Old 05-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #1  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Red Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 5 (05/26-06/01)

Okee .. here we are 4 weeks down Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend that celebrated it and you are all safe and sound wherever you are

Had a working weekend and still another 3 days to got (yep .. another 6 day working week! 5 in a row now) .. starting to get a little tired now, but hopefully next week I will get a couple of days off .. even if they aren't next to each other I will be happy lol.

Off to start up the other threads for this week
Old 05-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #2  
Trying again

And before anyone comments .. yes I put the wrong month on the nutrition thread title .. sue me ... be happy that I started it on the right day for you instead
Old 05-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Looks like we had a pretty good week again!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #4  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I dunno. Looks like a lot of people missed weigh-in. Hopefully this week will be better. Come on team....let's do this!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Red Team Results:

Total Lost: -5.1 lbs (-0.21%)

Red Team Biggest Loser: dangerouscurves76 (-2.5 lbs, -1.62%)

Honourable Mentions:

MissSMcC (-2 lbs, -0.84%)
kris2008 (-0.8 lbs, -0.52%)
Old 05-26-2014, 09:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Novus is right... a lot of team members missed the weigh in 5 freebies were used.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #7  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Oops, I just noticed I posted in last week's thread earlier, my mind has really been frazzled lol, well done everyone that weighed in
Old 05-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #8  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default RED TEAM wins second week in a row! woo-hoo :)

Hi all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I sure did.

Spent some quality time with friends and family enjoying a local music festival. Managed to not overeat. (Though I suspect that I still screwed up by drinking too many adult beverages.) Oh well, had a great time. And now I'm right back on track today.

The long weekend has thrown my schedule off a bit. So I didn't get much sleep last night. Strangely enough, I'm looking forward to getting home so I can work out tonight. Must be starting to the miss the endorphins!

Goals for this week: maintain weight loss, watch carb intake, continue daily workouts and increase protein intake.

Hang in there RED TEAM! We can do this!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #9  
Trying again

Wow .. 5 Rated?? Ouch and one or two with no loss ... yep .. definitely a hard hit week .. but that is ok team .. we can recover Im a sure and on the plus side the team didn't go up

Well done DC for being this weeks BL and also to MISS & KRIS for your mentions .. great job for the team

Well .. I did it .. I went to a gym!! Yep .. my first go on a Vibra-fit machine thingy .. and I now have a trainer! It was weird when I was on the Vibra that I felt like I wasn't doing enough cos I wasn't sweating like a piglet in a blanket or puffing lol .. but the trainer assured me that I really was doing a full 30-45 min workout in the 10 minutes I was on it .. darned if I could see how .. so I asked her after it if it was ok to add on a walk on the treadmill so I felt like I was actually working out .. she said ok but only gentle walking and 15 min max .. so I followed one of those directions and did 15 min .. the whole gentle thing didn't work cos I couldn't walk at a slow rate and feel comfortable lol .. funnily enough when I got off the machine my legs felt like they had walked for an HOUR!! Had a lovely shower and was feeling great until I went to go back down the stairs from the gym to head home and stepping down my legs felt really wobbly lol ... soooo maybe that machine does do more than I thought .. glad I followed at least the 15 min instruction lol ... I have already booked in with the trainer for tomorrow (Thursday) AND signed in for part of the Pilates class in the morning (trainer is in the afternoon) .. never done pilates before but I am curious about it so will give it a go The trainer is impressed with my loss so far, but we want to start toning and slowing the loss so my body has time to tighten up and build up some muscle .. OH .. and my body fat is now UNDER the 50% .. by 0.1% but hey its under lol .. last time I was measured I was over 60%! So yay And I like their scales more than my home ones lol .. but will see what they say on Friday when I weigh in properly

Hope everyone had a good weekend and they enjoyed their time with friends and family, and if you felt you were a little naughty please don't feel too guilty about it otherwise really it was a waste of a treat .. enjoy, embrace and learn .. then carry on Hugs all
Old 05-28-2014, 02:15 PM   #10  
Unstoppable Force

Nightkatt, I have no idea what a "Vibra-fit machine thingy" is but it sounds naughty.

Congrats DC for being the biggest loser this week! You definitely earned it...you've been really rockin' your plan!

Nothing new for me to report. Just doin' the food and doin' the exercise. Kinna hitting that "Am I skinny YET?!?" place mentally, though.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #11  
Trying again

NOVUS - LOL .. its one of those machines you stand on the shake the bejeepers out of you lol .. only my trainer doesn't want me just standing on it so its step ups, crunches (weirdest feeling!!) and then on the plus side at the end of the workout I get to lie across the base and get a shaky massage lol ...

Happy weigh in today for me .. thank goodness Was a little worried I would have gone up after yesterdays double work out .. but maybe that won't hit until tomorrow when i will have time for it to come off before my next weigh in lol. Doc won't be happy with the 2 pound rather than the 1 pound target he set .. but I will just say it was the exercise and I couldn't help it lol .. still waiting for new on my blood test from Tuesday, but I figure no news is good news right
Grey, cold and rainy here in Wellington, New Zealand .. so on goes the sparkly top and red jacket to perk me up for the day lol .. hope everyone has a great day and we don't get too many freebies being used this week .. from the looks of things there aren't many that have any spares!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #12  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up

Hey RED TEAM!

Hope everyone had a great OP week and is ready to weigh-in this weekend! Are you ready? I'm not expecting much of a loss since I had a big one last week. But anything is possible!

Nightkatt and Novus: Thanks for the acknowledgement. It felt good to be able to help out the team. You both inspire me to try a little harder. Way to go with the new workout and trainer Nightkatt! That's fantastic news!

Mini update: Continuing to work out and watch my diet. Added a few more carbs this week cause I can't seem to get through my p.m. cardio without them. And did a bit more low impact cardio cause my previously injured knees were screaming "Give us a BREAK already!"

Ok...so here's the high point of my week! I booked a mini vacation to Jamaica in August! I haven't been anywhere that would require a bikini in about 5 years!!! Maybe longer. My cousin asked me if I wanted to spend a day zoning out at the beach. And my first response was uhhhhhhh NO! And then I thought about it. Time to pull it together and remember my more self-acceptance goal. OMG...I've got to go bathing suit shopping!!! lol. Super excited.

Well that's it for now. Don't forget to weigh-in RED TEAM!
Old 05-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #13  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurves76
Ok...so here's the high point of my week! I booked a mini vacation to Jamaica in August!
That sounds amazing!

My food and exercise were a bit off all week but I did lose 1.8 pounds. (1.8 seems to be my magic number....what is up with that?). And of course the scale wouldn't give me just a teensy bit more so I could be in the 160s. Nope, 170 even. *grumble*

I went for a run first thing this morning. 2.5 miles with walk intervals. It was one of those runs that reminded me why I love running so much! And I made a fantastic yummy breakfast pizza that I scarfed down after the run. Also, almost an entire cantaloupe. Today is definitely off to a good start....plus I have a two-day weekend (which like never happens because I work two part time jobs and my schedule is weird).

Have a great weekend team! Don't forget to weigh-in!!!!

Last edited by Novus; 05-31-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #14  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

DC - wow, Jamaica! That sounds amazing!

Weigh in day tomorrow ladies, don't forget! I see we have already lost a couple of team mates because of missed weigh ins, and we still have a long way to go.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Sorry guys! The scale is not my friend this week. I stayed on course but went up .4. I hate when that happens! Here's to a good first week of June!!