Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Friday 6/20/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #2  

Default Good morning!

Here' s a glimpse into the life of a small-town pastor: we are hosting an outdoor BBQ event tomorrow at the church and are worried about having enough shade. So I called my buddy who owns one of the funeral homes in town and am meeting his guys this morning to show them where to set up the two tents he is lending us! Hey, it's cheaper than renting! I love this crazy life sometimes!

Other than that, I'm dodging a bullet today because my church ladies are having lunch at Olive Garden and I can only meet them and stay long enough to chat a bit before I have to head out to spend the afternoon watching my friends two kiddos. I would feel more comfortable at OG for dinner when they have a fuller menu to choose from.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning,

Gracerev, Enjoy the BBQ tomorrow!

Happy Friday everyone. I was driving to work this morning and reflecting on how so much has changed for me since I started IP in Sept. it is not only the weight but how much better I feel about myself, my confidence, the atheltic things that I could not do before, better sleep and more control I have over my life. I am so grateful for IP and of course these discussions boards. I am still amazed that the overweight people I know, friends and family, and there are a lot, haven't done this program. Yes it is restrictive but IT WORKS!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning ladies!
IP43- I am so excited for you about the house! I have been in the possible two mortgage situation twice and it worked out beautifully both times. Never had a single overlapping month. So it can be done! Sending lots of good luck vibes

And personally, definitely not pregnant lol. I think I will try to maintain ketosis with low carb this week. Tried unrestricted pancakes this am, no go. Could only eat 1/3. The upside is that my prior to IP favorite and worst for you foods hold no appeal either. So I'm not tempted to go crazy off. I figure if I'm forcing myself to eat, might as well force healthy food down.
My coach says some people develop a touch of anorexia when on the plan. Not anorexia nervosa, the eating disorder. Just trouble eating. I love this diet's results too much to give up. I'm just going to push through this like any other challenge to staying OP.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #5  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

GraceRev....doesn't OG have dinners available all day? Or do they have separate menus? So smart planning ahead and knowing your limits...have a great BBQ!

Jenny38...you have done absolutely AMAZING on IP. I am so happy that you are in such a good place and getting to run and do things you never dreamed possible before September!

Dangeron...hope today is better for you! I have much sympathy for you, as I said, I was very sick during my pregnancies (developed hyperemesis...like morning sickness ALL the time that never goes away). And eating became a terrible chore. I could hardly tolerate any food at all...so I would just have my hubby make me SOMETHING and choke down as much as I could. NOT FUN.

I got a bra I ordered off Amazon yesterday (probably not a good idea - shot in the dark really)...and it's too tight, lol! Guess I haven't shrunk as much as I thought in that area...keeping it since it might fit better down another 10 lbs.

My Amazon order also included Proti Diet Maple Oatmeal (in the big tub). The directons say "two scoops" mix into 4-5 oz of water BUT I don't see a scoop included. I tried to measure out 25 g (which is what the 2 scoops are) but my little scale isn't sensitive enough. Anyone have suggestions so I can get proper portion control. Today, I just started with 4 oz of water and added to make the consistency that I'm used to seeing from the pre-measured packets.

Anyone have any ideas other than buying a $20 digital food scale? Is the scoop buried at the bottom like a cereal toy?

Have a FAB day everyone!!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Morning ladies!
IP43- I am so excited for you about the house! I have been in the possible two mortgage situation twice and it worked out beautifully both times. Never had a single overlapping month. So it can be done! Sending lots of good luck vibes

And personally, definitely not pregnant lol. I think I will try to maintain ketosis with low carb this week. Tried unrestricted pancakes this am, no go. Could only eat 1/3. The upside is that my prior to IP favorite and worst for you foods hold no appeal either. So I'm not tempted to go crazy off. I figure if I'm forcing myself to eat, might as well force healthy food down.
My coach says some people develop a touch of anorexia when on the plan. Not anorexia nervosa, the eating disorder. Just trouble eating. I love this diet's results too much to give up. I'm just going to push through this like any other challenge to staying OP.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #7  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Happy Friday! I have found fresh rhubarb in several grocery stores lately and at Yakima fruit market. I'm headed to my dads this weekend and will gather up a bunch to freeze.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote - evemomma from yesterday's chat: I'm a clinical counselor/art therapist.

That's a great line of work... I used to work with brain injured patients and that was everyone's favorite time - art therapy & music therapy - although we used it more for physical therapy and less for emotional therapy. I also used to do a lot of sport type activities for rehabilitation after CVA's or other brain injuries. Paddling on calm rivers, playing catch, snowshoeing on easy trails. That was a really great job, but sometimes quite challenging due to mental & emotional symptoms of injury.

I bet, you certainly benefit from some quiet alone time to recoup after intense sessions with clients.

Liana

I wonder if the oatmeal company is using the 25g as a measure of weight or of volume. I'm thinking volume, and there are about 250g in a cup so 1/10th of a cup or 2 tbsp. should be about right. You could try that. Unless you find the 'prize' at the bottom of your box/tub, lol

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-20-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default For Readytolive, from yesterday

I understand you about the wanting to say "only" a pound. Mine was the same this week. While it was disappointing, I actually knew I had struggled a little over the weekend. Oddly enough, I struggled to eat all I was supposed to! I had one meal out, which was a scallop appetizer with a little BBQ sauce and a side of veggies. Most disgusting veggies I have ever forced myself to eat. I stayed in ketosis but the scale wasn't moving very much.

Well, since my Tuesday pm weigh in, I'm down about two pounds (according to my scale at home). I knew I was dealing a bit with the "big C" as everyone calls it. At first I couldn't figure out why everyone on here had cancer, but I eventually figured it out. Anyhow, it's frustrating but there a lot of reasons why one week won't be as good as others. I'm glad you know it'll start moving again!

My NSV for the day: this morning, my scale said I was below 160! Just barely, and I was naked and hadn't eaten anything, but still. I'll take it! I have my goal weight listed at 140, but I am not sure I will go that low. I plan to at least get to 150, so I might be like halfway there! That's a very good feeling.

Also, my work pants, which were too tight when I started IP, are starting to look silly. They still fit in the waist, but they look about two sized too big in the hips. I'm pretty boxy and have very small hips. I am able to take my pants off, pretty much no matter how tight they are, with out undoing them. So, really small hips. I'd rather the weight came off the waist first, but... what can you do?

Dinner out with the boyfriend tonight celebrating his last day of teaching school and the start of summer break. I've already looked over the menu and picked out a couple of things I think would be great at-least-mostly OP options.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #10  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Quote - evemomma from yesterday's chat: I'm a clinical counselor/art therapist.

That's a great line of work... I used to work with brain injured patients and that was everyone's favorite time - art therapy & music therapy - although we used it more for physical therapy and less for emotional therapy. I also used to do a lot of sport type activities for rehabilitation after CVA's or other brain injuries. Paddling on calm rivers, playing catch, snowshoeing on easy trails. That was a really great job, but sometimes quite challenging due to mental & emotional symptoms of injury.

I bet, you certainly benefit from some quiet alone time to recoup after intense sessions with clients.

Liana

I wonder if the oatmeal company is using the 25g as a measure of weight or of volume. I'm thinking volume, and there are about 250g in a cup so 1/10th of a cup or 2 tbsp. should be about right. You could try that. Unless you find the 'prize' at the bottom of your box/tub, lol
Impressive and "mathy" Liana!!!! I actually used one of my spare coffee scoops (twice) which is one TBSP and used to of these...and it worked pretty well, so I think that might be as good as it gets!

It sounds like you were at a wonderful facility that offered so many diverse and creative therapies for their clients! I'm really fortunate to get to do what I do. I mostly work with kids and teens and their families, but I also have a sub-specialty with women's issues (infertility, post-partum depression, baby loss)...I am learning so much about this weight loss journey, I would love to continue learning about the pyschological aspects of it so that I can eventually help others along the way (once I've been on this journey long enough and MAINTAINED it anyway!).

Oh yeah...I also get NO QUIET time b/c I have a 4 and 7 year old. But that's OK...they are my treasures (albeit loud and crazy treasures!).

Last edited by evemomma; 06-20-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post

Also, my work pants, which were too tight when I started IP, are starting to look silly. They still fit in the waist, but they look about two sized too big in the hips. I'm pretty boxy and have very small hips. I am able to take my pants off, pretty much no matter how tight they are, with out undoing them. So, really small hips. I'd rather the weight came off the waist first, but... what can you do?
Made me laugh, NCE, as we have the opposite problem... my waist has always been quite a bit smaller than my butt/hips & chest. Meaning of course where did I lose the weight first?... you guessed it - waist!
Even when I was larger I'd have this awful gap at the back of my waist since I had to buy pants big enough to pull over my bum; but once they were done up, I'd have this 2 inches of extra fabric at the back and have to wear a belt. I could never buy a non stretchy fitted dress (the kind with darts for your waist & a back or side zipper) as it never fit! I finally bought my first fitted dress a month ago and am saving it for a special event this summer. Looks hawt in a classy way, if I say so myself! Your time will come because the spot where it packs on first is always the spot it comes off last.
Liana
Old 06-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #12  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Impressive and "mathy" Liana!!!! I actually used one of my spare coffee scoops (twice) which is one TBSP and used to of these...and it worked pretty well, so I think that might be as good as it gets!

It sounds like you were at a wonderful facility that offered so many diverse and creative therapies for their clients! I'm really fortunate to get to do what I do. I mostly work with kids and teens and their families, but I also have a sub-specialty with women's issues (infertility, post-partum depression, baby loss)...I am learning so much about this weight loss journey, I would love to continue learning about the pyschological aspects of it so that I can eventually help others along the way (once I've been on this journey long enough and MAINTAINED it anyway!).

Oh yeah...I also get NO QUIET time b/c I have a 4 and 7 year old. But that's OK...they are my treasures (albeit loud and crazy treasures!).
Have you heard of Dr. Wells in Ginger Creek? I have a friend to took her son there on Tuesday (he has ADHD). I haven't talked to her yet since the appt. but hope it went well. Do you work with kids with ADHD or other types of issues?
Old 06-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #13  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Have you heard of Dr. Wells in Ginger Creek? I have a friend to took her son there on Tuesday (he has ADHD). I haven't talked to her yet since the appt. but hope it went well. Do you work with kids with ADHD or other types of issues?
Yes, I've worked with Dr. Wells...he does a lot of diagnositic work. I do see kids with ADHD, but see a huge range of things from parental divorce, adoption, loss, anxiety, behavioral problems and of course more serious mental health issues. I'm very 'parent heavy' and seek to help parents be the bridge to their child's health.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

WI today, week 5, down 2.5. I'll take it!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #15  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Back home after spending two days at UCLA with my son. His surgery was successful, thank goodness. I managed to stay OP but probably didn't get as much water in as I should. It wasn't my focus. I was so focussed on him I just tried my best. Now that we are home I am still completely focussed on keeping him comfortable and safe. I had to set my alarm to check on him and give meds for every two hours last night. I am exhausted but can nap today when he sleeps. It's so difficult being without my husband in these situations but I'm a tough momma. Need to find time today to get to the store for veggies and meat of some kind.
Closed Thread