Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Thumbs up Okay - MAY, Time for Worldlies To Get Their Arses in Gear

There you go, done.

May has arrived and with it a huge amount of work to do. I have three URGENT things on my desk which have a finish date of yesterday (of course)
So if I am a bit terse, sparse or completely missing, it's due to the avalanche of paperwork on my desk.
To check on APRIL thread Click here > http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4995243

Last edited by Shad; 04-30-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #2  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Shad - Thanks for starting the new thread. Now it's time for me to get my arse in gear. Just a few more hours until my advanced back exercise class...so I know I'll give more core a good workout. Good luck with your time travel (so you can deliver the urgent tasks yesterday).
Old 04-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thanks Shad for setting up the new thread.

I'm so ready for these last couple of hours to end. I'm heading out the door in the morning around 10 a.m. to Branson and my friend cancelled her end. I'm free. Kind of figured she would do this and she told me that she would not plan any more vacations with me. I'm not even going to ask her.
Getting used to running the plant from the psi gauge still not sure how many feet is in there. And you know what I don't care if I run it over again. And I'm not sure whether or not it will be any time soon for them to get the replacement parts. !!!!!! !May be a good time to retire. hmmmmmmmmmm that sounds good.

Michelle
I really need to get myself together and start at least strength training again. Put my hand on my bicep and nearly fainted. I have very little muscle. It's all gone to fat and I used to be solid there.

Jolly
How is your dog?

Terra
Congrats on the weight loss. That's great.

Susie
I'm curious about the MRI also.

Happy
How are things moving at the thrift shop? Is it opening tomorrow?

Annie
Who knows the temp jobs could turn into a real one. That's a lot of fish.

Laura
Sorry your job is becoming more stressful. Hang in there.

Hello to the rest. I'll check in when I get to Branson
Old 04-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I like the new thread title! It's going to be a challenge for me with my foot issue but I'm confident that I can come up with some sort of cardio workout to do. I've been looking at hand and foot exerciser. And of course I can do other upper body workouts with weights as well.

My MRI was LONG! I had to do it with and without contrast. I was there 2.5 hours! They had issues with trying to give me the shot with the contrast. They tried 4 times--finally they got into a vein (I have issues with this often). They blew 3 other veins trying to get one to work. I felt like crying as I was so worn out from it all.

Hopefully I will know something soon. Also, my Ortho wants to send me for a DXA scan to check my bone density. I feel like I'm falling apart! and I know that being overweight isn't helping.

So my arse has got to get in gear!

Terra: 12 lbs gone! GREAT job!

Annie: Good to see you here. I understand the 24/7 issue..especially when you are used to having your own routine.

Shad: Thanks for starting the new thread and be careful with that paperwork! I know how it is..I feel like I"m drowning in mine sometime.

I've got to get out of here and head home.

I hope to have more time tomorrow for personals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hand and foot exerciser.jpg (26.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #5  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - Yay!!! I'm SO happy that your pushy friend backed out!! You truly are free to enjoy your vacation with your family and high school friend!! ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!

Susie - Wow! That is a long MRI!! And so exhausting!! Sending you hugs.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #6  

Morning all. Chilly first of May. Not thrilled to be wearing a sweater and t-neck, as well as a scarf and gloves, but c'est la vie. Springtime in the Midwest.

Shad – Thanks for starting our new thread. Hope you’re digging out from under all that paperwork and avoiding papercuts, LOL.

Michelle – How was the advanced back exercise class?

Ceejay – Safe travels! I’m glad your friend isn’t coming along with you – you don’t need the stress, you need a nice relaxing vacation!! Enjoy!

Susie – Sounds like the MRI was a real ordeal! I hope they find something helpful so they can get you going on your recovery. Our gym has one of those arm pedaling machines, noticed a guy using it last night.

Hellos to the rest of you!
--
I went to the gym with bf last night and bf’s friend also met us there. I did a total of 30 min cardio, split between elliptical, rowing machine and spin bike. After that I did a plank, two sets of pushups and a bit of ab work. It was hot in the gym, especially on the 2nd floor where the ellipticals and other cardio equipment is. I think that sapped some of my energy right from the get-go. At least I moved my arse.

Today I’m taking our admin out to lunch, just the two of us. Our boss has also invited us to department lunch tomorrow as a farewell. Neither of us are thrilled about it, but so be it. Tomorrow is the admin’s last day here. I bought her a card yesterday. We have two internal candidates for her job, and maybe an external one lined up. I’ll be busy after this week with covering some of the critical admin work and interviewing, on top of my own work.

Okay, gotta run. Everyone have a great day.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #7  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Long day of hard work yesterday. Got all the new furniture and fixtures in at the shop - it's going to look GORGEOUS. Those poor guys (including DH) really worked HARD. He said this morning he has to do this more often because last night for the first time in a long time, he slept like a log Me too. Had a brief conversation with my Mom, she was snippy and I was very tired and losing my temper so I told her that I was just not up for having that conversation and I cut the call short. She is being very childish at the moment.

I am killing a few minutes while waiting for the museum to open - they are offering a yoga class by my favorite teacher and they just opened the schedule this morning so I want to sign up before it fills up. Then it's off to the shop again.

I apologize for no personals right now - DH is chomping at the bit to get going so I don't want to delay or spend all day there so I'm on my way.

Have a good day everyone, talk to you later.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #8  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning, ladies!!

So happy it's Thursday!! Dang, this week is going so slowly. It was super hot yesterday and will be again today. I really, really hope that we won't get too many days like this in the summer.

Quick check in for me...the advanced back class was tougher, but I made it through. We started with the basics that are the same as the Level 1 back class:

1. Engaging core muscles to create what they call the "ab brace"
2. While lying on our backs with knees bent, we were told to "march" pick up each foot a couple inches and then put it down and pick up the other one (all while doing the ab brace).
3. Continuing the marching, we added the arms, lifting overhead the arm opposite to the foot that is lifted up.
4. Then we did bridges, making sure to engage our abs and glutes.
5. Followed by Bridge marching, where you are in a bridge and you pick up the right foot and put it town, then pick up the left foot and put it down, then come out of the bridge by placing your butt back down on the mat and releasing the abs and glutes. We did at least 10 of those. When we do the marching, we have to concentrate to make sure not to drop our hips or pelvis when we pick up each foot.
6. Then we did the clamshell exercise, followed by something similar to clamshell except with the top leg extended and at an angle slightly behind the bottom leg, and making sure not to roll the top hip backward (if anything, it should roll slightly forward)
7. After that, it was planks: a 30 second traditional plank (I was on knees and forearms), followed by a 60 second traditional plank. Then a 30 second side plank on each side. While it's been a few weeks since I've done a regular plank, it had been several years since I'd done a side plank, and those were really tough. And since they are physical therapists, they are sticklers for correct form.
8. Then we moved on to working the oblique muscles. While we were lying on our backs with our knees bent either with feet on the floor or up at a 90 degree angle (thighs perpendicular to body, shins parallel to floor), we grabbed a resistance tube attached to the wall above our head and pulled it slowly in a diagonal motion toward the floor to the side of us, first one side then the other. Definitely works the obliques.
9. Then we did a similar movement standing with our side facing the wall, holding on to the resistance tubing that was attached to the wall, we turned from our torso (not just the arms) to pull the cable across our body toward the side opposite the wall. It's really easy to do if you let the arms/shoulders do most of the work. The key is to make your abs/obliques do the work.

I think that's all the exercises we did. If I remember any others, I'll add them. My abs were quite sore last night, but a good sore...not a sharp or stabbing back pain type sore.

Sadly next week's Back Exercise Level 2 class is full, so I'll have to skip a week. And my therapist said that I probably won't need too many Level 2 classes...I just have to do the exercises at home. And I will...daily.

=========================================
Happy - Sorry to hear about your mom being snippy and childish. Good for you for cutting the call short, rather than losing your temper. I'd love to see photos of the new shop. When is it going to open? So good that you and your DH slept well after all that hard work. Sometimes we work so hard the pain is too intense to sleep despite being exhausted.

Laura - Sorry you're having crappy weather for the first of May. I hope it gets better because aren't all Chicago's famous festivals going to be starting up soon? Good for you for doing all that exercise. Enjoy your lunch today with the admin. I hope they can fill her position soon so you aren't overburdened.

Better sign off for now.

Much love and many hugs to all,
Old 05-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone. What a difference a night of sleep makes! I was feeling pretty rough when I got home from work yesterday but I had a good nights sleep and I'm feeling better.

I am also working from home today. The treadmill is here! I hope it won't be long before I can use it. I did get on it a bit to test it while they were here. I'm going to love it when I can use it and I know DH will too.

I don't know what the scales will say tonight at TOPS. I haven't been focused this past week. I thought about skipping and waiting until next week, but I'm not going to do that. I'm going to go and it will be what it will be. Going and facing the music is part of my getting my "arse in gear!". Also I'm going to start push up challenge today. I can do them on my knees or using the wall.

I am also recommitting to MFP for the month...anyone else joining me?

Happy: How wonderful that all the furniture and fixtures are in the shop. I can tell you are excited about it. It will be a nice new place for you all.

It is very hard to confront people but I think it was a good thing that you opened that dialogue with your mom.

What did you think of the new yoga class?

Ceejay: We were typing over each other yesterday. I know you are going to enjoy your vacation for sure now! Have a wonderful time.

Laura: It is cool here today as well..but very sunny. Good for you for getting to the gym last night. I think you had a great workout! Be proud of yourself for doing what you did it.

How nice that you are taking the Admin out. As a Admin I can tell you that she will appreciate it very much. I hope that she is moving on to something that is wonderful for her and not just leaving to get away from something.

Sometimes Admin's are not appreciated and really it can be hurtful. A good Admin is the backbone and the pivot point for the Organization.

Michelle: Thank you for the hugs!

Hi to all the rest of you!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Yesterday way solid slog. 7.00am meeting, and then on to some of the most urgent stuff - well it was apparently the day before yesterdays urgent, meeting at 12.30pm and then onto the other bits and pieces. I have some stuff on my desk today that is way out of left field and I am going to have to find someone to help (bribe with chocolate maybe?). When some one spoke to me I jumped about 6 feet in the air and discovered that it was going on for 6.00pm so time to go home. Come back again today to do it all over again.

Ceejay - have a great holiday. Get your body and soul back together and good luck with the 'bloke from high school'. Glad the friend is not going with you.

Susie - that was some MRI. Hope it gets good results for you. The treadmill has arrived - yee haaa. Time to march along on it. Lucky you working from home. I love doing that. Can't promise anything but I will try to get back to MFP. I will count the calories and forget the exercise bit. I have decided to measure instead of weigh. I never seem to lose anything, but my clothes are definitely loser on me. Stupid scale.

Laura - sounds like the arse was moved. Good for you. However all those lunches will need some working off.

Happy - sorry to hear that mum is being difficult. Wonder what's got her toga in a knot. Well done to you and the DH for the effort put in in the shop. Sounds like it will be nice. Maybe your DH can chop firewood for exercise - from some of the branches that have come down. Could be a source of income for you.

Michelle - sounds like a good work out in the back class. Well done. Hope you are not too sore this morning.

Right - Better go get on with the day. Try and make some sense of these documents. Get some things put up on the net. Beautiful sunrise this morning. Took some photos, well get round to showing them soon.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #11  

Morning,
Had a good trip to Branson and last night after my sister got off from work I took her out to dinner at Montana Mikes. It was good and I behaved myself food wise. Then went across the street to KMart. Haven't been in one of those stores in awhile.
Today bil is taking us out to lunch and tonight is the show that we are attending. My niece is also coming up tonight.

-------
I'm glad that friend didn't come with me and then she was going trying to talk me out of going cause she was wanting to come down. I told her that my sister was taking off work Friday so we could be together. And also told her the security alarm was set. So she said that she would come on Thursday when I was off. I don't want her in my house alone any more.

----
Shad
I haven't heard from the high school friend, but that is just the way he's always been so I'm not fretting over it.

Susie
I had the similar experience when I had my MRI done last year.

I'll come back later getting ready to eat breakfast.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #12  

Morning all. TGIF!!

Happy – Glad the new shop is looking good. People will want to come in and spend time and $$$ there. Nothing like hard physical work to help along a good night’s sleep. I also sleep well when I’ve spent a lot of time out in the fresh air. Sorry your mom’s being "difficult". Better to just cut the conversations short when they take a bad turn. Did you get a spot on the yoga class? Did you say it was in a museum??!!

Michelle – The advanced exercise class sounds challenging – especially the plank part. Good job!! I’ll have to give the oblique moves a try. I guess I could tie my resistance band to a column in the basement. Have the temps gone down a bit for you? That’s awfully warm for this time of year!

Susie – Yay for getting the treadmill! I hope you can use it soon – you have even more incentive now to get your bum foot walking ready! How did TOPS go? I definitely need to get back to tracking…maybe Monday. I know that sounds lame, but I have several meals out over the next few days and I just don’t want to get frustrated trying to track that…I’ll try to make good choices and control my portions instead.

Shad – That’s a long work day. But now it’s your weekend right? Enjoy. What’s planned? Yeh, Im doing way too much eating out lately, and the scale is showing it. Have to up the exercise and cut the volume of food! I’d love to see the sunrise photos. We’ve had mostly gloom and rain all week here. Bleh.

Ceejay – Glad your travel to Branson went well. Sounds like you’ll have some nice family time today. Enjoy yourself!!

Hi to the rest of ya’s!!
--
Lunch yesterday with the admin was nice. I’ll sure miss her, but wish her well. She’s pursuing work in her field of interest – social work. She doesn’t have experience, so she’s going to be searching for a paying job, of course, but has decided in the meantime to increase her volunteer work with the women’s organization for which she currently volunteers. Good for her. She has a husband and child, but juggled work, family, and getting a college degree, so I know she can make this happen for herself.

Today is the department farewell lunch for the admin. Tonight bf and I will likely watch the hockey game.

Tomorrow is Jazzercise, then lunch with bf’s mom at Cheesecake Factory. Tomorrow night is the dinner/auction for the lab rescue org from which we adopted Coal.

Nothing on Sunday I hope.

Okay, meeting in 10 min to review the admin’s open items and processes…the boss sure waited til the last minute.

Last edited by Laura705; 05-02-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #13  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ceejay ~ Thanks, I've tried really hard to get into the 280's

Susie ~ Thanks, I cant believe Im finally in the 280's

Im gonna walk for the 1st time today in 30 mins and then I'll walk again after dinner.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #14  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi ladies,

I am so glad it's Friday! I am freakin' exhausted. I went to a yoga class at the gym yesterday. OMG! Talk about cardio yoga! Jump from down dog into forward bend, then go back to down dog and jump to a plank, and so on? WTH? Jumping in Yoga?! I did my best to keep up, but was usually about one or two moves behind because the instructor only stayed in each posture for one breath or maybe two. I left the class after about 45 minutes. My heart was pounding like crazy, and the unusual heatwave we had the past couple days (nearly 100 yesterday) didn't help any. I picked up Santa from day care, and even by the time we got home, ate, and I showered, my heart was still beating hard and fast. Finally after about an hour of watching TV, it calmed down.

This has happened to me before on extremely hot days, which is why I don't usually over-exert myself when temps are 95+. But I figured...I can do yoga...those moves are slow, controlled and gentle, right? NOT THIS YOGA! Maybe someday in the future, I'll be able to try this class again...but not for awhile and not on an extremely hot day.

I slept well, but woke up feeling physically exhausted. So I'm not going to my slow-paced, easy does it yoga class or to the poker game. If the poker game ended earlier than 11:30, I might try to go...but as tired as I am already, I can't stay up that late.

Tomorrow if I'm feeling better, I'm getting together with friends in the afternoon. Sunday's yoga class has been cancelled, so I might take Santa to the beach. Who knows, maybe I can even get D to go with us. So nice that he's not out of town this weekend.

===========================

Susie - I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. It is tough to function during the day when you don't sleep well. How did TOPS go?

Shad - I hope you're able to relax some this weekend.

Ceejay - Glad you are enjoying your time in Branson! Enjoy the show tonight. The nerve of your friend trying to talk you out of going on a trip that you've been eagerly looking forward to for a long time.

Laura - The temps are finally cooler today. Mid-80s. I can live with that, though I prefer mid-70s. That's why I'm thinking about a drive to the ocean on Sunday, it's always cooler over there. With all your lunches and luncheons, I think it makes sense to postpone tracking until Monday. Glad you had a nice lunch with the admin. I'm still following the NHL playoffs because I'm a Pittsburgh Penguins fan. But I know I won't be hearing much about hockey on the media here...not after the San Jose Sharks embarrassing Game 7 loss to the LA Kings. The hometown basketball team is playing their Game 7 tomorrow against an LA team. Hopefully they'll do better, though I don't follow the NBA much. So you're taking bf's mom to the Cheesecake Factory tomorrow? Is this an early Mother's Day celebration? Every time I think of the Cheesecake Factory, it reminds me of "The Big Bang Theory" because the character Penny worked at the Cheesecake Factory for many "seasons". Sounds like a really lovely day tomorrow with Jazzercise, the lunch and then the dinner/auction. I love supporting ALL rescue organizations. I hope you have a very nice and relaxing Sunday.

Terra - Congrats on getting into the 280s! You are inspiring me to walk more...and to try and find classes at the gym I can actually do without killing myself. I'm going to see if there's a water aerobics class on the weekends. If not, I'll do yoga at home or a workout DVD.

Happy - Were you able to reserve a spot in the yoga class? Have you ever had yoga classes where they literally "jump" from one move to another? I think that's just craziness!

Here's to a wonderful weekend for all of us!

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 05-02-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #15  

Getting ready to go to the concert tonight. It's down on the landing so we'll have to leave a bit early to park. I'll get to see the baby tomorrow.
This morning my sis and I walked a mile on a trail through the woods. I'm going to love it here. Just don't know how to drive. Sis wants me to wait till I'm 67 to retire but I said 65. That's my limit on going up and down those stairs and dealing with all the stress.
Closed Thread