View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
NaughtyNibbler
First Class Muncher

S/C/G: 240/204/140

Height: 5'7"

For me, keeping busy with something and getting exercise will help me get out of the depression. I'm a big believer in, "acting as if, and the feelings will follow". I may not want to plant some flowers, go for a walk or organize something at home. I may have a hard time getting started, but if I do get started, I generally get a benefit.

I take a very low dose of Celexa for Seasonal Depression. I generally take a break from it during the Spring and early Summer.

I can relate to out of control eating. It can be a slippery slope, One day you are in control and on a good path, and then on a stressful day you indulge in the foods you want to stay away from. It is so easy to slide back into mindless eating. It can feel like someone threw a switch and the control you had the day before is gone.

For me, it becomes a challenge to re-establish the good habit again. What worked for me recently, was posting daily on a thread and getting support. After approx. a week, I got my control back and I was glad I made the effort.

Naughty
NaughtyNibbler is offline   Reply With Quote