Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 01:28 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default 1/20 - How are ya?

Hi all - just thought I'd start a chat thread. DO we like the daily chat thread better or the # chat threads that go on for pages???

Life here is pretty good. I am still off sweets, although due to some extra carb consumption I am having some pretty big cravings. But I will NOT give in.

I am doing very poorly with my exercise. My life just keeps getting in the way and I am not making it a priority. Need to really work on that. Tomorrow...

Have you looked at our monthly weight loss thread? almost 100 lbs and it's not even the end of the month yet!!!

How is everyone else??
Old 01-20-2004, 01:31 PM   #2  

sandi i too can not get in exercise mode. i do walk 2 miles a day 3 days a week, but i can't get time to do more. i will eventually. hopefully sooner than later.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:32 PM   #3  

I just got in from doing errands - didn't get called to sub today. Eating-wise, my day's been so-so. I ate at taco bell for lunch, which is not a good choice. Seems whenever I'm out in the car at lunchtime I wind up eating something high cal/high fat. I need to carry things with me for those occasions. But just because lunch wasn't great doesn't meen the whole day's shot, right?
Old 01-20-2004, 01:40 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

No it doesn't. I don't think anyone has a 100% healthy diet ALL the time (i had Taco Bell too). Baby steps. Did you make the best choices you could??
Old 01-20-2004, 01:44 PM   #5  

Well....I guess I could've had 3 double decker tacos instead of 2... So, it could've been worse. I'm so glad to hear that someone else succumbs to the lure of Taco Bell!
Old 01-20-2004, 02:29 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

mmmm.. taco bell! I love the chicken chalupas.. 8 ww points! Today I had a Lean Cusine meal.. and it was really good. Also had an orange - they are so sweet right now! This morning I had cheesy popcorn

But I did walk the dog at 5:30 (am!!!) - any suggestions to get my puppy to go back to bed. With the wind chill it was -20F this morning!!!

Sandi.. I like the daily chats better.. if I miss coming for a day I can just read todays only

Have a great day everyone.

Dana
Old 01-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #7  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I think the daily thread works better for new people. But hey the group rules on this one for sure.

I am pretty new to 3FC threads. I did Atkins last year and lost 22 lbs. quit and gained it all back. I am doing lc this year began on 2nd and have lost 7 lbs. so far. Too many off days. Need to be accountable. I am going to read Dana Carpenter's book as I have her cookbooks and like what she has to say in those. My dh is diabetic and I have fibromyalgia so lc works best for both of us.

Have to get two of my critters to the vet for check ups so will kind of check in later this evening. Everyone have a good day.

Sue
Old 01-20-2004, 07:09 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Sorry, Dana, the only way I know of getting the dog to go back to bed is to let the dog snuggle in the bed w/you. I can do that, as my dog is 15#.

I like the daily chats better, not as much to catch up on & you dont feel bad if you leave someone out in your responding.

Me? I'm not doing that great. It's too fooking cold to exercise!! (as my pants get tighter & tighter, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr) Like you said, Sandi. Tomorrow. Always tomorrow. *le sigh*

Where are some of our missing chicks? I'm thinking of Miss Jessica & Miss Denise & Miss Jeanne (JML). Beth Anne & synger haven't been around in a really really long time.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:53 PM   #9  
missaprylj

Jessica-Denise-JML-Beth Anne-Synger-Mthrgoos

Has anyone seen Miss Chris in the 100lb. Club lately? Hmmm....

I miss ya'll!!!!!!!!!

Finals are Wed-Thurs. I'm not too worried. The only one I'm significantly worried about is orchestra, which is tomorrow, first thing in the a.m. I always get nervous when I have to "play" for a grade...... grades in general make me sick.

I live my life report card to report card, lol.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:00 PM   #10  

I like the daily threads, too - not so overwhelming. . .

I've been doing well on my plan for quite a few days now. I "made" a Digiorno pizza for dinner and wasn't very hungry, so just ate one piece. Wow. That was a couple of hours ago but it just hit me what a feat that is. . .

It IS hard to exercise when it's cold. I'm hoping that when it warms up, Elijah and I will enjoy going out with the stroller. Too bad I'm not coordinated enough to take the dog too.

In other news, Dan turns 30 at the end of the month, and I am having a 70s party for him. He knows about the party, but the theme is a surprise. I'm trying to let him deal with this age milestone, but it's hard to listen to him mourn his youth because I am 38! Anyway, the party is going to be a lot of fun. We're all dressing up (including Dan who will be asked to change into brown cords and a MORK tshirt when he arrives) and there's a contest for the grooviest threads. I've also asked everyone to bring a 70s-ish snack to share and there's a prize for that too. (My creative way to keep the cost down!) I'll try to post a pic of us from the party. Elijah has a Harley Davidson tie-dye romper that says, "Born to ride."
Old 01-20-2004, 10:59 PM   #11  
Losing Again!

I like the daily thread better too!

Girls, don't be down on Taco Bell, they have many good choices, especially now that you can have things made "Fresco Style" that means they drop the cheese and sauce, and add Fiesta Salsa...very tasty and for those on WW, it makes a beef taco about 3 instead of 4 points.

Apryl--good luck on your finals

Dana--good luck with the dog, at least he's motivation for APs

SAPF--you're right, there's always tomorrow

Today was a great day. It was chilly, but I still decided to get started walking/running outside, to my WW meeting. I ran about 8 blocks in all (walked about 2 miles), running 2, walking 1, etc...I know it's not much, but for now I'm happy with it. I've put a 10km race on my calendar for August, and am trying to figure out who I should recruit to run with me. I have some ideas, but we'll have to see. And when I got to the meeting, I was down 2.6 for the week, which was really from Friday morning-this evening!

I'm so excited to head off to the Big Easy for a conference this weekend. I'm already packed, which is quite remarkable, seeing as I inherited my mom's last minute genes.

Have a great evening all!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:00 PM   #12  
Losing Again!

Angi--I've seen that Harley romper...it's adorable! Sounds like a great party!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:17 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

such busy ladies!!!
don't panic, apryl you'll do fine. and have wonderful time at the party, angi. we want pics of elijah!!!!

and fun in n'awlins!!!! yummy place!

i'm still in the job from **** with a miserable week... and i have to finish my resume because headhunters want it!!!! {YAY!!!!} nut those pretzels have been talking to me. in their squeaky little voices.

haven't been lifting as regularly as i should. life is getting in the way. no. scratch that. WORK is getting in the way. but i've been hitting 10,000+ steps every day!

bedtime, ladies.. love you all
Closed Thread