Old 06-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

Default What food item do you refuse to give up!

When changing your lifestyle, is there anything you refuse not to have on at least a semi-regular basis. For me it's diet soda, I probably only drank one or two cans a week anyway (and I crave it like mad during shark week [TOM]).
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

2% milk in my coffee.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

I agree with you on the whole fat! I also drink whole milk when I make my protein shakes or iced coffee, it keeps me full, Skim milk has the same effect as water to me.
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:08 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Yup, I'll never give up a splash of cream in my coffee! 1 cup a day (of coffee not cream haha) and i want it delicious
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Full-fat cheese. I love cheese and I think it makes everything taste delicious. However, the total fat and calories can add up quickly. So, I have it in moderation...a little shredded cheddar on my eggs, feta in my salad, etc.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

There's nothing I have to have daily, nor is there anything I feel I have to give up permanently. Frequency is negotiable for 99% of my diet.

Sat. is our weekly burger and fries night, and so shall it be for now and for evermore. Burger night is sacred.

General Tso's is every two weeks, though that's only because it make it myself and I don't have the energy to make it more often. Otherwise, it would be the base of my food pyramid. I can and have eaten it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Pizza is like General Tso's in that it's bi-weekly and that I could eat it for all three meals. Unlike Tso's, it's too easy to get ( there's great pizza within walking distance ). I could put a serious hurting on my calorie and financial budget if I didn't give myself a schedule.

Agree with GirlyGirlSebas, I love full fat cheese of all varieties. I carefully measure it now, but I won't hesitate to have it whenever I can fit it into my calorie budget.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

I will not live without my fizzy drinks. In my case, it is diet soda, but I will also drink citrus flavored sparkling water. I just really like carbonated beverages. I just don't drink full sugar sodas, because they make my teeth feel "fuzzy." Ick. I have given up soda before, and I didn't observe a particular weight loss advantage. Some people are sensitive to artificial sweeteners. I don't seem to notice that with myself.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

So, I am working on graduating to being animal product free, but cheese is basically the equivalent of crack to me. I'd really like to say goodbye to it forever, except maybe homemade goat cheese. I enjoy it in moderation now, but the substitutes just can't compete with the real deal in this case.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Coffee, HWC and Davinci SF.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

I had to think really hard and I've come to realize... there's nothing in the world I actually desire anymore. Because I made a point of never to exclude anything ever again. I guess you could say I refuse to give ANYTHING up. Everything in moderation. And eating this way has made me so happy.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

For now.. my Diet Dr. Pepper....... I may give it up someday, but not in the foreseeable future.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Ice cream/froyo. I used to have it 3-4 times a week, now it's just one actual 1/2 cup serving once a week. It's always been my biggest guilty pleasure. And, I haven't had chinese food since eating better, but I don't think I could go the rest of my life without ever eating it again. Probably it will become a once a month or so thing
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #13  
Gizmo

Peanut butter. I've tried natural peanut butter and hated it. I've tried making my own, it was alright but nothing like smooth peanut butter out of a jar. I have one piece of toast each morning with peanut butter and have learned to refrain from eating spoonfuls straight out of the jar. But I am not giving it up entirely.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #14  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Beer and wine. I drank it all the way down. Regularly too!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/160/115

Height: 5'1"

For me it's pasta alfredo! I love, love, love frying garlic in some olive oil and then mixing in pasta then alfredo sauce with a dash of pepper. I recently started purchasing the lower fat, lower calorie kind of sauce and I am not compromising taste. I have it at least twice a week.

I also try to use real sugar instead of sweeteners. Life is too damn short to drink coffee--my most beloved drink--with a damn Splenda.

Last edited by tardyfortheparty; 06-07-2014 at 08:10 PM.
tardyfortheparty is offline   Reply With Quote