Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #1  
bls

S/C/G: 153/148/Goal Weight: 140

Height: 5'7"

Angry I am on Ideal Protein- AHH NEED HELP!

Hey Everyone,

I am just new to this forum but looking forward to learning a lot about eating healthier and understanding how food affects us!

My recent background, I am 5'7" (27 year old female) started out weighing 153 and decided to go on Ideal Protein to basically detox a bit from carbs and sugar and drop 10 or so pounds (Goal is 140 lbs).

Well I last week I was at 144.4 lbs so a total of 8.6 pound loss. Making it through phase 1 and 2 successfully...BUT....

Of course I had 2 really bad eating days right at the end of phase 2...pizza, beer, wings all the horrible stuff. I stepped on the scale Sunday night following these bad days and I am up to 148 lbs. My calories for those two days were 2,972 on Saturday and about the same for Sunday.

Normally my range right now with this program is 800-950 calories per day...yes very low but that is what the program calls for.

I am wondering could those two days have really set me back that much or am I dehydrated from those 2 days and retaining all my water? I normally drink about 70-80 ounces of water a day...but those two days I hardly drank any water. I am trying to understand this.

Should I be upping my calorie intake, or keeping it at 800-950 for the sake of this program? I did Zumba last night for 60 minutes to try and work off some weight so then I had an extra protein after my workout.

Or....did I really gain 4 pounds from those two days? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
bls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

We all cheat) Without cheating impossible to keep the diet for the rest of your life;-) But i do not think those days could have sucha great effect on you! It's just your intestines is full of garbage you ate. It needs time to get rid of that;-) Beer also retain water! After beer party i always feel like a ballon full of water! Come back to your diet plan and do not worry! Of course such amount of calories may effect you, but not critically if you come back to the normall quantity of calories fast.
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #3  
bls

S/C/G: 153/148/Goal Weight: 140

Thank you for the reply, I am chugging the water today and have been back on track since those 2 bad days. I check My Fitness Pal and my sodium intake for last saturday was like 7,000 mg......yikes! I don't necessarily regret eating bad because it was good at the time (haha) and I do want to still have treats like this and some sugary treats as well but all in moderation.

I guess for future reference as well if I am drinking i'll stick to vodka waters, they make me less bloated and with the water for mix at least I am still staying hyrdated.

However it has almost been a week and my weight hasn't come down since those 2 bad days. I am hoping this 148 number will crack soon and I can be back down to where I was PRE-INDULGENCE.
bls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/190/184

Height: 6'

In the Ideal Protein sub forum you can find info on the different phases. In the explanation for phase 4 it notes that you can't lose 2 lbs in a day and neither can you gain 2 lbs in a day. Just keep working the plan and the plan will work for you. I've only been on since 6/10/14, haven't had a real cheat day yet, although its only a matter of time I suppose.
Tom in RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

You can find more info in the Daily Chat thread in the Ideal Protein subforum. The first post will have all sorts of informational links. One of my favorites is the one titled "The Real Cost of Cheating." One day of cheating on IP sets you back abut 3 days totl, because you have to get your body back into "fat burning mode."

Basically, by going off program, you kicked yourself out of ketosis. Low carb diets cause your bdy to deplete your glycogen stores. Once you start eating carbs again (by phasing off of the program, or by cheating) your body stores about 500 grams of glycogen in your muscles. Each gram of glycogen brings along a couple grams of water. Most people expect to gain 2 or 3 pounds during phase 3, once you add in carbs at breakfast. This small gain is normal and expected. It isn't fat gained, it is just normal recovery from your previous low carb eating. This is why most people stay on phase 2 until they are a few pounds PAST their goal weight. By the time that you rebound a few pounds, you'll enter maintenance at your goal.

If you go back on plan immediately, you should burn through those glycogen stores in a few days, and the extra water will go away, too. Stick to the plan, and you will get there eventually!
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #6  

Default Ip

Anyone know where I can get IP? I will be gone for three weeks. Without coaching, my clinic will not sell me packets I need. Are there any alternative products?
Docdeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdeaf View Post
Anyone know where I can get IP? I will be gone for three weeks. Without coaching, my clinic will not sell me packets I need. Are there any alternative products?
Did you check the IP forum? Lots of info on substitutes there.

Hard to believe your clinic wouldn't agree to skipping weigh ins while on vacation. Everyone goes on vacation, even them. I had a client on IP (I share space with a clinic and sometimes we share clients) stock up and take IP on her trip to Hawaii. There was no question that she'd take food with her and not be available for weigh ins. Your clinic director is nuts, IMO.
SlimmerBySummer is offline   Reply With Quote