Old 04-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #1  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Default 40-Somethings: Struggles Welcome Here

This thread is for those days when you just can't bear posting in threads where others are going strong, the days you binge, the days you eat off plan, the days your weight is up, the days you need alot of encouragement.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Thanks for starting this Shannon! Seeing as I've just come off a period of what I call "thrill eating" and have moments where I feel like I'm holding on by only the thinnest thread, I'm sure I belong here! :P
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Great thread. Thanks shannonSnail!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Wow great thread Shannon...thanks for starting it. I"m sure it will help others.

Some of you know my struggle.....which seems to be very bad lately......trying to drag myself out of that scary place. Sometimes you have to hit rockbottom before you can make changes....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

How is everybody doing?

I'm currently working hard to block out my own negative self talk. Trying to practice a little of that self-love stuff, see if I can't turn a negative into a positive experience. It's all in the perspective, right?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #6  
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
How is everybody doing?

I'm currently working hard to block out my own negative self talk. Trying to practice a little of that self-love stuff, see if I can't turn a negative into a positive experience. It's all in the perspective, right?
Negative self talk is a hard one, it's so subtle, you often don't realize it's occurring. This time around I have been practicing grace with myself. I'm one of those all or nothing people which has sabotaged me many times. I had a bad eating weekend but instead of throwing in the towel as I have done many times (silly, isn't it?) I just got back on my plan. The scale showed a little gain but not over the previous week's weigh in so I'm trying to focus on the overall picture instead of thinking about where I was right before the bad eating.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #7  
~Shannon

Oy! I just binged on trail mix. Just saying that makes me want to laugh because it wasn't my typical binge food (potato chips, ice cream, donuts, cookies, etc) but bingeing is more about the emotions/control/lack of control for me anyway. That was my first binge in about a month. So, I'm going to focus on that because used to, it was a several times a week event. The reason though is even odder. My binges have mostly been due to frustrations. In this case I was anxious because I didn't have dinner planned and my errands took too long this afternoon and it was almost dinner time and I wasn't seeing any quick fix in sight. I talked to my hubby and he agreed we should go out so I was relieved but then I went bonkers on the trail mix. I guess it was a delayed reaction to the anxiety. Oh well, like I said before, GRACE!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm just struggling with learning the new me and it's new weight loss patterns.

I didn't have my period for three months and then BAM had it again 20 days later. Weight is coming on and off at unpredictable times. It's ALLLLL new territory for me after being so predictable!

I'm also struggling with getting back into exercise. I'm just so cold that I can't motivate myself to go outside and do it on days I can do it! This weight would come off faster and I would feel better and be healthier if I were moving more!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

Shannon -- I don't think ever done anything other than binge on trail mix. As in, I've never had "just a little" trail mix. Or just a single serving, or even a double serving of trail mix. Ever. In my life. Hang in there!

Melissa -- I'm sure having everything be so unpredictable adds alot of stress. I know I struggle more when things don't go according to plan! I do so much better with a plan and when everything is predictable!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #10  

I had my period today and Im so glad because my cravings and hunger this past week have been ridiculous!! I went to town on some pita chips yesterday and chocolate eclairs....today i feel less hunger...amazing what the powers of hormones can do to us, eh?
Old 04-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #11  
~Shannon

Zumba, I have been really hungry too. My TOM is due in just a few days. I hope that is all it is. Last TOM I didn't notice extra hunger so I thought my new way of eating was helping that but now I'm just thinking it was a fluke. My meals were all on plan today but I ate way more at dinner than I usually do.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #12  

I notice that the day I get my period all of a sudden my appetites drops....I never paid much attention to that until the past year or so so maybe its all about the progesterone dips during my cycle becoming stronger since i am getting OLDER...ugh...
Old 04-30-2014, 06:27 AM   #13  

yesterday i drank more water, kept calories low, worked out, had my period...you would think something would give.....
Old 04-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

One of my dogs vomited in my hair last night.

Sooooooo, yeah.

Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come today.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #15  
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
One of my dogs vomited in my hair last night.

Sooooooo, yeah.

Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come today.
Eww! So sorry!