Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 06:25 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~June Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you when you turned 50? 60? 70? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 05-31-2014, 07:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

Its a nice day here. Dh is working outside and Ive been doing laundry. About ready to take a nap. Earlier today we went to a birthday party of a friend. Way too much food..but I think we both did pretty well and declined to bring any home.

June looks like a busy month. We are getting messages Monday, and we have several appts, and a gc graduating college.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM   #3  
Jacksonville, FL

My son and family leave for Vietnam tomorrow. He heads a Christian non-profit that has orphanages in Cambodia, Thailand and India. Their first son was born in Vietnam and adopted 15 years ago...they are going there for a few days before visiting the kids in the other countries....www.asiashope.org you can follow by reading the directors blog.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thank you Bobbi ~ for keeping us going for June
Old 05-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #5  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, Goldens!

June... time for an avatar change!

Hope all is well with everyone!! Had a nice rain today, and now it's gorgeous!! LOVE Spring!

Later, lovelies. Thanks, Bobbi!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

thank you Bobbi
Old 06-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!! Thanks for starting the new thread Bobbi! You are appreciated!

Tim's sister leave this afternoon to go back to Albuquerque. We have had such a good visit and Tim has enjoyed it. He decided that he would like for us to go to church this morning so we are headed out now and then will be going to Granny Shaffers for lunch with the family after! Beautiful morning!!

Everyone have a good day!! And take a moment to Count Your Blessings!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #8  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post

Everyone have a good day!! And take a moment to Count Your Blessings!

Since 3FC doesn't have a like button ~ I made my own

Last edited by glynne; 06-01-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

I just pushed Gayle's LIKE button
Old 06-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I LIKE Gayles LIKE button!!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #11  

Not much going on here this beautiful Sunday!! We went to church this morning, then came home for hamburgers. Then I got on the computer and dh is working on his project...he is making bird houses with the saw our son got him.

I'm still struggling getting back on track with my eating since our trip and gained a pound this week. Up and down I go, story of my weight life! Got used to restaurant food and seem to crave it now. We ordered pizza day before yesterday, ate most of it and then I ate the last two slices last night! Also the birthday party yesterday didn't help even though I didn't do too badly and I also didn't eat anything except one small caramel candy after dinner. Today I was doing well, but without even thinking I ate some grapes that were in a bowl on the counter. Gotta put those things in the fridge because I just love them!

Karen31 - Glad you had a nice family visit and that Tim felt like going to church! Sounds like a good day.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #12  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Just popping in to say hello.
I walked 5 miles this weekend.
I found a satisfying alternative to a coffee-creamy cold drink
I put 3 ice cubes, one tablespoon of instant espresso, one packet sweet n low, one cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk blend it in my ninja pro and voila! Rich cold and creamy at 30 calories!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #13  

Luncinda I make this same drink, only I use or a little chocolate syrup, just enough to sweeten slightly and often add fiber. The sugar doesn't bother me, just satisfies my cravings for sweet. sometimes I use chocolate stevia instead. Oh and I use much less coffee as I don't really like coffee much. Just like a little to make it taste different than regular chocolate milk. so when I use chocolate syrup, mine's a little more calories but it's still very low.

ETA I keep editing this lol. Another way I sometimes do this is to add a little bit of powdered cocoa and then add Stevia to make it slightly sweet. This is lower calorie. This is the only way I like almond milk really and I tweak several different ways, even adding spinach sometimes. Once it didn't get blended up well enough and that turned me off for a while on the spinach, but its fine when it's blended really well. Thank God for unsweetened vanilla almond milk!!

One can also use the no sugar added (it's got splenda in it though) syrups you can buy and they are in a whole lot of flavors. I've used chocolate, coconut, pb so far. I love that you can get the no sugar/zero calorie ones. I'm not crazy about most sweeteners including Splenda but I do occasionally use it. Mostly I use Stevia these days though.

Last edited by maryea; 06-01-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #14  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning girls

I too love the unsweetened almond milk, it's soooo much better than skim milk and only 30 calories per 8 ounce.

Since DH's doc told him to lay off the ice cream at night, I've been making him (& me) soft serve mock ice cream with the almond milk. If you put one cup of almond milk in your ice cube trays and freeze it, you get ice cream quality. Last night I put the frozen almond cubes into the blender with about 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and a tad bit of water for the blender to start spinning. Or you could use additional almond milk. I have fruit flavored stevia I put in, You get a huge bowl of pretend ice cream, doctor friendly & low calories.

I'm going to behave with my eating today, yesterday I skipped my afternoon snack and ate the blueberries out of a large piece of pie served at MIL's nursing home when I visited.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 06-02-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning GG's. What a weekend! Not a good one for sure. It started Thursday morning with stomach cramp and diarrhea all day. Friday again all day and night. Saturday all day and night. Sunday again. About 11:39 am I'd had enough. I took Imodium. What a relief. I felt good all afternoon. Ds called us to go eat barbecue. I ate. All good. Woke up this morning stomach ache again. I don't feel bad like a virus. Maybe something I ate. Who knows! Or could be rotavirus. 3 to 7 days. On another note I never gained anymore lbs. I've been packing the pounds on. My jeans are to the point that I'm bulging out of them. I've got to follow 1-1-1 more strict. I refuse to buy more jeans in the next size.

I have to get back to work. Y'all have a good day!!!

Hugs
Cajun
Closed Thread