Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Undergarments

Ok let's talk about undergarments. I'm not talking shapewear, I only wear shapewear on the most formal occassions because I simply hate the constriction. But I do want to find supportive underwear, something I can breathe in but doesn't require breaking a sweat to put it on. And bulges are the worst!

I don't wear a lot of skirts and dresses, but I'm trying to get out of that funk. I wore a dress yesterday and realized that I am going to need more supportive undergarments. Panties can be so flimsy, and chafing can be a problem. Does anyone know of boxer briefs for women? Something that covers the derriere completely.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

I'm pretty sure you can get lady boxers but there should be something available for women, in the UK they call them full briefs if that's helpful.
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

If you google "light control shapewear" you might find what you're interested in. It just gives you some control without constricting. Also, if you will be wearing hosiery, control top panty hose helps. Another thing that works with a dress is to wear a full slip as opposed to a half slip. It skims over the body and minimized bulges. I realize that slips are somewhat a thing of the past, but they help. Some of them have spandex and offer support, too.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

http://www.drugstore.com/monistat-so...-gel/qxp139254 this is awesome to help with chafing. As far as panties, I wear either JMS, or the ones that used to be sold at Fashion Bug (before it went out of business). I believe the ones from FB can be purchased from Lane Bryant and the non plus size counterpart. The FB ones have some support to them.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #5  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCutie View Post
http://www.drugstore.com/monistat-so...-gel/qxp139254 this is awesome to help with chafing.
Oooh, I concur. Even at my thinnest my thighs always touched and chafing was a problem. That stuff saved my inner thighs on my (very hot & humid) wedding day.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCutie View Post
http://www.drugstore.com/monistat-so...-gel/qxp139254 this is awesome to help with chafing. As far as panties, I wear either JMS, or the ones that used to be sold at Fashion Bug (before it went out of business). I believe the ones from FB can be purchased from Lane Bryant and the non plus size counterpart. The FB ones have some support to them.
Oh definitely, I've got some in my purse at all times lol.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I find it to be an issue too, but I found one pair of bike shorts that seems to work well under most of my dresses without being visible.

Something like this would work. Or you can take control top pantyhose and cut the legs off.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #8  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I love Jockey's Slip Shorts, they come in long and short: http://www.amazon.com/Jockey-Womens-.../dp/B00827ROPW

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for? They don't roll up, unlike the old cut-off pantyhose trick. The material is soft and smooth and works so wonderfully under dresses, giving you a smooth line without squeezing you. I have two pair that I've worn for a year and they don't show any wear and tear yet. They are both long, I really need to buy a pair of the shorter ones for my shorter dresses. Can't sing enough praises!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I love Jockey's Slip Shorts, they come in long and short: http://www.amazon.com/Jockey-Womens-.../dp/B00827ROPW

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for? They don't roll up, unlike the old cut-off pantyhose trick. The material is soft and smooth and works so wonderfully under dresses, giving you a smooth line without squeezing you. I have two pair that I've worn for a year and they don't show any wear and tear yet. They are both long, I really need to buy a pair of the shorter ones for my shorter dresses. Can't sing enough praises!
Yes! This is it!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I find it to be an issue too, but I found one pair of bike shorts that seems to work well under most of my dresses without being visible.

Something like this would work. Or you can take control top pantyhose and cut the legs off.
That looks good too but boy it's pricey!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post

Great idea! I see they have them at Kohls and I have a gift card!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #12  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Wannabehealthy that's where I first found them. Love their coupons. You can easily get a pair for $10 with sales and coupons!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #13  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

I know that Joe Boxer (Kmart) sells woman's boycut briefs. I own a few pairs. They are fairly supportive because they cover your whole butt, but you may have issues with them riding up.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote