Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-01-2014, 01:37 AM   #1  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Ups & Downs Support Group: May 2014

Hello and to the Ups & Downs Support Group May 2014 thread. Anyone is welcome to join the group if you are willing to give and receive advice in your weight loss journey. We named the group "Ups & Downs" to reflect the many ups and downs of life, the weight loss journey, and especially living life with depression and medication.

If you are a "regular," please post and let us know that you found the new thread. If you are a "newbie," please feel free to post and tell us a little bit about yourself. We are here to help one another in this journey through life and weight loss.

This month, I want to say a very special THANK YOU to the regular members of this group who have made the group as special and close-knit as it has become today. This is exactly what I had in mind when I first reached out for Support Buddies on 3FCs! Each and every one of you make it happen on a daily basis, so ~ from the bottom of my heart ~ for all that you are and all that you do for the group! It is wonderful to have a place to come and share my Ups & Downs!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 AM   #2  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm here. I thought I was going to have the all-night kind of insomnia, but now that it's pushing 1:45 AM, I'm fading fast. I did my usual 600 leg lifts tonight. I ate only a quarter-cup of muesli, instead of a half-cup like last night. That's a good sign: keeping the carbos to as little as humanly possible.

I have nothing else to report. Greetings, everyone! We're the Ups & Downs Support Group: May 2014. Greetings and good night. =zzzzzzzz=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, thanks Kathleen for establishing the May thread

Fiona I hope you got to sleep soon after posting that!

Another day of dreary light rain and low thick cloud cover, at least it's supposed to get to 60 as opposed to barely 50 yesterday.

I saw Coffeeshopgirl posted yesterday, it is good to see your name again here!

Hope everyone has as good a day as you can

*edit to add my workout for today, 40 min. of cardio/lower body torture

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/work...Lower-Body/hf/

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-01-2014 at 09:48 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Wow, it is May already. Seems like this year is just flying past!

Had a lazy afternoon yesterday. Meant to work in the yard, but for some bizare reason is is 45 degrees here right now. Was 80 three days ago, and will be 80 again by Sunday, but it is a little chilly for yardwork right now. I probably should have exercised, but oh well. After I finish the 30 days of sugar free (at 14 now!) my next goal is to get back into yoga and walking.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi there,

I hope everyone is doing well, I can't believe that it's May.

I started logging calories on my fitness pal, I was under my calorie limit yesterday! Now, I have to do today.

Hi to everyone especially Holly and Coffeeshopgirl.

Take care!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

I made it here! Almost posted in April's thread though lol.

For the past few days it has been rainy and cold. Today it is sunny and 70 degrees. Spring is back. I am going to make sure I get outside today to go for a short walk.

I have checked out the airport's website. It has helped a little. The airline I am flying on is not listed on the map. I'm not sure what gate I'm to go to either. How do I find out what gate? It is not on my intinerary. In a few days the airport thing will be over with and I will be with my mom in FL.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #7  
I can do it!!!

Smile Hello!

Trish: Check in at your airline desk when you get to the airport, and they will give you your gate # there. Focus on being with your mom in Florida and try not to sweat the airport too much! Hope you get outside for that walk today! Sunny and 70 sounds good to me. It is overcast, rainy, and a high of 57 degrees here today.

Fi: Hope you got some sleep last night!

Holly: Dreary and rainy here today, too, as it has been all week. Come on Spring!!! Where did you go?!?

MonteCristo: CONGRATULATIONS on 14 days sugar free!!! That is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Amy: Good luck logging your calories into MFP! It is a helpful tool.

I weighed myself on April 28th and it showed I was DOWN 3 pounds. Then, after working out every day since then and eating pretty healthy, I am back UP those 3 pounds today (3 days later). I hate daily scale fluctuations!!! I just want and need to LOSE weight ~ once and for all!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #8  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi again,

Thanks Believe, I have to log some more calories. It's quite an eye opening tool.

I find weighing myself every week is better than every day. I haven't been weighing myself lately but I'm still debating about getting a scale.

Take care!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #9  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everybody!!! It's May,YAY!

Vermont- I do miss my bike a lot. :/ Your helmet sounds cool! Love the bullet holes!

Ibelieveinme2- When I think about it, it really is a short time. It also feels like it's been a long time. Hard to believe that six weeks ago I was with my daughter, holding her, and being as much of a doting mom as I possibly could... I get sad when I think about it too much, but happy to know where she is.

My appointment went well. I was completely cleared for all physical activity. Yay! I also had a general physical today and got a clean bill of health.

We got our pictures in the mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibe s SHE IS GORGEOUS in them!!!!!!! They were done in black and white and edited very well. It diminished a lot of the discoloration she had in her face. She truly looks like an angel.

I weighed in this morning at 185lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah!!! I couldn't be more happy! Got an awesome weight session in at the gym as well.

Tomorrow is Friday. I have to pack for our trip home to visit our parents as well as go grocery shopping, finish some laundry and hit the gym one last time before the weekend. Won't get any workouts in this weekend so I will have to watch my food intake closely. Then Monday I'm back to the 7am-3pm grind. This means waking up at 5:45am.... So not looking forward to that...

So I'll probably get a post in tomorrow, but most likely won't get back to posting until sometime Sunday night. Just wanted to let everyone know why I'll be MIA!
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:36 AM   #10  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, everyone. Happy May. Lots of showers, no flowers (yet). I'm hoping to see sunshine again.

Had a good appointment with the doctor yesterday. She was pleased that I've lost 10 pounds of pure fat since my last monthly visit. I have to say, I'm pretty pleased about that, too. I'm to continue with the program, as is, for another month.

I am continuing to up my workouts gradually. I'm up to 60 minutes a day. I couldn't deal with going to the gym in gray, dank weather yesterday after work, though, so came home and used the elliptical and my husband's Bowflex. I have a hard time figuring out how to exercise effectively on the Bowflex, so usually I avoid it in favor of the circuit machines at the gym.

Amy: I have been using MyFitnessPal to log my calorie intake, water, and exercise. I like that the site syncs with my Fitbit, so my steps and activity level are automatically recorded and I get immediate feedback on the impact of my workouts in the little message that says, "You have earned 'x' calories today from working out.' It really keeps me informed and helps me stay on track. I also like the feature, when you finish tracking for the day, it tells you what you'll weigh in 5 weeks if you continue on the same track. It is totally the kind of feedback I need.

Sabrina: I'm so glad you're happy with the photos of the baby. Congrats on the clean bill of health and registering weight loss. Stay focused on the positive. Enjoy your visit and don't think about Monday until the alarm goes off Monday morning.

I'm still struggling with feeling down. Had a couple of experiences at work yesterday where I was treated very disrespectfully by co-workers. One was a woman who opened the window behind my desk when I was not there. When I returned, I closed the window. She snapped at me, "You have something against fresh air?" I told her, "No, I have something against damp, cold air blowing on my back all day, making me feel stiff and sore." She harumphed and when she did condone to speak to me, was very snarky the remainder of the day.

The other incident was in a meeting with a woman who treated me with contempt and open disdain, as if my opinion (which was solicited, mind you), was utterly insignificant. It wasn't pleasant. She's an extremely negative and unhappy woman who believes in stomping on anyone and everyone just to spread her toxicity. Honestly, I don't know how her domestic partner puts up with her.

So, I'm trying to not focus on those episodes, though I do anticipate repeated bad behavior from the first woman today. It is Friday. It is payday.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone VTMom - Thanks for thinking of me & mentioning me in your post

I'm honestly feeling very weak right now with the stress that is going on. I can't talk about it in detail, just that I can only handle so much anxiety. I'm trying to work it out, but there's only so much I can do.

Looking back at my hierarchy of weight loss, I know I need to be in a decent (non-anxiety ridden) frame of mind before I can get back on track. I hope this stress will be over with soon so that I can get back to feeling safe emotionally and physically.

Glad this thread is still here - I think this is a really helpful community and want to thank you for your support

coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #12  
I can do it!!!

Smile

Sabrina: So happy that you received the photos and really love them!!! I know you will treasure them always. I keep my photos and other momentos from Sean in a pretty box with angels on it. It has been way too long since I've pulled it out. Will do that soon! Have to be able to shed tears without looking like a bullfrog if I have to go somewhere afterward! Even after all these years, my heart aches when I smell the little clothes he so briefly wore and hold them close to my heart..... missing him. I ask him to pray for us often and ask God to hold him close and give him a hug from his Mommy. It is unbelievable how much I miss someone who I knew for such a short time. But he will always be my baby and I know that I will hold him again one day! That is a comfort.

worththeeffort2: Sorry that you are still struggling with feeling down. Those women at work sound like CRABS!!! Do your best to ignore them and don't let them steal your joy!!! YAY for a good appointment with the doc and being down 10 pounds since last visit!

Amy: I agree that weekly (or less) weigh-ins are better than daily. The daily fluctuations drive me crazy, as I mentioned in yesterday's post.

coffeeshopgirl: Sending you a big hug for all of the stress you are dealing with right now! Remember that this will pass eventually and all will be well. Prayers for you. Hang in there!

I have worked out the past 4 out of 5 days. Want to keep the trend going. Will get in a walk with the dogs later. Food has been good. I am trying to work on leaving food on my plate at the end of meals. I am so used to being a clean plater, which isn't good when trying to lose weight. I think we are going to our lake house this weekend, so not sure when I'll check in next. Thinking of all of you and wishing you well!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

In about 72 hours I will be in the air. And soon my fearful part will be over.

Over the last two days I ate less then 800 calories a day. I'm getting Indian food tonight as a treat and it will last me through the weekend.

Happy weekend everyone!
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #14  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

a quick check in to say HI and I will address all later this evening
http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/work...and-Core/hv/my workout today was 40 minutes of HIIT cardio and core work and the rest of the day was; cleaning out a linen closet (kind of ) trying to find a caterer for a fundraiser this August; returning a garden rake that snapped in my hands but got a free replacement mailing defective Sharpies back for replacement bought 3 pairs thrift shop capris in 3 DIFFERENT SIZES (a 12, a 10, and an 8!) raking IN THE RAIN with new rake because today's weather is truly "if you don't like the weather, wait 2 seconds and it will change" .

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-02-2014 at 04:36 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 404/306/170ish

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I havent popped in for a bit. I have been having severe stomach pain (the type that makes you buckle over its so bad)
Had an ultrasound Monday and today my dr told me I have a ventral hernia the size of a football. He said that they don't usually operate on hernias so large but that I for sure need surgery as the hernia is wrapped around all my vital organs especially my bowels (which would answer why I am severely constipated and only go about once a week and thats with help) sorry tmi I know. He was going on about all the complications this hernia could cause. Needless to say I had a bit of a breakdown. I am scared to death. How I never knew I had this is beyond me.
My eating is bad too. I am in starvation mode trying to make up for my week long binge a couple of weeks ago. I know this is totally destructive behavior and will try to start eating healthy again tomorrow. Mentally I am spent.
Sorry to be such a downer. I am trying my best to think positive to no avail.
I read what some of you are going through and I feel so petty.
Again sorry to be so negative. I will survive.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
hugs
Judi
projectjudi is offline   Reply With Quote