General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #1  

Smile Liquid Diet with Almased

Hi,

I have been on a mainly liquid diet for two weeks using the protien powder Almased and as of this morning I've lost 11.4 pounds. I am almost 50 and this may seem extreme to some but I feel like what I am drinking is far healthier than what I was eating before. I also like the fact that I don't have to deal with making a lot of choices. I am an addict with food and choice is always a dangerous thing for me!

I modified the basic Almased plan (after much research) for the long haul, instead of just mixing with water, I use Almond Milk, sometimes a sweetend chocolate version (though it uses pure cane sugar not processed) and (gasp) a little diet soda! I do eat two cookies a day that I make from a fav low carb recipe, they are made with just peanut butter (1 cup), 1 egg and a mix of coconut sugar & Truvia (1/2 cup), no flour. I use these instead of adding oil (as instructed) to my smoothies.

Below is a break down of what I've been doing:

3 Almased smoothies a day (made with almond milk (chocolate or vanilla and diet soda, frozen fruit, chia seeds & fiber supplement)
2 peanut butter low carb cookies or 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 cup soup made with 1/2 tomato, 1/2 broth and a little goat cheese
1-2 cup(s) coffee
As much tea & water as I want
1 dark chocolate candy if desired before bed

The amazing thing is I am not hungry... at ALL and have plenty of energy. I have always gotten shaky if I go more than 4 or 5 hours without eating, not now.

Now I am planning to add 1 to 2 meals a week, mainly to allow me a little flexibility. The biggest drawback is that the shakes are not really portable. They need to be made with very cold ingredients and consumed immediately. I am luck, I work from home but it limits my other activities...

I will admit I am hesitant about this, since things are going so well. I am planning on making one smoothie a green juice, still using the Almased but combining it with kale, cucumbers etc...

I think any good protien powder could work, I like this option cause it's easy to get and it's working! I order through Amazon. I will note that I see a lot of debate on there on how much you use and how long it will last. I found one canister, doing 6 level tbls (as I am 5.6 and over that height you are suppose to use 7-8) last me 2 weeks at least... on the site some people say only 4 or 5 days! All I can think is they are using too much, not level tablespoons...!

Anyone else doing this or something similar?

Last edited by Cuechick; 01-13-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Cuechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #2  

Wow, no one?
Old 01-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

I have seen the Almased advertised in magazines, but I just don't know if I could do a mostly liquid diet. I'm not home much so making the shakes would be a problem for me. 11.4 pounds in two weeks is great, especially if you're not feeling like you're starving. Good luck! Keep us posted.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #4  

Thanks Mandy! It is tough if you are not home a lot. However there are a lot of ways to do this program, you can do it kind of like slimfast, two smoothies a day and 1 healthy meal...actually that is what they suggest, the full liquid plan is only suggested for 3-14 days to kick start your plan.

I made some modifications that I think make it substantial enough to go longer...

Today, at Trader Joes I bought a few high protein bars to have handy for when I can't do a shake and also some greens to make a "mean green" version. I had that one for lunch and it was good.

I also looked at their protein powders, I am not set on just this brand...

Oh and today I was able to easily get on a pair of pants I could not zip when I bought them!

Last edited by Cuechick; 01-14-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #5  

I am coming up on 3 weeks this Monday and I have to say it feels a little odd to know I have not eaten an actual meal in all that time. The oddest part being that I feel fine, in fact I feel really good! I think I miss the emotional attachment to food more than the food itself. I had planned to allow myself 2 meals a week starting this week but have not had any yet.

I have not been in a social situation where I felt it was the only option. I did have a protein bar Wednesday morning instead of my smoothie cause I was running late for an appointment and did not have time to make one. I have also started making a "mean green" version to incorporate more veggies into my diet.

For this I use a handful of kale, 1/2 a persian cucumber (they are small), some parsley, frozen pineapple & or blueberries, chia seeds and a serving of the Almased. I then add cold diet ginger ale and if I want a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Next weekend I am attending a small family party at a ritzy hotel brunch buffet!
That will be challenging, I have been to it before and there are lots of healthy options, so I think I'll be ok.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #6  

Well, I am down 3.4 more pounds for a total of 14.8 in 3 weeks. I am very pleased, I have done hardly any exercise during this time! I did have two very light meals over the weekend, one each Sat & Sun. Yesterdays was around 4:30, I got a late start to the whole day so, I did not have a 3rd meal (which would have been a smoothie) at all...

I am still astounded at my lack of appetite! I know it may seem extreme to some but I feel like it is pretty balanced over all and if your committed easy to follow.
Even though I have not gotten much feedback or support here, it still helps to write it down and maybe someone will get something out of my post...

Last edited by Cuechick; 01-20-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #7  

Are you still using the Almased? I am just beginning to use it.
Brenwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #8  

Thumbs up Congrats

I just started Almased today and found this link when I was looking for recipes. Was soooo hungry today and fell off really bad tonight. 14 lbs is amazing. Congrats to you! Tomorrow is a new day. Thanks for the inspiration!
Lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #9  

Hi all, I just started Almased this past Monday and lost 5 pounds this week. I agree with Cuechick. I have been doing 3 smoothies a day and feel great! Not hungry at all! I'm curious though how much have you lost to date and are you still using Almased?
Sjrech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #10  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

I'm thinking about doing 3 day refresh starting tomorrow as it will help me feel better around the TOM. It's 3 smoothies, fibre drink, and some food (problem is I have leftovers in the fridge to eat). I guess I will have to attempt to freeze them and see how they turn out.

As I don't like my protein powder on its own this should be interesting - I guess I will adjust to the taste as I already have (not liking protein at all to begin with and now I love my protein smoothies just usually with stuff!)

Anyone else want to do something like this?
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'5

I did a 12 day fast on Almased at the beginning of this year and lost 9 pounds. Unfortunately, I went off the fast and right back to eating the way I was. I am starting the fast again today and this time I am going to stick to the plan.

I did the Ideal Protein Diet for 4 months two years ago and dropped 37 pounds, but that was a very strict program and hard to keep up.

I am determined this time to lose the weight and work to keep it off.
moonbeam21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/215/175

Height: 5'4"

I started fast today and can say I am not hungry at all I had 3 shakes and some vegetable broth I have some energy also I am very surprised
strugglingover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #13  

Pure cane sugar is processed! It grows in canes, juice is extracted and it is boiled down and crystalized. It is no healthier than any other sugar.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:37 PM   #14  

I think Almase is a great product. I am doing the Ideal Protein Diet for two days. It is a very strict program and it is hard for me to keep up. I hope I make it!

My Amazon seller, abnehmende, sent me two recipes, Healthy Colada and Power Berry. I think they are delicious yet low in calories. :-)
MCCurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 166/166/142

Height: 5'7"

I'm on my 10th day of using Almased.
I haven't had any weight loss at all though I am not doing 3 shakes a day, I am eating one meal a day with two shakes.
I do feel hungry between shakes and by dinner I am SO amazingly hungry. Starving actually.
I find the shakes to be filling at first but a couple hours go by and I'm feeling a bit hungry.
I am not eating soup or drinking other things except water during the day.
I am 42 and don't lose weight easily since turning 38.
I run 10-12 miles a week also.
I'm not sure how long I can continue this but will at least go through the end of September.
If I haven't lost even a couple pounds I will stop the using it.
jennifer1973 is offline   Reply With Quote