Old 07-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #1  

Default Beginners Work Out Routine

Hi everyone,
I’m new to posting here, but have been reading the boards for a while. I’m looking for an exercise routine that is realistic, and will help me lose weight. I’m much better at the eating healthy part than the activity factor – but I realize I need to be doing both.

So for some background: I’m 25 years old and am fluctuating around 300 lbs. My body as a whole is a “problem area” – but I seem to hold weight most in my tummy and upper arms. I’d like something that works my whole body, but would like some extra work for these localized areas. I don’t have access to a gym membership at this point, and own no equipment at home. I have been walking between 2 to 3 miles a day (trying to make this a routine anyways!) – but I would like to find a routine I can do at home for the days that I’m unable to walk or to try and incorporate both.

I am willing to purchase a DVD and some small equipment, I just need some guidance as to what has worked for others or sounds appropriate for my circumstance. My concern is that so many workout routines are designed for “already in shape” people, whereas I’m obviously a beginner and need something a little easier.

Thanks for your help!
simplysmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #2  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I would get the Walk Away The Pounds DVD for Beginners, Its called Start! Walking At Home w/ Leslie Sansone, She works the whole body and its very easy to do, There is a 1 mile walk and there is a 2 mile walk OR You can get the Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk, It has 1,2,3,4,5 mile walks on it so that way you dont have to buy a dvd for each mile, The 1 mile and 2 mile walks are just like they are on the Start! Walking at home dvd. 1 Mile is for beginners and then you work up to 2,3,4 and 5. I hope I helped you with your decision.

Last edited by Terra1984; 07-19-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #3  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
I would get the Walk Away The Pounds DVD for Beginners, Its called Start! Walking At Home w/ Leslie Sansone, She works the whole body and its very easy to do, There is a 1 mile walk and there is a 2 mile walk OR You can get the Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk, It has 1,2,3,4,5 mile walks on it so that way you dont have to buy a dvd for each mile, The 1 mile and 2 mile walks are just like they are on the Start! Walking at home dvd. 1 Mile is for beginners and then you work up to 2,3,4 and 5. I hope I helped you with your decision.
I ran across this post and just purchased the Beginner video, will see how it words for me, since from your picture I am older (55) than you and not in the best shape so we shall see! Thanks for the advice!!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

If you're looking for something a bit different then maybe you'd like to add some step aerobics to your routine.

My weight loss center's physical therapist recommends Debra Mazda's "Let's Get Stepping." The gals in the video are plus-size which I find both refreshing and inspiring. The routine includes some light weights for the arms using the step as a "bench."

If you're trying to keep costs down, you might talk someone into making a step platform for you. Otherwise, there's a couple of good ones on Amazon. I bought the DVD from Amazon and it's also available on Debra Mazda's website.

Here's a preview www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8gPeDG6kk
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #5  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I hope you enjoy the dvd.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote