Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/308/200

Height: Five feet, seven inches.

Default H- 300lbs, health issues [Trigger Warning: Trauma]

Hi all! Long-time lurker, first-time member. I’ll call myself H.

I am a 23 year old female, engaged to be married and just finishing up my bachelor’s degree. I am looking to go down to at least 200 pounds as a main goal, but my main purpose for wanting to lose weight is to get rid of some underlying health concerns.

I have been overweight since I was in fifth grade. Although I did yo-yo between healthy and unhealthy, family trauma (abuse, death of my father, drastic move across the country and high school bullying) kept food as my comfort. When I did try to lose weight, I went back and forth between being healthy and exercising—and starving myself and using amphetamines to keep my appetite away.

When I moved out on my own, I gained the weight you gain when you realize you can buy whatever food you want. I live in a dangerous neighborhood, on a fixed income, so walking outside or going to a gym wasn't in the cards. Low income makes it difficult to shop healthily, as well.

In December of last year, I had to have my gallbladder removed. When I was done, I kept eating like everything was fine, because I was too scared to change my habits. I was very depressed after my mother’s long, long illness over the past few years, and felt the only control of being able to eat what I wanted. Then I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, MTHFR deficiency and fatty liver. The fatty liver is mild, but the pain has been so debilitating that working out is difficult.

I currently weigh 308 pounds. I deal with chronic pain, a poor income and a lot of stress.

I hope I can do this.
HelpingMyself1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #2  
Call me Troy

S/C/G: 220/191/140

Height: 5'2"

You can do this. Try changing one thing at a time, it's easier than going cold turkey.

I also have a fatty liver, which I always thought was gallbladder pain, which the doctor and general surgeon said would not cause pain. But now that I read that you have pain from fatty liver, I realize its what I have as well. I will go for months with no pain, then chronic pain lasting well over 2 months.
Teeroy is offline   Reply With Quote