Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:02 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 5/30/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-30-2014, 06:06 AM   #2  

Default Beck diet Solution

Frida weekend warmup

This weekend, keep in mind that you won’t regret what you don’t eat (or drink)! It can feel really hard in the moment to decide against a second glass of wine or another piece of cake, but once the situation has passed, you’ll always feel happy that you didn’t give in.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #3  
Started IP 5/6/12

Happy Friday
Old 05-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default 3Gryos Dressing

Has anyone tried this?? It is 0 calories, well 0 everything....was wondering about the taste? Im not a fan of WF.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:40 AM   #5  

Happy Friday. I started my plan yesterday and thought I would never fall asleep last night! I made a bunch of trips to the bathroom....oh the water....and I felt oh so hungry. I thought, "this diet is stupid", and I was very tempted to get up and eat a bagel. Carbs anyone?

Well I resisted the urge, fell asleep, slept great, and woke up this morning feeling fine! I had to laugh at myself! Lol...thought I was gonna up and die from starvation after one day!:-)

Great forum! Thanks for all the great info!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:29 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
Has anyone tried this?? It is 0 calories, well 0 everything....was wondering about the taste? Im not a fan of WF.
Can you be a little more specific? I find a bunch of flavors from that company. Which one are you looking at?
Old 05-30-2014, 07:31 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitTrish61 View Post
Well I resisted the urge, fell asleep, slept great, and woke up this morning feeling fine! I had to laugh at myself! Lol...thought I was gonna up and die from starvation after one day!:-)
Yeah, funny what we can convince ourselves of isn't it? At least you have a sense of humor about it - you'll do great!

Congrats on getting through Day 1!

And Happy Friday everyone! I love 3 day weekends and hate 4 day work weeks!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #8  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitTrish61 View Post
Happy Friday. I started my plan yesterday and thought I would never fall asleep last night! I made a bunch of trips to the bathroom....oh the water....and I felt oh so hungry. I thought, "this diet is stupid", and I was very tempted to get up and eat a bagel. Carbs anyone?

Great forum! Thanks for all the great info!
Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
We will all be here to support you, one day at a time. Good luck
Old 05-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Hooray - I have now moved out of the official BMI "Obese" category and moved into the only "Overweight" category! My BMI is now below 30%.

I know that in some sense, the official formula for the BMI is arbitrary and not always accurate, but it is still a gauge and a way to set goals and milestones.

Next BMI goal is to move into the "normal" category but that will take another 39 pounds. I have a few other goals I can make before then. Next is -100 pounds while on IP (I started low carbs on my own before IP and hit -112 today).

Sun is shining, good day!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:27 AM   #10  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Hooray - I have now moved out of the official BMI "Obese" category and moved into the only "Overweight" category! My BMI is now below 30%.

I know that in some sense, the official formula for the BMI is arbitrary and not always accurate, but it is still a gauge and a way to set goals and milestones.

Next BMI goal is to move into the "normal" category but that will take another 39 pounds. I have a few other goals I can make before then. Next is -100 pounds while on IP (I started low carbs on my own before IP and hit -112 today).

Congrats to you! What amazing accomplishments you've made. Keep it up!!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Ketosis!

My coach called me last night to check in and mentioned I should be in ketosis today. I had tested yesterday and there MIGHT have been a slight trace of color, but I figured I was just talking myself into it. I tested again this morning, and it was one step above a trace. I'm officially in fat-burning mode! I already feel lighter but the scale hasn't budged yet (I'm on day 4). I'm sure it will soon though!

On a less positive note, the headache!!! I've felt fine every day so far but woke up in the middle of the night burning hot and with a headache. Managed to fall back asleep but the headache has persisted this morning, even after taking some advil. It isn't terrible, more like a slight hangover. I've been good on my salt and water intake - anything else I should try or do I just need to tough it out?
Old 05-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #12  
Evemomma

My sneak peek at my scale read another few pounds down since returning from my trip. It has been soooooo nice to be home, eat OP and fix my own food.

As a pear-shape...my pants are getting nicely loose (the ones I wore before i grew out of them). But my shirts are getting really big (lost 3 inches on my bust..waaah). Any tips to make them work while i get to desired weight? Or do i thrift shop? I need to have some professional options for my work.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Frida weekend warmup

This weekend, keep in mind that you won’t regret what you don’t eat (or drink)! It can feel really hard in the moment to decide against a second glass of wine or another piece of cake, but once the situation has passed, you’ll always feel happy that you didn’t give in.
Isn't that the truth! Actually had that happen this week and am so happy that I passed on the wine! And only had a couple bites of cake! The old me would've indulged then felt gross. Feeling good is so worth it!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

That is amazing! Good for you!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #15  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
My coach called me last night to check in and mentioned I should be in ketosis today. I had tested yesterday and there MIGHT have been a slight trace of color, but I figured I was just talking myself into it. I tested again this morning, and it was one step above a trace. I'm officially in fat-burning mode! I already feel lighter but the scale hasn't budged yet (I'm on day 4). I'm sure it will soon though!

On a less positive note, the headache!!! I've felt fine every day so far but woke up in the middle of the night burning hot and with a headache. Managed to fall back asleep but the headache has persisted this morning, even after taking some advil. It isn't terrible, more like a slight hangover. I've been good on my salt and water intake - anything else I should try or do I just need to tough it out?
Yay for Ketosis!!!! Maybe some coffee? Caffiene is a natural vasorestrictor. Hopefully keto gives you a burst of energy (it did me) and full feeling!
Closed Thread