Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 08:53 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default 1/22 - Brrrrrrrrr

It sure is cold here today in Northwest Indiana!!!

Why is it some days you just don't feel like trying. The voices in my head keep babbling about all the reason I need to do this and how it needs to be done now and all I need to do is try. Blahhhhhh!! I just don't wanna. I feel like being lazy and just taking it easy. I am following my plan today in spite of the fact that I don't feel like it. I even worked out last night.

How is everyone else on this cold, cold Thursday?
Old 01-22-2004, 09:02 AM   #2  

Yeah Sandi ! That's great that you got that work out in! I know exactly what you're talking about, those mornings when you get up and just don't feel like being good at all. You don't want to have to think about it, you just want to eat what you want, when you want it, and as much as you want of it. Of course Broccoli and Chicken Breasts is never what I want to eat large quantities of!

I never go to bed at night though wishing that I had eaten more junk food. I often go to bed wishing that I had eaten less junk food. You CAN do this today, I know that you can. You've been making amazing progress in this new year and I know that you can keep it up.

Just imagine how good you'll feel when you go to bed tonight knowing that you made it through the day OP. You don't want to go to bed tonight wishing you had done better. You CAN do this, you are strong
Old 01-22-2004, 09:57 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

way to go Sandi! Remember what Dori says in "finding nemo" Just keep swimming! Cold! you've got that right! I only walked the dog for 10 minutes this morning!! with the wind chill it's -35F outside!! and it still is.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:47 AM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning everyone. I feel cold here, but am thankful that it is not as cold as where you all are. I used to live in Maine. Now, I have turned into a cold weather wuss (sp?). At first I was feeling hot here, and thought that I might as well get rid of my sweat pants and tops ~ thought I won't be needing them anymore. LOL. Glad I still have them and the turtle necks too.

Feeling kind of frustrated with myself. Here it is halfway through the month, and I am piddling along not making any progress ~ not trying hard enough and I know it. Thankful that I am maintianing, but needing to get my rear in gear ~ before another year slips by and I am still where I am.

Take care all ~ Gayle
Old 01-22-2004, 10:50 AM   #5  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Sandi...I too know exactly how you feel. Why does ths have to be so difficult? And I think what gets me soooo bummed out is that this is going to be a daily struggle for me the rest of my life. But check yourself out....you got that body moving....and that is more than can say for myself :0....(but it aint Friday yet!!!!) Baby steps remember. I think you should check out my secret for success today. Makes you go HMMMMMMMMMMMM.....

Slimdown, that is way to cold for even a 10 minute walk. No thanks.

Mothergoose, what a thought provoking message....your right, I never go to be hoping I had more junk....LOL
Old 01-22-2004, 10:50 AM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I think I feel sorrier for the animals than the humans today. 6 below when I left for work. Almost called in sick, but got back in bed & thought, "Well, what are you going to do all day then?" Sleeping didn't seem like a viable option when I have so much here to do, so here I am.

Haven't been to the gym in forever, going the next 3 days, cold or not. I really dislike the thought of paying for it & then not going.

Anytime it wants to warm up outside would be fine, but it's only supposed to get up to 6 above (!!!) and tomorrow it's in the teens/20's but w/that we're supposed to get snow. Blah. January in Wisconsin--they don't call us the Frozen Tundra for nothing!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:58 AM   #7  
Long Time Member

Let's get moving is my new motto!! I just set up a sitter for Jacob on Saturday so I can go to Curves!! Wooo Hooo!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:15 AM   #8  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

That's great Sandi! I joined Curves last summer and it has made a huge difference for me! I'm sold on it! They've got some really cool new T shirts that you get if you can get a friend to join -- one is a navy blue V-neck shirt that says "Amazing Woman" on the back! It's cool!

At our Curves we just got our new glute machine and boy does it give you a workout! Have a wonderful time working out this weekend!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:26 AM   #9  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Now that is the attitude Sandi...Go! GO! GO! SANDI, GO!

I wouldlove to go to curves...but there is just one thing I do not understand. If they are so all about WOMAN...why don't they provide child care????? The hours just don't work for me....being a SAHM. I actually asked them once, and they said they don't have the insurance for it....geeze, you think the almighty dollar would get them to take out a policy. I bet their membership would increase a lot if they had childcare. Bummer
Old 01-22-2004, 11:57 AM   #10  

Gayle~Even maintaining is a victory because it's not gaining. Don't be so hard on yourself, you're making progress by not gaining, and you'll know how to maintain once you do get to where you want to be.

WTG Sandi! Love your new motto! That's why I love the Y, for just $15 a month I can put all my kids that are under age 8 in the child care center for up to 2 hours a day every day. If it wasn't for that, I know I wouldn't be able to go and work out.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

I think part of it is the insurance and then it's location. All the curves I go to are in strip mall kind of locations. There wouldn't be room for a childcare room. Plus, I think it's also that it's only 30 min.

I am lucky because I go during work mostly or on the way home. I could definately see how it wouldn't work for a SAHM.

I really want to join the Y, but since I would have to go after work, my fear is that I wouldn't go. We'll see where I am with my exercise in March.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #12  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Childcare is the reason my best friend K joined a different gym. I'm @ the YWCA, and they don't offer childcare after a certain time at night, but the YMCA does??? She works til 7, usually doesn't get home til 8, so it's not like she ever goes, but still.

I'm going to hit the gym tonight. No sense in sitting at home shivering. I've gotta get the mind & body ready for the 4-point February that I'm gonna try for!

Glynne--I'm on the same page as you--sick of maintaining & hovering around these 10#. This IS where I was last year--NO MORE!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:58 PM   #13  

Good for you Sandi! Bad weather is THE WORST. When I was growing up bad weather always meant COOKING ... and baking and other bad things. I'm trying NOT to teach that to my kids.

And it was "warm" here today, started out around 15 degrees and hit the mid-20s, but it's going to be COLD again (zero-ish) tomorrow. UGHH!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:25 PM   #14  
missaprylj

Finals are done. I'm tired. I have tomorrow "off" but, I'll be babysitting and doing school projects from 8:00a.m. - 9:00p.m. Yay... what a day off!

I want to ask this guy to Sweeties but the thing is, if he (when he) says no, I'll have to see him EVERY DAY for the next 2.5 years. He's my stand partner in orchestra and I can't tell if he likes me or hates me.

I'm going to quit thinking for the night.

Closed Thread