Old 04-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #292 Bale of Turtles Putting Spring in our Steps

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Thanks Judy for setting our new thread! Just in time to "spring forward" and recomitt to this.

Morning turtles - hope everyone is well and will start posting again. It has been too quiet for too long.

All - I "turtled" last week at Tops which was first time in awhile the scale wasn't up. Hopefully that was a turning point for me since my weight is up lots. Only exercise I have been getting is bowling once a week, which is definitely not enough.

Lets all have a good week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #3  

Hi Bandit- your right I noticed the posts all but stopped after my last post. I was beginning to wonder if it was me

I would like to get my weight back down atleast about 10 pounds. I started meds that aided in my gaining weight back. I do think my body seems to be comfortable at 164 but I do think I would like a little wiggle room.

Judy- Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for setting up the new post
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Oh Cherry, It certainly wasn't you!
I think we all got very busy and I have a feeling we didnt' have much of anything too good to talk about.

I'm ready to recommit. I too ended up on meds that are known to put on pounds, but I am off them now and determined to break 190# I am way up, but didn't hit 200#, so I have every reason to do the right thing.

Let's all encourage each other.

Bandit, it's great that you leveled off. :
Cherry, even with the meds, you can do this! :
I'm determined to do well.

Judy
Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #5  

Hi turtles:

Rainey but warmer up here, not complaining since it was truly a long cold winter.
Had a great weigh in this week, down 2.75# so was absolutely thrilled with that. Tomorrow will do some pre-cooking for the upcoming week. That helps having some "go to healthy" things on hand.
Judy/Cherry - thanks for chiming in when you can & hope you are getting back on track.

All- hope you are all doing well & will post when you can.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #6  
Chick

Okay Bandit, what a great week you had. Weigh to go! : and and So happy for you.

Yes, I like it when I cook ahead and then have items that are easy to heat up and keep me on track. Right now I've got a veggie soup in the fridge that is a good standby in this in-between weather we've been having.

Ate out for dinner on Friday and a birthday celebration today for my son-in-law so i won't step on the scale until Monday morning when the salt, etc. has gone!!!! Wishing the best to all the turtles.

Judy
234.6/195/190 and thinner
Old 05-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #7  

Hi turtles:

Judy - I made your veggie pie yesterday (yum) so that will be nice to have on hand this week, plus cooked extra chicken breasts.

Nice weekend - got lots done around the house.

All - have a nice week!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I have to buy some BisQuick again since that veggie pie is great to have on hand for a quick lunch or a nice side with dinner. Getting the chicken breasts all cooked up will make your life easier this week. Weigh to go!

Have a great week, Turtles.
judy
Old 06-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #9  

Hi everyone - so quiet here, everyone must be busy losing weight & exercising??? Well, not me. Still struggling with both.
Was down 1/4# last week at Tops which was nice instead of seeing the scale go up. We have our PRD coming up & that should be some motivation for me to see all the people across the province who have done well with weight loss plus it is a fun 2 night get away with the girls.

All- hope everyone is doing well & chime in when they can.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #10  
Chick

Hi Bandit and Turtles,
Just when I think this group will disband Bandit pops up. Thanks!
I'm facing a lot of crud right now and have been using food as a support.
Well, we all know how that goes. Had a pretty decent weekend, stopped the gain and have started the loss. A couple of girls in my WW group have used Simple Start with great success. i think WW's found a winner in this program this time.

Bandit, glad you stopped your gain and that you actually lost weight.
Weigh to go!

To everyone else, lots of luck and keep on keepin' on. We have done remarkably well over these years. It can be a struggle to lose weight and keep it off, but as long as we are trying we are winning!

Judy
234.6/197/180 and thinner.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #11  

Judy- Sorry to hear you are struggling. I think we have all had issues that make it hard to keep up the fight. Just keep on trying.

Bandit- Those loses are great. Keep up the good work.

I am working on getting back to a weight I am comfortable with. Though this may be were my body wants to be I can still always see places to improve my eating choices.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #12  
Chick

Cherry! So glad to see you still here. Good luck with your eating choices and the balance between where you want to be and where your body wants to be. You have had an incredible weight loss!
Weigh to go.

:
Judy
Old 06-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #13  

Hi turtles - last night I cooked up white fish with a salad & have enough fish for tonight as well. I also cooked up eggplant/zucchini/tomato casserole & will have throughout the week as a side dish. Planning ahead really helps me & I like to cook, so no excuses.
Just can't get myself into my walking routine - and that is ridiculous since walking makes my legs feel better and helps not feeling so tired.
So that is also what I will be working on.

Cherry/Judy - lets all have a great day & do one thing that will help us on our weight loss journey!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #14  
Chick

GReat post, Bandit. Today I planned my meals. I also headed to Trader Joe's and picked up loads of fresh produce and fruit. Great to have in the house. My dh picked up salads for dinner, so I switched my planned dinner to the easy one.

Keep posting girls. This helps a lot! I had a great day. Thinking about and wanting to do something. Bandit, I remember that indoor track that you like. Are you thinking of doing that again?

: to all!
judy
Old 06-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #15  

Hi Judy - nice job planning your meals & nice hubby is also on board, that makes a huge difference.
Now that the weather is nice, I prefer to walk outdoors - since it is such a limited time up here we can do that. I am planning on getting back into walking at my trailer. Last year I was walking about 2 miles each time & mostly by the water which was great.

Having a good week, staying on track. Hope you all are as well.