Old 05-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #1  
On a health kick :)

S/C/G: 175/164/135

Height: 5'6

Default Losing motivation to keep tracking

I started out great weeks ago - lost several pounds, tracked everything I ate, even tried the gym a few times.

I don't know whats happened, but I've basically stopped tracking. Maybe its laziness, I dunno. I'm still losing (slower than before), and I'm still making healthy efforts like 80% of the time, but I cant seem to get myself to track anymore and I'm afraid thats sabotaging my efforts.

When I do track, its usually breakfast then I just forget until the next day at breakfast.

How do you guys keep yourself tracking, and motivated? Maybe I get bored too easily - I never stick with anything for long. But Weight Watchers is the first thing that has got me actually losing in over a year - I really want to stick with it!
nailsrglue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #2  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I have the WW phone app, makes life much easier. If I don't know the points, I just scan it, and the app tells me the points. I am also determined to follow this through to the end, whatever it takes because I don't want to be fat ever again. And that is what is going to happen if I give up and eat whatever I want.

Have you tried Simply Filling? People who hate to track, love it, and do very well on it.

Basically it comes down to wanting not to be fat over wanting to eat something tasty. Try posting on the Chat thread. I do every day. Basically it is an open journal, to keep yourself accountable. It doesn't matter to me if nobody else is able to respond. It keeps my mind set on point, makes me think what I plan to do to overcome obstacles, and then do them.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #3  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
I have the WW phone app, makes life much easier. If I don't know the points, I just scan it, and the app tells me the points. I am also determined to follow this through to the end, whatever it takes because I don't want to be fat ever again. And that is what is going to happen if I give up and eat whatever I want.

Have you tried Simply Filling? People who hate to track, love it, and do very well on it.

Basically it comes down to wanting not to be fat over wanting to eat something tasty. Try posting on the Chat thread. I do every day. Basically it is an open journal, to keep yourself accountable. It doesn't matter to me if nobody else is able to respond. It keeps my mind set on point, makes me think what I plan to do to overcome obstacles, and then do them.

I just re-joined WW online, I did it about 8 yrs ago and lost 32 lbs, but I love your outlook, 50 lbs in 50 weeks that's a great way to look at it.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #4  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

It's all the app. It's at my fingertips at all times - and I often pre-track things I'll eat, especially if eating at a restaurant, so I have a plan to stick to.

Make yourself do it, set alarms if you have to, and it will become a habit. I can't not track anymore. Or, perhaps Simply Filling would be a good option if you're very opposed to tracking overall. I know somebody on it and she loves it!
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #5  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPMOM5 View Post
It's all the app. It's at my fingertips at all times - and I often pre-track things I'll eat, especially if eating at a restaurant, so I have a plan to stick to.

Make yourself do it, set alarms if you have to, and it will become a habit. I can't not track anymore. Or, perhaps Simply Filling would be a good option if you're very opposed to tracking overall. I know somebody on it and she loves it!
Sometimes, I am figuring out my points, you would think I'm doing my income taxes the way I am concentrating.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

When I don't track, I don't lose weight consistently. My husband never liked tracking (did it in his head) and spent months within 5 pounds of his goal weight. He finally decided to start tracking and he got to goal weight just a few weeks later.

Tracking works for me so it is easy for me to stay motivated to do it. Not everyone needs to track. I just know that I need to track.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote