Old 06-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arich View Post
I have been trying to focus on time rewards rather than pounds rewards. for example, if I am on plan for 6 weeks, I get a massage. There is a vacation in there so that is a big reward for me. I also plan to get myself a "way to go" necklace, maybe at 12 weeks. And there will be little "you've hit a rough spot- make it through this week and we go to the movies" rewards along the way. I have always been a really slow loser so this is a way to keep me motivated while focusing on what I can control.
Those are great ideas too! The effort is definitely worth a reward
dangeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #17  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
I buy a charm or spacer for my Brighton charm bracelet for "big" or milestone losses. It's not as pricey as other companies and each one I pick has meaning to me.
That's a good idea. I like that constant little encouragement that comes from those little charm bracelets. Visual reminder of what has been accomplished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilysc View Post
This is something that I've always struggled with! But lately, my rewards are doing things that I couldn't before. One thing I treated myself to was a pair of snowshoes during the winter. Most snowshoes have a max weight of 250 or so. Once I got below that, I got them and LOVE being able to use them. It's something I always wanted, but couldn't have. I also took a kayaking class a few weekends ago. I was confident I wouldn't sink the boat!! ;-)
Sounds like awesome ideas. I'm looking forward to snowshoeing next winter - I haven't been in over a decade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I don't love the idea of replacing reward eating with reward spending but I think it's important to treat yourself sometimes. My ultimate reward though once I've lost all the weight is to go on a tropical vacation where maybe I'll be able to wear a bikini for the first time ever.
I agree with you, re: reward eating/spending. However, since I'm replacing fast food and wine with pedicures and new lipstick, it is basically a wash budget-wise. Same dime. I love the tropical vacation idea. I'm excited for our next flight - by then I will only need to buy one plane ticket!
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/186/155

Height: 5'6"

Any time I want something Im not suppose to have I think about going on a trip to Mexico next year , then go and try on clothes that didn't fit a couple of weeks ago.

DebbieCurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 168/162/135

Height: 5"2'

I've had a really hard time thinking of non food rewards and realized how much I've spent my life rewarding myself or getting rewarded for something with food. But I was thinking about giving myself a $10 gift card for iTunes for every 10 pounds I lose or putting a quarter in a jar that I can use at the end for every day I stay OP. My big reward for the end of this whole thing though is going on a trip to Disney World with my best friend so that's kind of the reward pushing me forward on this.
Ashayne is offline   Reply With Quote