the rack. That feeling is so wonderful and it lasts for a long time.

For me, not being in plus sizes, being in regular sizes, was something that I had not been able to do since I was married 25 years ago. I felt like a real person and knew that people were not staring, ignoring, or commenting on my size.

Hang in there so that you can experience that, too. It really gets addictive and it is much more fun to be addicted to new clothes (even if they are from a thrift store) than food!
Old 05-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #7  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
FutureFitCheck = You are right at the point that if you keep going, you will be able to walk into any clothing store and buy off the rack. That feeling is so wonderful and it lasts for a long time.

For me, not being in plus sizes, being in regular sizes, was something that I had not been able to do since I was married 25 years ago. I felt like a real person and knew that people were not staring, ignoring, or commenting on my size.

Hang in there so that you can experience that, too. It really gets addictive and it is much more fun to be addicted to new clothes (even if they are from a thrift store) than food!
Amen to that Schenectady! I just cannot get over the fun of being able to look at anything. I no longer feel like people are going to kick me out of the regular size departments; it's unreal. I was at a church yard sale last weekend and scored a pair of black leather knee high boots for $5! Like new. The lady working there said that several women had tried them on, but they found them a bit too slim to work. That was shocking information because, as some of you may know, I have been known to call my calves "ham hocks." I felt truly elated after that --

FutureFitChick -- Keep going! You are so close to that point! I liken this kind of weight loss to climbing a hill. Then you get to the top and, at some point, momentum takes over and it gets easier (at least for a bulk of it). Keep going!! We're here for you.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I was at a church yard sale last weekend and scored a pair of black leather knee high boots for $5! Like new. The lady working there said that several women had tried them on, but they found them a bit too slim to work. That was shocking information because, as some of you may know, I have been known to call my calves "ham hocks." I felt truly elated after that --
Sylviesgirl = new NSV, woot woot!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
WOOT Time flies then its time for new volume lol
You're right! And I still can't believe how great you are looking - you go girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, 100%ers!

Thanks!
Sorry to hear you've been stressed - self-imposed or not, it's hard to deal with.

I try to remind myself when I want to eat and know it's because of stress that that kind of eating hasn't really solved anything in the past and there's no reason to think it will in the present. Just makes me even more stressed.

So hang in there - staying OP through stress can help you feel better. You feel so empowered when you have your eating under control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

You got it! Going in and actually choosing styles you like instead of what will fit is so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Amen to that Schenectady! I just cannot get over the fun of being able to look at anything. I no longer feel like people are going to kick me out of the regular size departments; it's unreal. I was at a church yard sale last weekend and scored a pair of black leather knee high boots for $5! Like new. The lady working there said that several women had tried them on, but they found them a bit too slim to work. That was shocking information because, as some of you may know, I have been known to call my calves "ham hocks." I felt truly elated after that --

FutureFitChick -- Keep going! You are so close to that point! I liken this kind of weight loss to climbing a hill. Then you get to the top and, at some point, momentum takes over and it gets easier (at least for a bulk of it). Keep going!! We're here for you.
Great analogy! And hooray for boots!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #10  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Thank you so much Ruth Ann
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #11  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Happy weekend 100%'ers!! I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted you all to know that this is my favourite IP thread and I read it every day. I'm now less than 2lbs away from my goal weight but my coach and I have decided that another month is a good idea on phase 1 so I will start phasing off at the beginning of July. I've been lurking in the maintainers threads and my coach has provided me with the phase 2 and 3 info sheets so I can start thinking and planning for those phases.

Lisa - thanks for posting the list of books. I've written it down and next time I'm in the States, I will be ordering some of them from Amazon.

I also have only one more month of busy season at work and then I can start to incorporate more exercise into my routine. I've been one of those who hasn't done any exercise during phase 1 except the odd walk. Luckily it hasn't affected the weight loss but it's definitely affected my mood at times. Looking forward to getting back to the gym. Although I'm going to need some new gym gear - I tried on some workout pants yesterday and they were in danger of falling down. Not sure the other gym members will appreciate being flashed!!

All the best for a great 100% OP weekend!!
Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #12  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good to see you RosiePosie and glad things are going well! Congrats on being so close to goal!

My coach and I decided the same thing when I got close to goal and, lo and behold, I lost another 15 lbs by the time I hit maintenance. So I think it was a good decision.

I love getting more exercise in - I think it really helps with stress!

Good luck on getting through the rest of the busy season, bet you're looking forward to a little down time.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #13  

Schenectady, I am restarting. I had gotten down to 175 for a couple of days, but never finished the program and let the rest of life derail me. I am now reminded that my health and the rest of my life CANNOT be different things.

SylviesGirl, that is AWESOME about the boots. Way to go!!!

RuthAnn, you are SO on target about feeling empowered when I am on track. It really sent me in to a terrible tail spin to lose my progress and let the pounds creep back on.

RosiePosie101, congratulations on the 2 pounds away from goal! You are awesome!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

I've been doing very well on IP! Better than I thought I might. Part of that is because of my thyroid issues so I cannot say how happy I am that I'm losing. I went yesterday for some more blood work to check my levels. All I know is that I'm feeling rested and more energized than I have in a long time.

I feel like I have so much more determination this time than I did in the past. I'm mixing it up so much with different foods which is where I think I went wrong last time. I didn't have enough variety or enough bar/snack options. Though part of that is because gluten free alternative IP items were not all that easy to find. Long story short, I have a huge box of "protein chips" to grab from and 7 boxes of three different kind of bars if I want them. They are all restricted, so I'm trying to only have them when I really, really want them.

Yesterday I worked, got off early, did some blood work, went shopping, came home and relaxed a little... then cleaned most of the living room. I'm telling you, deep cleaning! My mother walked in and asked who had replaced her daughter, lol! So much energy, I love it. Unfortunately, TOM is here which means I'll be very crampy and soon wanting all the salty / sweet things. That's okay, I have dill pickles and a chocolate covered peanut crunch bar!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:53 PM   #15  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Cut and pasted from the old thread: Lisa's book list from her phone (so I can find it later!)... I'm still on the "spiral notebook in the purse"...sigh

Brain over binge
Beck diet solution
refuse to regain
state of thin
Accidentally overweight
never going back: Al Roker
Secrets of a Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney
The end of overeating