Thread: June Chat
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #65
Shannonsnail
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Just coming back to report on the Bulletproof Coffee. I tried it today since I was able to get some grass fed butter over the weekend. So, I made my coffee and added 1 tsp of the butter and 1 tsp of coconut oil. The key is blending it really well to thoroughly mix the oils in (in a blender or with an immersion blender, don't think you'll get same results with spoon). I then added my sugar sub as usual. I did not add my usual half and half. The coffee turned a light brown shade and was very frothy from the blender. My first sip was a little oily feeling but after that I didn't really notice other than that my lips stayed nicely moisturized. The flavor was surprisingly rich. It was a very different taste from my usual coffee but not in a bad way, just different. I really can't imagine advancing to a tbsp of both oils but could drink it again at this amount. The coconut flavor, to me, is strong in this, which I don't love but it's not bad, just strong. I do feel like I will need to go potty but my regular coffee does that too.

Editing to add after talking with folks online, they say "refined" coconut oil tastes less coconutty and they recommend adding a little heavy whipping cream.

My blog: http://shannonssliceoflife.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 06-09-2014 at 07:20 PM.