Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/14 - Sun 6/15/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

We're house hunting and off to look at a property that looks soooo good -- on paper!! I'm getting very excited BUT looking around MY house and seeing nothing but a "to do" list that will need to get done ....yesterday...if we do end up wanting to buy/sell. Yikes!

Last edited by IP43; 06-14-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:19 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good luck on the house hunting IP43! It's so stressful trying to sell and buy - almost easier to just stay put!

We are going to the ballgame tonight - supposed to be in the low 60s so I'm planning on lots of layers. Wish summer would hurry up and get here!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #4  
Diane on track July 2014

Thanks Ruth. But I will be happy to "git 'er dun". My DH has been looking for years and I can never tell what is worse -- the constant looking and not finding OR the regret later "oh we shoulda got that place on... Now I'm kicking myself for not putting in an offer..."
I'm very easy going about where to live - it's just a house- but now that I am focusing more on the "mental" part of life, I'm realizing how "unsettled" I have felt and how that actually is another "stress" I've been dealing with.
I am also really feeling like it's a perfect time for a "new start"... hope this one is "the one"
Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Just realized this morning that my actual weight is lower than the weight listed on my driver's license. What a nice thought to kick off the weekend!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #6  
Start IP 5/8/14

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Just realized this morning that my actual weight is lower than the weight listed on my driver's license. What a nice thought to kick off the weekend!
Awesome That's got to be a great feeling!!! Congrats!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #7  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

I've been feeling hungrier yesterday and this morning. I'm sure I will stay OP, but prefer when food is not on my mind. Maybe I'll add a little protein at lunch. Definitely picking up more lettuce!

I just started taking an antibiotic - clindamycin- and am hoping it does not effect ketosis. My coach did not know and Google has not been helpful. Any insight? I guess I will find out next weighin!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #8  

Pishposhappelsauce, that's an awesome NSV! I can't wait to get there!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
I've been feeling hungrier yesterday and this morning. I'm sure I will stay OP, but prefer when food is not on my mind. Maybe I'll add a little protein at lunch. Definitely picking up more lettuce!

I just started taking an antibiotic - clindamycin- and am hoping it does not effect ketosis. My coach did not know and Google has not been helpful. Any insight? I guess I will find out next weighin!
The antibiotic could be causing the added hunger, as well.
I make cauliflower pancakes for a snack when I have the super hungries & then just have my dinner meat on a huge bed of lettuce. They're pretty good. I just bought some blueberry WF syrup, on the recommendation of somebody else on this board so next time those hungries hit me, I'll have blueberry pancakes!

Whether or not a particular medicine causes a stall or not is probably individual. It won't necessarily affect ketosis, per se. However, if you're on antibiotics, it means you have an infection. Our bodies induce swelling during the healing process and inflammation is water weight. I'd plan for that. I don't even weigh myself when I'm sick. I just stick to plan and know when I'm recovered the water weight will be gone and so will more fat!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

IP43, good luck with your house hunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
That is an awesome NSV so excited for you, also excited that here they don't put weight on the liscence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
I always find I am more hungry at home on my days off then when I am at work, I think it is cause I am kept busy and my mind is far away from food. I think your more proteins and greens is definitly the way to go. On the run I usually do an hardboiled egg.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm so excited about tonight. My cousin's SIL is a bra designer and purged all her samples this week. She sent a huge bin of bras for each of us. We are getting together tonight to dig thru them and try them on. It's going to be so much fun!
Plus I need smaller bras big time. I'm down 6 inches in my chest alone.

There will definitely be food and alcohol involved so I'm planning my day around eating before I get there to resist temptation. I'm going to bring a pack of crisp and a crystal light pack as my fruity beverage

Hope everyone has a great day OP today!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #12  
Diane on track July 2014

Dangeron-- that sounds like fun. I'm trying so hard not too make boob jokes but I think your bra party will be a "hoot". It's important to have a good "support group" but that's taking it to the exreme
Old 06-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #13  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Dangeron-- that sounds like fun. I'm trying so hard not too make boob jokes but I think your bra party will be a "hoot". It's important to have a good "support group" but that's taking it to the exreme
It's always good to stay abreast of new designs too.

Last edited by Halfagain; 06-14-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #14  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

Got too busy to post this yesterday.
The weekend is early. It still works

Friday Weekend Warm-up: With summer right around the corner, it might be time to start brushing up on some of your skills. Have you been eating everything sitting down, slowly, and mindfully? Reading your Advantages List? Responding to sabotaging thinking? Giving yourself credit? Making time and energy for dieting? If not, make a commitment to work on your basic skills this weekend to help get you in the right mindset.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #15  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
It's always good to stay abreast of new designs too.
I sure perked up on that comment Halfagain....
Closed Thread