Old 06-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/133/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Here's how to make WW Points show up in My Fitness Pal - count points for free! :)

Saw this post on myfitnesspal so gave it a try, and it worked. Now Weight Watchers Points show up to the right of my diary.

This is what I did if anyone is interested....

* Make sure on myfitnesspal your diary is set up like this =
Carbs then Fat then Fibre then Protein then None
(edited by logging onto myfitnesspal - Settings - Diary Settings)

This will allow it to calculate the Points.

1st - You need to use the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you don't have it, download it for free.
(I've heard there is something that will make this work on Chrome browser as well, but this is the one I did)

2nd - Use this link to add the grease monkey add on to mozilla firefox...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../greasemonkey/
(If that link doesn't work just google grease monkey add on for firefox)

(after doing this you will see a lil monkey face on the top bar of mozilla you can click on with options)

3rd - Then go to this link (which is a user script) and hit install - [url]http://userscripts.org:8080/scripts/show/122949

Your diary on myfitness pal should now show points as well

Here is the link to the discussion I found it on on mfp - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/s...-points-on-mfp

Grease Monkey Add on -
Allows you to customize the way a web page displays or behaves, by using small bits of JavaScript.
(JavaScript; an object-oriented computer programming language commonly used to create interactive effects within web browsers.)

User Script Summary: Adds display of Weightwatcher points to any daily food diary page. Defaults to the older weight watcher point calculation. To display the new Points Plus calculation, edit the source code. On line 10, change variable pointsPlus=false; to pointsPlus=true; To display whole point precision instead of 0.5 (matches exactly WW calculators), change the variable precisionWW to false on line 11

Edit - If you want it to round, it should actually be True on line 11 (not false as it says above)

Last edited by Aldergrove BC; 06-04-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Aldergrove BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #2  

Here is a picture of my mfp diary now...

Last edited by Aldergrove BC; 06-03-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #3  

It does count veggies and fruit as points, since I guess it doesn't know that the thing you are entering is a vegetable/fruit, and it's supposed to be 0.

I haven't decided yet if I will stop tracking them, or just do the calculation to delete the points.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #4  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldergrove BC View Post
It does count veggies and fruit as points, since I guess it doesn't know that the thing you are entering is a vegetable/fruit, and it's supposed to be 0.

I haven't decided yet if I will stop tracking them, or just do the calculation to delete the points.
Well, but the userscript itself is based on the old WW system, the one that did count fruit and vegetables, so I guess that's why. I'm actually toying with the idea of trying the old plan, so I think I'll leave the script as is. Thanks for this! I've always kinda wanted to be able to count points along with my calories, just to see how they compare!
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #5  

I think I'm going to leave it, and then in the notes section I will make a note of the points after I minus the veg and fruit. It is kind of nice to see. I was surprised that my banana would = 3 points if I were to count them.

I was going to pay for the WW app again, since I do like the WW plan, but I am trying to budget myself better and not spend so much $, save where I can, so happy I found this

Last edited by Aldergrove BC; 06-03-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #6  

Actually, after I changed the script it has my banana as 3 points. hmmm not sure if I am using the old verion of WW or the new version of WW script now? lol
Old 06-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #7  
Up and at 'em...again!

Haha, if it's counting your banana, then it must be using the old version (I think it was called the Momentum Plan?) I'm definitely going to stick with the script as is because I did the Momentum Plan when it was still in effect and I did really well on it (well, before I quit, bahahaha.) And besides...fruit has calories, so it only stands to reason that it should have points, too. If I don't see that I'm making any progress with the old plan, I'll change the script. (Maybe. LOL.)

Now all that has to happen is for there to be some way to convert my activity from my Fitbit into WW activity points! I don't actually use my APs, but still. It'd be nice to have a way to convert them.

Last edited by Snoofie; 06-03-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #8  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldergrove BC View Post
Actually, after I changed the script it has my banana as 3 points. hmmm not sure if I am using the old verion of WW or the new version of WW script now? lol
But then if it is the old system you would have more total points, or maybe a range of points. I remember back when a banana was equal to 1/2 a fruit. So that's why I limit my bananas to 1 a day.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #9  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
But then if it is the old system you would have more total points, or maybe a range of points.
On the Momentum plan, I *think* I had 34 points. I don't know why, but that number is really standing out in my head. Then when I joined in January 2011 and they were doing the Points Plus, I dropped to 29. And *then*, when Points Plus went through some kind of "tweak" part of the way through my weight loss, my daily points were recalculated at 26, but I didn't bother doing that and just stayed at 29.

.....Now I'm actually curious as to how many points I did have when I was doing the Momentum plan. Hmmmm.....*L*
Old 06-03-2014, 11:58 PM   #10  

I had the actual weight watchers app about 6 months ago, and I was at the lowest which is 26 points. I can't remember what I was on the last version when I did it a few years back. I'm going to guess the same as you at 29 points Snoofie.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:05 AM   #11  

When checking the points it's logging with a WW calculator, so for everything is adding up

I've changed mine to the new script since I always liked the points plus plan for not having to log every single veggie I eat, I will count fruit, and potatoes, corn etc still.

Last edited by Aldergrove BC; 06-04-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:52 AM   #12  
Less of a Better Me

I don't think it is the old program, it seems to count points mostly similar to how the WW calculator does them now. It is just that it is pulling the numbers without regard to whether something is a zero point food or not.

I use MFP but I also record food in the WW tools. I record the full food info in MFP then I just take the numbers and record them on the WW site to see the number of points. This might make that faster to do.

Hmmm: I installed it and my diary has a column now for points, but nothing is showing up in the column. It is just blank.

Edit: OK I got it to run. I was displaying calcium and for this to work you have to display (in this order) Calories, Carbs, Fat, Fiber and Protein and nothing in the last column.

I changed line 10 to True for Points Plus and line 11 was already false. However, it is still rounding to the half point but I can live with that.

Last edited by Koshka; 06-04-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

The old points system had 18 as your minimum point number. I was very successful and lost the second half of my pregnancy weight (40lbs) with it.

I still count both calories and points and my calories typically end up in the 900-1000 range at 18pts.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #14  

Oh right munchy, I remember that 18 number now

Koshka, I think you are right, it can't know that something is a Veg or Fruit so it is going to count it, there is probably just no way around that.

I changed line 11 to True and that made it round everything.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #15  
Less of a Better Me

I changed 11 to true as well and it rounded. The thing I read said to put line 11 at false to get it to round, but it should be true.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote