Old 06-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 6 (06/02-06/08)

CONGRATULATIONS TO abetterme and seaurchin for being our biggest losers the week. your doing awesome.

Well I'm here to acknowledge that I have been a horrible leader so far and I apologize for that.

I have gained huge amounts of weight over the last two weeks and I know my eating has been out of control. Once I saw my weight again this morning I knew things had to change and I promise I will do better.

I don't know if it will drop off as I'm going to re-up my exercise at the same time as try to get this uncontrollable eating under some type of control. I do know that I will give the last half of this challenge and all of you my best efforts.

I have been blaming some on the crazy life I've been leading the last fee months and my moms upcoming surgery on the 9th. However these are all just excuses and I will now be holding my self accountable. Not only to myself but to my team as well.

Thanks for sticking it out with me Blue Team. Here is to better weeks ahead

My biggest thing is night time snacking and it's only habit not hunger. This week I will vow to cut down all my night snacking unless I am actually hungry

Let us know if there is something you want to change this week
Old 06-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Sorry for my absence this weigh-in, folks. It was my son's birthday and my sister and BIL came to visit, so I decided to take my first cheat day in several months on Saturday and we spent all day yesterday at the zoo. It was really fun, and I know the walking we did yesterday took off a bit of the extra calories, but I'm still up a couple pounds. Hopefully it's just water weight!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #3  

Morning just thought I'd let you know that in addition to my regular workouts I'll be doing for June these two 30 day challenges.
I'm doing abs & squats + the arm challenge if anyone wants to join me

I did fantastic with my eating yesterday. Here to a great day 2.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP day.

BigChiefHoho - sometimes a day out with the family is what is needed. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm sure the weight will come off quickly.

It's not the one or two treat meals or even the one or two treat days that stay with us it's the three week to a month junk food binges that really catch up with a person. This is our life we are meant to enjoy it and be able to eat whatever we want.....moderation is the key. I just lost mine for a bit.

Last edited by Bigmid; 06-02-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hope everyone has a great week this week. Starting level two of 30 day shred this morning.
Have a great day!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone hope you all have a great day.

I was good again yesterday had an awesome workout but gave in to my dreaded peppermints at the end of the night.

Abetterme how was Level 2. I did that workout a couple years ago and it's good. I just couldn't finish as I couldn't listen to Jillian's voice one more day. Got about 21 days in
Old 06-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Haha it's challenging! I've done it a few times before too. I'm a little sore but I'm sweating enough so I'm happy. Sometimes I want to just mute Jillian, though.
This week I've been back up a couple pounds. Not sure why. Might be muscle. I'm hoping!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:50 AM   #7  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats to the losers. I know it's been rough for a few of us, but we haven't given up. This week has been going pretty well for me food wise. I learned that I need to be consistent and keep the same food schedule everyday. That and dessert foods with lots of sugar trigger a binge. Maybe one day I'll be able to have the occasional dessert without bingeing, but for now I should just avoid it. Now to get back into exercising.

I hope everyone has a great week.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #8  

Yeah, Bigmid, I agree. I think it's necessary just for mental health to have a day out with family now and again. And the weight IS coming back off fast. I'm thinking it was mostly water weight.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #9  

Hi I'm checking in to see how everyone is doing. Seems like all is good and we are learning about our triggers and what we can and can't do. I know we already knew this about ourselves but sometime it's nice to know your not alone in it all.

I had a small victory today. Was at meetings this morning and took a muffin. Only ate about 2/3. Then at lunch I had more salad, small bun but only ate 1/2 the bread and didn't take any of the lovely desserts that were set out. :-). Yay me!!

Tonight is was a bit more hungry so maybe ate a bit more than I should have....still not over full though so it should be alright and I had a great workout just before hand.

I hope I lose this week I'm not letting myself step on the scale I between WI so I don't know. Part of me feels bigger when I do this as my head does and says crazy things.

Hope you all have a great night
Old 06-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #10  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Bigmid - Hooray for small victories. They really help on this journey.

I weighed in this morning and am down 4 lbs! I guess eating healthy does have its perks. I can't believe I'm in the 170s. It only took about 8 months.

Hope everyone is staying on plan.

Last edited by Robot; 06-05-2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 06-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #11  

Boy I have been really struggling too in this challenge, much more then typical, but this week I have just made up my mind that I will not give up. I may not do perfectly what I have visualized in my mind but I will not quit either.

Victory for me so far has been I have been consistently getting a couple of miles of walking in a day. I feel so much better for having that under my belt. I would like to be doing more but am very happy that I have managed to do that.

Food, not 100% but a good solid 85%. I'll take it, regardless of what the scale looks like this weekend.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals! sorry that i've been AWOL this week. I've been getting ready for vacation and have worked double duty in order to complete some projects at work. I haven't exercised as much this week, but the good news I'm still down a pound. For once in my life, i'm not worried about gaining weight while on vacation. My husband and I have planned many hiking and outdoor activities. I will weigh in tomorrow, but it may be difficult for me to weigh in the next two sundays. I will do my best to find a scale somewhere in the middle of nowhere! Best wishes to all of you.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #13  

It was a good week this week. Felt more in control which has allowed me to stop stressing so much. Not a huge loss but moving in the right direction for the first time in a long time. My only goal for this week is to maintain what I have accomplished then repeat last week.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #14  

Well, it's not much, but I DID lose this week! 0.2 lb, haha. I guess every little bit helps. Hopefully next week is a little more productive. Good luck, everybody!