Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Tuesday 6/17/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-17-2014, 07:28 AM   #2  

Hope everyone has a great day today. Rained here all night, flash flooding areas luckily not us. Like rain but not this way, downpour. Well off to work. Just want to thank everyone for the support on here, I am going to try and post more, but love just reading as learn so much, but I have been fooling myself as have not stayed 100% last 2 months and have just played with 3-5 same pound, finally got the book Lisa recommended and gave myself a good pep talk as I can do this and keep it off, hard to comprehend that at times with being heavy last 16 years. Well enough for now, have a great day and stay 100% IP
Old 06-17-2014, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

So this morning was my first WI after 1 week using alternatives....I lost 3.8lbs. Not as much as I had hoped for because I've seen where some have lost a lot after the first week. I know everyone is different, but I was hoping for 5 or more myself. But it's progress nonetheless. It was also that TOM last week so I'm wondering if that also had an effect on my weight loss as well. Not to make excuses, but I also kinda feel like that was my "trial and error" week. After being on the program for a week I think I've got the hang of it and I am past my learning curve and things should be a little easier. I hope for better success on the scales next week and will keep pushing as long as I see the numbers going down, I must be doing something right. :-/

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday

Last edited by tysgirl319; 06-17-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #4  
Restarted IP 6/9/14

S/C/G: 250/240/170

Height: 5'11"

Good luck with those pesky pounds!

Thanks very one for the pep talk about my relationship this morning.

I also spoke too soon- I woke up this morning and I AM at the weight I was the last time I started IP. Now I need to lose 30 pounds and I'll be at the weight I was when I failed IP... I can do it!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Height: 5'8"

My miracle noodles arrived yesterday! Any great recipe suggestions?
Old 06-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #6  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysgirl319 View Post
So this morning was my first WI after 1 week using alternatives....I lost 3.8lbs. Not as much as I had hoped for because I've seen where some have lost a lot after the first week. I know everyone is different, but I was hoping for 5 or more myself. But it's progitess nonetheless. It was also that TOM last week so I'm wondering if that also had an effect on my weight loss as well. Not to make excuses, but I also kinda feel like that was my "trial and error" week. After being on the program for a week I think I've got the hang of it and I am past my learning curve and things should be a little easier. I hope for better success on the scales next week and will keep pushing as long as I see the numbers going down, I must be doing something right. :-/

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday
Congrats on your first successful weak of IP! Depending on how much you have lose, that can account for a smaller loss (but 3.8 is great!). I think I lost 4.2 my first week with 35 lbs to lose. I average about 2lbs a week. Still better than any other diet I can think of! You've made it into Ketosis and now it's time to stick to the program. Yay!

Last edited by evemomma; 06-17-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #7  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning friends! Going to be a hot day at swim lessons for my kids this AM. I really like flavorful cooking/ food. Currently, I use LOTS of garlic and onion powder, parsley, Italian seasoning, cumin, cayenne, spicy mustard, Frank's hot sauce, soy sauce, WF chipotle ranch, dill pickles, peppercinis, and banana peppers to flavor.

What other spices/sauces/herb rubs/dressings do you use?

Blessings!!!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #8  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Last WI before vacay was this morning! Down 2.8 pounds and lost the inches I gained last week plus some (including a whopping 2 inches in my thighs!)! This marks more than 30 pounds lost since I started...so 31.4 pounds in 10 weeks. This makes me even more determined to make it through vacation totally OP. I am so happy my initial goal of 50 pounds is within sight...I am getting teary eyed at my desk because I never thought this was possible, haha.

Before when I would start diets and give up, a few months later I would think to myself with regret, "If I had stuck with it, I'd probably be down X many pounds by now." When I resolved to lose the weight this year I told myself "The time is going to pass anyway, make the best use of it as you can." That has been a huge motivating thought for me. As someone who has struggled with my weight since the instant I hit puberty, I really understand how hard it is to deal with the constant guilt and negative inner voice that says I'll never succeed, I was just meant to be fat, my weight loss goal is an unattainable number, I am too busy to put in the effort, this is another effort that will fall flat. With this plan and a support base (this forum, coaches, friends) I have been able to beat that negative inner voice into submission and see that the time, $ and energy put into this is worth it. Even if IP isn't exactly the right plan for you and you use a different method, I encourage everyone who may be struggling or wavering to put the time and energy into focusing on yourself and your health. The time is going to pass anyway, might as well come out on the other side a healthier you.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #9  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone,

WI#3 2.4lbs gone. I'm so happy this is working.

I Will be traveling to LA tomorrow and spending a few days at the hospital with my teenage son. He is having major repair surgery on his knee. I am trying to make a plan for meals. I obviously won't be able to cook. Any suggestions? I thought of bringing an ice chest with cooked chicken?? I have been there before and the hospital cafe is not diet friendly. I also thought maybe I could make some pre made salads, less dressing,
Old 06-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #10  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

I had an a-ha moment last night. I was driving home after picking up my daughter from a camp she is at (only for this one week) and when I got close to the street to turn on for her regular place, I turned on my blinker. Then I realized hey she is in the car. I think this is what happens to me after I'm no longer on a diet. I put it on auto pilot and start back in to all my old bad habits. This time is going to be different. I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to maintain and not go back to my old habits. Seems like such common sense but yet I have yo-yo dieted for so long.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #11  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good morning everyone,

WI#3 2.4lbs gone. I'm so happy this is working.

I Will be traveling to LA tomorrow and spending a few days at the hospital with my teenage son. He is having major repair surgery on his knee. I am trying to make a plan for meals. I obviously won't be able to cook. Any suggestions? I thought of bringing an ice chest with cooked chicken?? I have been there before and the hospital cafe is not diet friendly. I also thought maybe I could make some pre made salads, less dressing,
First, best of luck to your son! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for him.

Hard boiled eggs, pouches of tuna, pre-cooked chicken or pork, IP chips, RTE puddings and drinks & bars, don't forget your shaker and drinks (easy to make and drink). Cut up celery and peppers travel well and you can portion them out in baggies. Pre-made salads are a good idea and so are baggies of lettuce.

Hooray for you for thinking ahead and getting a plan together!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Congrats on your first successful weak of IP! Depending on how much you have lose, that can account for a smaller loss (but 3.8 is great!). I think I lost 4.2 my first week with 35 lbs to lose. I average about 2lbs a week. Still better than any other diet I can think of! You've made it into Ketosis and now it's time to stick to the program. Yay!
I second this! Depending on your starting weight, and likely what your diet was like prior to starting, you might not have as big of a loss. With 20-30 pounds to lose for me, I had a week 1 loss of 3.4. I'm hoping to average about 3 a week, but I suspect it will be a little lower than that. Just remember 2 pounds a week adds up really fast! And some of the larger losses in the first week are a lot of water weight. Maybe you just didn't have as much water to lose! Pay attention to what percentage is fat loss. My coach tells me every week how many pounds of FAT I lost, and that's what I try and focus on.

My first week I only lost 3/4 of an inch at my waist, which is where I carry most of my weight. Week 2 I lost two whole inches around my waist, but only lost 2.8 pounds. It doesn't always correlate exactly from one week to the next. I can tell you that I'm wearing pants that "fit" but were really too tight for me three weeks ago. And that when I put them on this morning I was wondering if I could fit into a smaller size yet.

So, pay attention to ALL of the numbers, not just the one on the scale - and pay attention to how you FEEL. Really, that's the most important thing. I think we're all doing this for health and to feel good about ourselves, so if you are feeling good then what the scale says doesn't really matter one week to the next.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #13  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
First, best of luck to your son! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for him.

Hard boiled eggs, pouches of tuna, pre-cooked chicken or pork, IP chips, RTE puddings and drinks & bars, don't forget your shaker and drinks (easy to make and drink). Cut up celery and peppers travel well and you can portion them out in baggies. Pre-made salads are a good idea and so are baggies of lettuce.

Hooray for you for thinking ahead and getting a plan together!
Great ideas, thank you. How many Hb eggs are we allowed? I would assume that maybe I should disgaurd some of the yokes if I were to eat a few in place of my dinner protein.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone. I'm week two on the program and I am surprising myself. I never thought I'd make it so far. I have a question. I got the flu yesterday. Feverish, body aches and stomach not quite right. Yesterday I ate all my packets but splurged on half a bagel. I just got home from clinic, my son has pneumonia, he threw up in the car, had to drop off prescription, and then clean up the car and get my son situated with meds etc. I was starving and couldn't look at a vegetable. Now today I am really not well. Any suggestions on how to stay on plan because the veggies are not looking too appetizing...
Old 06-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
Good morning everyone. I'm week two on the program and I am surprising myself. I never thought I'd make it so far. I have a question. I got the flu yesterday. Feverish, body aches and stomach not quite right. Yesterday I ate all my packets but splurged on half a bagel. I just got home from clinic, my son has pneumonia, he threw up in the car, had to drop off prescription, and then clean up the car and get my son situated with meds etc. I was starving and couldn't look at a vegetable. Now today I am really not well. Any suggestions on how to stay on plan because the veggies are not looking too appetizing...
I blend spinach in my IP drinks and pudding, you can't even taste it! Very delicious!
Closed Thread