General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Public Service Announcement and Airing of Grievances

Please for the good of the world - COVER YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU COUGH AND WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY WHEN YOU ARE ILL.

UGH. Three, THREE people have been sick in my office in the last week and the annoying busybody who sits directly behind me has been hacking up her lungs in the most disgusting, non-polite way possible and NOT covering her mouth.

Now, I too am ill. AND P!SSED. Today was supposed to be my last day with my trainer (ran out of money and will have to re-sign up next month after my vacation) and I had to cancel. I've been feeling fine until this morning when it hit me.

SUPER DISAPPOINTED.
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

A lot of people do not seem to know how illness is spread so its a good message to share.

also its a good idea to stay home when you are really feeling crappy, even if its a cold. This will help prevent others getting it too. people always seem to minimise the illness quality of a cold but when bad, they can really wreck your life for a week or so.

That said, if people need to cough, they can't help how it sounds. Its not impolite to cough.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #3  

I know it's not impolite to cough - I was trying to drive home the point of how ignorantly dramatic she is. Honestly, you'd feel the same way if you've sat in front of her for 3 years and had been subject to her germ spreading ways for just as long! (she's the same person who talks to customers and vendors on the phone WHILE chewing food - I can't see a valid excuse for that)
Old 05-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #4  
maintaining since 9/2013

Sorry to hear you are sick. What did she say when you asked her to cover her mouth when coughing and wash her hands?

For future reference, here's something that might help you avoid catching colds: absolutely do not touch your face without washing your hands first. That means no rubbing your eyes, no resting cheek on your hand, etc. It's really hard to practice this but gets easier as you do it more. It will prevent you from catching whatever's going around the office.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #5  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

When my nearby coworker was sick, I kept cleaning my desk area to include the keyboard and phone and when he wasn't there the place on my cube he kept putting his hands when he was leaning on the wall. I felt like a bit of a nutter, but I didn't get sick...

Hope you're feeling better soon, lots of liquids, helps thin the mucus and get as much rest as you can, let your body heal.

Sorry about your trainer session!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Sorry to hear you are sick. What did she say when you asked her to cover her mouth when coughing and wash her hands?

For future reference, here's something that might help you avoid catching colds: absolutely do not touch your face without washing your hands first. That means no rubbing your eyes, no resting cheek on your hand, etc. It's really hard to practice this but gets easier as you do it more. It will prevent you from catching whatever's going around the office.
Ugh, she is one of those people who just don't "critique" - she'll throw you under the bus faster than anyone. I didn't out right ask her, but I did loudly exclaim that we should all start wearing SARS masks around here lol. Seriously, she's late fifties typical tupperware sales lady/church lady - she should know better!! lol

you're right about the face touching, but it's so hard! lol i try to be more aware of it when i'm at work but i do it so much!

Last edited by kaybee1; 05-08-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Face touching is crucial. Also, blow your nose HARD several times per day. That clears our a shocking amount of colonization that can take hold.

I try to teach my kids to cough in their sleeve but one is fairly forgetful of it compared to the rest. I think some people, like my daughter, do know better but forget when they're not actively thinking about it!

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 05-09-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #8  
Optifaster

S/C/G: 355/*Pokes tracker*/185

Height: 5'1

OK I just HAVE to say something because it's WAY too small of a world... KayBee1 and i used to work together.. and I know who she's referring to.. and OMG If anything she's under-exagerating the insanity.

I feel for you :S Sorry you got sick!!! Was your trainer able to re-schedule?

P.S SUPER CONGRATS On the weight loss!!!! (And have you guessed who I am? though it's probably really obvious lol)
Fawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #9  
Warrior Princess

Ugh..Sorry you're sick. This subject really gets me going.

Some people are extremely inconsiderate. I've had MANY people come in, or bring me their snot-nosed kids to get their hair cut while ill. Kids sneezing, coughing and wiping their nose on my freaking cape. I had one guy profusely hacking on my (once sanitary) work station and on the money while he was counting it to pay after telling me he has bronchitis. I asked if he was on antibiotics and he said no. Really!? STAY THE **** HOME! A haircut isn't a priority.

I keep a can of Lysol in my station. I can't stand people like this.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #10  

bahaah i just saw this post now and OBVIOUSLY i know who you are. WILLKOMMEN!!!