Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #1  

Default I finally registered for a half marathon!!

I did it I signed up for a half marathon that is in 4 months. I have plenty of time to train I have already been increasing my long run. I did 8 miles today, the longest I have ever ran!!!! :c arrot:

I'm so excited!! I was wanting to do this a few years ago when I was running but I went through 2 pregnancies losses and then got pregnant and gave birth to my last baby...This has also given me new focus to get the last 20-30 pounds off because I want to be the healthiest I can be for the race. I know I CAN run it at this weight, but it would be so much easier to ditch the extra weight.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Good luck and well done. I'd like to do a half marathon. My longest run is 12 miles and I try to run 10-12 miles one day a week now I have joined a running club. Until recently, I was running 3-4 miles a day. And then one day I went out and bashed out 12. I find running with other people really helps me.

And, yes, less weight helps too. I find every 5lb loss makes a huge difference.

Last edited by IanG; 05-21-2014 at 08:53 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Best wishes to you. I envy that you can run it. I walked my first (and last) marathon at my heaviest weight and just about ruined my feet. LOL. Next time will be better. Have fun doing it.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Good luck! That sounds really exciting. I've kind of got my eye on a half in December, but my long run is only 3 miles right now, so I'm not sure if it's a great idea this year.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #5  

Thank you all! I am very excited!...I have found since registering I am very focused on eating well, and taking the weight off in a healthy way (no crash diets). It has really given me a goal, and I cant believe the difference actually registering has had on me...I hope this continues.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote