View Poll Results: How much easier is Ideal Protein than other diets - for you?
twice as easy 2 4.88%
three times as easy 0 0%
four times as easy 0 0%
five times as easy 1 2.44%
ten times as easy 0 0%
one hundred times as easy 5 12.20%
The same as my other favorite diet... this one isn't better 2 4.88%
It's not easier. It's hard and I am not doing well 4 9.76%
one thousand times as easy 2 4.88%
It's the ONLY diet that would work for me at this point in my life 25 60.98%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #1  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Smile POLL: How easy is your Ideal Protein plan compared to another diet you could choose?

How much easier is IP - than other diets - for you?

Either genuine IP products or alternatives -

doesn't matter which one you're doing...

how much easier is it?
IPCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:43 PM   #2  
Loving Ideal Protein!

For me - I was failing at all the other diets. I guess I had to get my carbs down to the 'forty' level on this plan for my dysfunctional pancreas to cooperate!

I am so grateful for this plan!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/180

Height: 5'2"

I'm finding it very discouraging. I've been on it since the first of April, 100% on program and have only lost 20 pounds. It's now getting summer and fresh vegetables and fruits are coming on. I fight constipation all the time. I wanted it to be a life choice and change my eating habits, but phase 1 is not realistic for long term. I think the discouraging part besides not losing much weight is the money invested. 100 bucks a week plus the extra I spend at the store for meat and vegetables is creating a hardship on the rest of my finances. I don't want to quit because I keep thinking, my body is different and this will be the week that it works, but then it comes and goes. Very discouraged. Any words of wisdom?
Mcintyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #4  
Loving Ideal Protein!

The paper in the initial folder recommends lots of water and magnesium citrate. have you tried magnesium citrate for constipation?

I think you are losing about three pounds a week, when I do the math... which is AMAZING!!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #5  

I take the magnesium two teaspoons every night before bed and calm twice a week. I drink 120 oz of water a day. I am happy about what I have lost, but would like the results that others have had.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I had huge issues when on the program with constipation and discovered magnesium citrate near the end which solved the problem. I don't think regular magmesium is the same thing, but may be wrong.
I was miserable and suffered headaches all the time on IP until I started the MC.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #7  

I meant magnesium citrate in liquid form.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcintyst View Post
I meant magnesium citrate in liquid form.
I used milk of magnesia about 1x a week. You may have to cut your calcium back a bit temporarily - I had to. Calcium stops you up. lol. Also, are you taking any pain meds? When I had to take pain meds that had a codeine/morphine derivative - that stops you flat in your tracks - NO POOP!
Maybe not your issue at all, but just an idea. That also goes for codeine in cough medicines.
20 pounds in 10 weeks is exactly on plan - 2 lbs a week is perfectly normal to lose and a healthy rate. Also check your NSV's - any inches lost, changes in blood sugars or lipids, easier to climb stairs, bend over to tie up your shoe laces???
Please remember that you are right, Phase 1 is NOT LONG TERM (it is only the imbalance we need to kick our bodies into burning the stored fat) and not what we are going to be doing when we have lost the weight. Maintenance is a whole different ball game and you will learn how to phase off properly and change your eating for life - it will not look like Phase 1, but it will work because it is balanced... just work on following the plan and getting in all your water, salt, oil, vitamins, and veggies - try vegetables with a little more roughage like peppers, rhubarb, kale, if you are using alternatives at all, pick the ones with the highest fibre that are on your list for unrestricted. Using more red meat and less chicken and eggs will also help move the bowels.

The oil is very important - some people think if they don't use it or at least as much of it, they will lose quicker. Not so... the oil helps our bodies learn to burn the fat instead of holding on to it and it also helps with constipation - things move smoother.

Just some things I learned from my own experiences with IP. Hope it helps. Hang in there though, a stall is normal, just your body catching up with the changes you are asking it to make .

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-16-2014 at 01:01 AM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

It's difficult for me to answer the original question and poll. I'm not really sure what the difference between '4 times as easy' and '5 times as easy' would be or how I would measure it.

What I do know for sure is that this is only the second time in my life when something has 'clicked' for me and I've been successful with losing weight. The last time, I used weight watchers and lost 90lbs, but what I did find was that I was finding a way to cheat every single day. Now, I never went over my points, but I was eating chocolate or some form of a 'light' junk food daily, so I never really changed my habits - I just found a lower calorie version of it. This time, I have been on plan for 94 days without one lick, bite, or taste of a cheat. I really feel like I am addressing my issues with eating this time.
Mulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:31 AM   #10  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
It's difficult for me to answer the original question and poll. I'm not really sure what the difference between '4 times as easy' and '5 times as easy' would be or how I would measure it.

What I do know for sure is that this is only the second time in my life when something has 'clicked' for me and I've been successful with losing weight. The last time, I used weight watchers and lost 90lbs, but what I did find was that I was finding a way to cheat every single day. Now, I never went over my points, but I was eating chocolate or some form of a 'light' junk food daily, so I never really changed my habits - I just found a lower calorie version of it. This time, I have been on plan for 94 days without one lick, bite, or taste of a cheat. I really feel like I am addressing my issues with eating this time.
This is the FIRST diet I have been on where I don't cheat and I am excited about not cheating. On other diets I was always thinking of how to cheat and usually giving in.

Congrats on your 70 lb weight loss!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #11  
Loving Ideal Protein!

22 people have voted.

Let's get another 50 votes to find out where this diet falls in the kingdom of diets.

Cast yer ballot, mate!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #12  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Best diet for me! I have never even done a diet before but knew that I needed something very strict so I could re-learn how to eat. I am so motivated NOW that I might be able to be successful as something less strict such as South Beach or Weight Watchers, but to start with I really needed a kick in the you-know-where to get me going. And I have no desire to switch plans whatsoever.

I am very lucky as ketosis completely rids me of my appetite and cravings...I am looking forward to moving through the phases and learning how to stay in long-term weight maintenance mode.

Last edited by evemomma; 06-17-2014 at 10:25 PM.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #13  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Best diet for me! I have never even done a diet before but knew that I needed something very strict so I could re-learn how to eat. I am so motivated NOW that I might be able to be successful as something less strict such as South Beach or Weight Watchers, but to start with I really needed a kick in the you-know-where to get me going. And I have no desire to switch plans whatsoever.

I am very lucky as ketosis completely rids me of my appetite and cravings...I am looking forward to moving through the phases and learning how to stay in long-term weight maintenance mode.

Same for me, Eve. I could actually do a harder diet now such as Weight Watchers or Lindora now that my pancreas has had a rest.

I am stunned to see what life is like for those whose insulin isn't raging like mine was.

What a blessing to be in cetosis like you and have no appetite and cravings!

Old 06-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #14  
Loving Ideal Protein!

The more people who vote,

the more accurate the results...

What think ye? How hard is this diet for you compared to other diets?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #15  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

I feel the Ideal Protein Diet is harder mentally that physically. I lost 73# with hcg but after 2 great rounds on hcg I could not loose any more and was living on chicken celery and some other vegetables just to attempt to keep it off...then this spring I said to heck with dieting and slowly the scale crept back up 30#'s...... I am pretty sure I have done every diet ever invented... This is hard mentally a#9 I think.... but with the limited menu it is also easier than other diets that you can get away with cheating on
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote