Thread: June Chat
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #70
Wannabehealthy

S/C/G: 217/200/175

Height: 5'3

dgramie, Hi, and welcome to our Diabetes Chat! If I had an A1c of 5.9 and a two hour postprandial of 104 I would be jumping for joy! I don't know what to tell you about the fasting of 123. It does signify prediabetes. Could it have been a fluke? How often do you test your fasting glucose? Do you regularly get readings in the 120s? I would start testing FBG regularly and keeping a record. If it remains on the high side, you could try eating an evening snack for a week or so and see if that makes a difference. But I think that not eating after dinner is a good thing, and if you get into the habit of having an evening snack it could be a hard habit to break somewhere down the line. For me, no snacking after dinner is best. Anytime I eat in the evening, I can count on my FBG being higher than when I went to bed. Everyone is different, so you will need to know what works for you. Depending on what your diet is normally, I would cut back on starchy carbs like sweets, bread, rice, pasta, and get some exercise every day. This should help lower your FBG. Losing some weight would help too, but if that was easy, I'd be doing it! LOL

If you are prediabetic, you are in the early stages and you should be able to nip it in the bud, but it will probably be something to be concerned about the rest of your life.

Please come back and let us know how things are going. The more people we add to our little group, the more information we can learn from each other.

I'm less than perfect, and that's OK!