Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 05:41 PM   #1  

Angry Newbie

Hi--this is a wonderful site, I'm glad I found it. My name's Christine and although I'm 41, this is my first time seriously trying to make a change in my eating habits. I did try Atkins briefly, but couldn't stand it, and I don't even want to talk about The Slim-Fast Episode. I started going to Weight Watchers with a friend 3 weeks ago and was astounded to see the scale hit 198. Having Type 2 diabetes in my family and having been diagnosed with hypoglycemia in the past makes me a very high risk for getting the disease, so I really need to make a change, and fast.
I've lost 8 lbs. so far, which is probably mostly due to giving up my Vanilla Coke addiction. My big challenge is that I really, really dislike exercise. I haven't started doing any yet, but I know I have to. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions!
My goal weight is 135, but I'd be satisified with 140.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:54 PM   #2  

welcome christine. i don't have much time i am headed out for my2 mile walk. this site is awesome. post alot. good luck.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:44 AM   #3  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

welcome Cristine.. water water water!! lol. i think i have turned into a water addict. when the weather is nice i walk and notice that weight just seems to melt off me. instead of trying a "diet" i just try to eat healthier. and it is working. good luck meeting your goal.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:23 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

Hey Christine - I too am doing WW, I am 30 years old and need to lose alot, I would be real satisfied with 140 right now....at this point though I am just trying to get under 200 - I will be so happy that day....
Just like you I hate exercising and that has been my biggest struggle, I did do it yesterday but that was the first time since before Thanksgiving so you see I am not doing that well at it....ha ha
Good luck on your weight loss!!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Satine - I'm right there with you.. <200 would be fantastic!

Christine - Welcome and good luck.. I've found this site to be so helpful.. not only the information you can get but the support you get from others trying to do the same thing you are... lose weight and be healthy.
As for the water... I hate it But... I have made a plan with myself... for every 34 oz of water I drink (one of those Clear Splash sparkling water bottles) I can have a Propel (made by gatorade) which is 17 oz... so that way I get my water and not have to hate it too bad.

Good luck and keep it up!
Closed Thread