Old 06-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Smile Starting IP Phase 1

Hello!

I've been a lurker here for awhile, but finally decided to join the IP party. I want to start IP tomorrow (June 2nd), but I'm recovering from a cold and take Nyquil at night.

Should I wait until I fully recover from my cold to start IP?
DeSaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #2  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hmmmm...maybe some seasoned vets might have "real" advice. But, some people feel rotten the first few days (Keto-flu ). Maybe you just get that over while you're sick too? If Nyquil has sugar, you could switch to a pill cold medicine.

BTW...I didn't have the Keto-flu ...so maybe you won't either! No time like the present to five right in! There will never be a convenient time to diet. You will always have an upcoming trip or a wedding or a cold or an office party....

Good luck!!!!#
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

If your mind is in the right place in regards to IP, I would start ASAP, strike while the iron is hot. Every day you delay is potentially a day you get caught up in life and do not get that momentum directed in a positive IP way?
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #4  
Started IP 6-2-14

Hi DeSaini! I'm starting IP Phase 1 with alternatives today so I have no advice Just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon.
Italophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #5  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default start

Today is my start! I had a whole week of plans. Joining a friend for happy hour, eating out with my family after graduation. I didn't know when or how to start. I agree, there never is a good time to start.

This site looks like it will be very supportive. I am excited to start this journey.
Lala2therescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 190.6 / 177.6 / 140

Height: 5'2"

Hi DeSaini- Likewise, I just started IP Friday and had a sore throat/had a miserable cold all day Saturday which was fine Sunday. I just kept plugging away on plan, otherwise, out of my misery I think I would have emotionally overate comfort food! ..No advice here since I'm so new myself. Just wanted to extend a welcome to IP and hope you're feeling better
gypsette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Today is my start! I had a whole week of plans. Joining a friend for happy hour, eating out with my family after graduation. I didn't know when or how to start. I agree, there never is a good time to start.

This site looks like it will be very supportive. I am excited to start this journey.

I'm in my third week. I joined on a Friday and my coach asked me if I was going to wait until Monday to start, I said, "No way! I am starting RIGHT NOW!!"
I was ready.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #8  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

You know what they say, "Feed a fever, starve a cold." I say, dive in! Seriously, some people truly believe that eating minimally while sick reserves more energy for your body to use in healing itself (Dr. Andrew Wiel, for instance).

Look, chances are, the next few days are going to be rough anyway, so you might as well get it all over with at once. That's my opinion.

Btw, NyQuil comes in pill form without the sugar, so pick some up. I just took it last week and can attest that it is just as effective.

Good luck!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

I'm curious what you decided to do?
tamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #10  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
You know what they say, "Feed a fever, starve a cold." I say, dive in! Seriously, some people truly believe that eating minimally while sick reserves more energy for your body to use in healing itself (Dr. Andrew Wiel, for instance).

Look, chances are, the next few days are going to be rough anyway, so you might as well get it all over with at once. That's my opinion.

Btw, NyQuil comes in pill form without the sugar, so pick some up. I just took it last week and can attest that it is just as effective.

Good luck!
Sylviesgirl! Look at you! I remember when you first started! You've come so far! Great job! Nice to see you're still around!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
I'm curious what you decided to do?
I decided to start today (6/3). I still have a bit of a cold, but it's not too bad.

Your profile picture looks familiar. You may be in one of my FB IP groups.
DeSaini is offline   Reply With Quote