Old 10-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #1  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Default 2013 Challenge - The Rest of the Story

Hi All,

Here's a continuation of the Challenge thread. A thread dedicated to giving ourselves a self challenge to reach our goals. Currently we have me, Tera, Glynne and Darcy working towards meeting our goals.

Please join us. We could use all the support we can as we make this lifelong journey.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Eeks. I'm still munching but I've been tracking the calories like I promised for October. Yesterday I was a little under 1400 calls, mostly because I had a mocha right before yoga and it made my stomach queasy. Thus, ending my eating for the day. I guess that worked. I also rode my bike yesterday morning. I don't have a lot of hope for keeping my cals in the good range. But I did elliptical this morning. I will post the cal totals tomorrow.

Tera, I'm glad the Y exercise is getting easier on your body. Painful workouts just are bad once we hit 50 years old.

Hi Gayle and Darcy!!!
Marie
Old 10-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #3  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

I haven't eaten well in a couple days, or exercised. Too much else on my mind. My dad has been in the hospital and was given the news today that he probably only has 3-6 weeks to live.

Headed back up to Ohio then to get to spend some time with Dad and help figure out what to do with mom. She has dementia and can not take care of herself. Help out what ever way I can.

You all keep on keeping on.

Take care ~ Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #4  
Want to feel better

Dad passed away about 3:45 this morning.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I am so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your dear father. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #6  
Lifelong Journey Member

Gayle I am so sorry your dad passed away so quickly. My thoughts are with you and the difficult days you have ahead. Know we're thinking of you.

Tera and Darcy, I hope all are well with you.

I will have to admit my calories aren't pretty. Today's will be 1759 and yesterday was 1777 - at least I'm consistent. I practiced yoga before work and then worked late. Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! Yay on that.
Marie
Old 10-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #7  

I am doing the same on the calorie totals-although far higher than yours as usual. I have not been able to get to the Y due to a bad back-it will heal itself in time but I need to be more careful. Anyway, I do feel guilty about all my caloric indulgences. I see a correction in my near future.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #8  
Want to feel better

Thank you for your kind words, thoughts, prayers and support.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #9  

lots of cals, no exercise but I did put the pumpkin pie back at the store. It was in my cart and I right away felt guilty so I put it back. Still, I am missin it tonite.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, at missing the pumpkin pie. I'm torn on cravings. I know that if I don't have something I want (that I'd be torn on), I will eat around the craving and most of the time spend more calories ignoring it but eventually (a week later) giving in. I've been that way about scones lately. And of course, that's a reason my calories are too high. I hit just over 2100 cals yesterday and 2000 on Friday. I've been trying to find a good scone recipe and think yesterday's was good but I made it wrong. So I'm going to try again. Thankfully, each scone is only 210 cals. If I have just one, then that's not too bad.

I hope your back gets better Tera. Did you just pull something or is it more chronic? My neck pain is finally easing after 4 weeks. At this point, I'm no longer taking moving my head from side to side for granted. I hope your back eases quicker than my neck did.

Today is yoga day. DH does yoga with me once a week. I think my 3X a week is probably more beneficial but he is trying. I'm noticing I'm getting more flexible. The only day I'm not is on Thursday mornings because I do it right after waking up. My body is definitely getting older as it takes more time than 15 minutes to limber up the joints before yoga poses.
Marie
Old 10-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #11  

My cals are still high-so far 1690 and I have not had dinner yet. I am heading to the Y soon for a step class so I will get that in. This weekend I got in a great hike at a state park and several hours of yard work. I love being outdoors. I have slowed down with the weight gain lately so I am getting closer to making a correction.

Marie-my back pain is pretty much chronic. As long as I exercise on a regular basis I am fine but when other things get in the way of my schedule, then things go bad quickly. That is when I have to be very careful at my Y classes or working in the yard or I end up in considerable pain. It does get better in a matter of days though. Before I figured out how to exercise and exercise correctly, I had pretty much constant pain and not much mobility in my back or neck-and I was only in my forties then! Oh well, I figured out the magic but there are many abdominal exercises where I cannot keep up with other people. Glad to hear your neck muscles are recovering. Scones sound delish!
Old 10-08-2013, 03:54 AM   #12  
Darcy

S/C/G: 170.6/156.6/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hi ladies! My apologies...the cake weekend wore me out with little sleep, and then right back to a week of work and kids, and then this weekend was one of my long work weekends with bedtimes that nearly saw the sunrise and one that did see the sunrise. Trying to get through work tonight in hopes of starting to catch up on sleep. I've been MIA for too long though and thought I'd at least stop by to say "hi" on my way back to my other screen that's calling me. Will post as soon as I can! :-)
Mom2TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #13  
Lifelong Journey Member

Glad you stopped by Darcy! I don't think I'd like your schedule at all. When do you have fun???

Tera, I hear you about not moving causing chronic pain. I'm there with hip pain if I don't move. How is your job going?

Gayle, I hope you're doing ok during this hard time.

Yesterday's cals were 1738 - at least they were down from the weekend. Certainly not where they need to be but better. Today, I'm in a chocoholic mood and that never turns out well. But I will persevere. My goal is 1500 cals. I will make it. I biked before work and will yoga afterwards. Tuesday is my only 2X a day exercise day. But as I'm starting to like yoga (EEKS - did that come out of my fingertips???) I don't mind. I was efficient post bike ride this morning and found 15 minutes to quilt a little. That was REALLY nice. I wish I could stay home and quilt all day.
Marie
Old 10-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #14  

cals-2030, exerc-body sculpt at the Y

Darcy-Your routine sounds familiar to mine way back when. Enjoy the wild rumpus.

Marie-The job is going well. Thx for asking. Working 29 hours a week is a breeze.Plus, it is a very short commute. I haven't quite figured out what to do with the extra time between getting off work and going to the Y yet. It is a bit short to really get much done but I will get it figured out. I really don't think I want to change my exercise schedule. Great cals yesterday- I am inspired!

Last edited by TERAPET; 10-08-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #15  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, 29 hours a week sounds like a good amount. You'll figure out what to do with the time. Maybe a walk around the Y track (if they have one).

I missed on the calories yesterday. I thought I'd stayed near 1500 cals (and not because I made good food choices) but then right before bed, I remembered having a 100 cal snack pack in the morning that didn't get logged. So I was just a hair over 1600 cals. Not bad but the food choices were horrendous!!!! I had tortilla chips for dinner. Truthfully they were snarfed down on my way home from work and then just became dinner as I had to not eat the rest of the day. The good part is that I took the rest of the bag and smashed the rest and threw them away. And I really don't want another tortilla chip. I think I hit saturation. Another good is that I already logged my breakfast, added my lunch that I brought and added my afternoon mocha and my little ice cream cone. So I know how many calories I have without losing those things. Again, that is progress since I fell off the wagon. Happily the exercise is still in good order.
Marie