Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 06:51 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat - Sat 6/7-Sun 6/8/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Everyone is sleeping in on a beautiful Saturday? Or maybe they are out in the garden? Either way have a great day. I have had company since Wednesday but I'm doing well so far to stay OP - although it's a bit more expensive to eat on plan with company. Steaks last night for supper were bought by the company though, so I won't complain
Old 06-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #3  

Default Good Morning!

Slept in a little bit this morning - not like I used to. I have had way more energy since starting this journey!

Way to go Kentuckysgirl on your first weigh in!!!!!

AmberLS, I am crossing everything I can for a great result for you this morning. No matter what, you have shown yourself (and US!) how super strong you are and you are doing an amazing job handling everything that is going on in your world!

My mom went home yesterday so things are back to normal around the house, I guess. I need to get a really good walk in today and put the finishing touches on my sermon for tomorrow.

Hope everyone enjoys a great day!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #4  

I have so many choices today, I can't decide. After my workout, that is.
Strawberry picking? (for DH, of course), Horseradish Festival, going to St Louis Ballpark Village to watch an away Cards game? Outdoor concert tonite?

I'm leaning toward festival today, BPV tomorrow and probably the concert tonite (weather permitting).

None of these things could I have done 2 years ago. Last summer I would have chosen 1 because my back couldn't take all that activity (and probably not berry picking). Now I can easily do all of these things. Losing 90+ lbs on IP started the transformation, then I added Physcial Therapy to rehab my back. I'm not good-as-new but I'm pretty doggone good!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #5  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Strawberry picking? (for DH, of course), Horseradish Festival, going to St Louis Ballpark Village to watch an away Cards game? Outdoor concert tonite?

I'm leaning toward festival today, BPV tomorrow and probably the concert tonite (weather permitting).

None of these things could I have done 2 years ago. Last summer I would have chosen 1 because my back couldn't take all that activity (and probably not berry picking). Now I can easily do all of these things. Losing 90+ lbs on IP started the transformation, then I added Physcial Therapy to rehab my back. I'm not good-as-new but I'm pretty doggone good!
You win Lisa. My choices today are: Do I mark the Math pile or the Science pile? Do I take a break to drive the son to baseball or the other to guitar? Do I wash the darks first or the whites?...

I wanna come and play with YOU today... sounds way more fun!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
You win Lisa. My choices today are: Do I mark the Math pile or the Science pile? Do I take a break to drive the son to baseball or the other to guitar? Do I wash the darks first or the whites?...

I wanna come and play with YOU today... sounds way more fun!
Laundry goes in as soon as DH gets out of bed so I can get the basket out of our room. And lucky for me, school year ended May 30. I'm doing some summer diagnostic work and writing some summer IEPs but most of it is on my own schedule...just a few days "in the office".

Okay...time to workout!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #7  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

:cheer3

GUESS WHO'S IN ONEDERLAND?????? YEP ME WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #8  

Default Yay!!!!

Way to go, Amber!!!!!!!!

I am SO happy for you! Thanks for sharing the good news with us!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Amber! Onederland is an awesome place to live!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

I weighed myself this morning (wanted to see what it was a few days after TOM) and WOW, I might be having a big whoosh this week if it keeps up. I normally do not weigh myself between weigh ins, but I needed to for peace of mind today. Yeah baby!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #11  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post

Yayyyyyyy!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I weighed myself this morning (wanted to see what it was a few days after TOM) and WOW, I might be having a big whoosh this week if it keeps up. I normally do not weigh myself between weigh ins, but I needed to for peace of mind today. Yeah baby!
That's great, readytolive! Keep it up!

Quote:

Yay AmberLS! You've been so close and it's great that you made it!!!!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #13  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Have been fiddling with what my next mini goal should be now that I hit onederland. I thought a dress size 12 by my birthday would be a good one, but for whatever reason I feel like I have less control over dress sizes, whereas with weight, I know if I stay OP I will get there. But I also don't want to become overly focused on the number on the scale. Making my next mini goal to make it to 180s by my bday...I have a feeling my losses are slowing a bit so it might be down to the wire.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #14  

Quote:

That is great!!! I know you've been wanting to get there. Go you!
Old 06-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Lisa - I am amazed at you - I could not handle going strawberry picking, even for my husband, if I were unable to eat the goodies! You are one determined lady, but we already knew that.

Doing well today, recovering, as Lisa guessed. from iritis, an inflammation of the eye behind the cornea which can radiate throughout the head. Sounds simple. felt terrible. Do not know if the prescribed corticosteroids will affect my weight loss or not but will stand hard at 100% OP through this.

Husband off playing in a gold tournament so I will go to the fitness center, clean house, do laundry, treat myself to a self administered manicure.

Tomorrow I will clean out my closet, getting rid of anything that is the least little bit loose or two big. I have discovered that it helps keep me a bit honest since I know that if I slip, I am back to the 'I do not have anything that fits to wear' issue of when I was so much bigger.

It is a psychological boost as well, a little game I play. I like to fill up the bags for the thrift store because it is a real satisfactory and tangible sign of my progress.

Oh, yesterday, I discovered I have hip bones!
Closed Thread