Old 06-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Anyone Tried Medically Supervised Weight Loss

I'm wondering if anyone has tried going on a medically supervised weight loss program.

I'm considering enrolling in a highly reputable program at a nearby university.

The possible upside? I lost 110 lbs on my own 3 years ago, but managed to gain a lot of it back. Maybe I need to learn a new strategy, or maybe I just need more intensive support.

The downside: It's pricey, and since I did manage to lose 110 lbs on my own, obviously, I know how to do it.

For me, I'm really wondering if the enhanced support would end up helping me more than I realize or whether I should just stick with what I'm doing right now, since I'm headed back downward and trust that if I did it once I can do it again.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #2  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I went through a medically supervised weight loss program at a hospital. It was OK but I felt like there was a disconnect between those who had eating disorders and those who had weight problems. I went through the binge eating disorder program at the same hospital and found it extremely helpful. I think it depends a lot on where you are starting out from
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Ubergirl, I don't know if you saw my reply on the other post, but I felt like therapy provided good support at the beginning for me, when I really needed it. I've also gone to OA (Overeaters Anonymous), which was really helpful. I've done Weight Watchers, but while I felt supported in the meetings, in my mind they have predatory billing practices and that negated the benefit of the meetings for me. If you're concerned about costs, you might check into OA first and see if that provides the extra support you need. I hope you find something that works for you!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote