Old 05-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #1  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Default 40-Somethings May Chat Thread

We're 40-something, we're fantastic, let's chat!

What are YOU up to today?
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #2  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Well, I finally drug myself to the doctor today to get some antibiotics for my sinus infection. Otherwise I'm just eating sugar left and right like a crazy person. I don't know what has happened to me.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

I'm still here. Still losing but it's slowed down, still there are no more babies and I only have to lose this last bit one more time.

I'm tired though and my eating isn't great. I don't calorie count and if I'm hungry I'm eat but there's been a whole heap of munching on biscuits and ice cream lately. I'm planning some long runs on the weekend so that should help me regroup.
Chubby mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey all!

I disappeared again, was on vacation. Now back home, eating back on program, although I was only at 127.0 after my trip, so I really did ok on the trip too.

Work is still a drag, figuring out how to solve that problem. Hoping for sooner rather than later. That's a big distraction right now.

Rennie, saw your pic in the chicken dance thread, you look great!
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I had a pretty good day. Zumba class, then lunch with a good friend i haven't seen in a while..then home to clean like crazy. I got to spend time with the puppy today and she seemed pleased. Housebreaking is getting a bit easier. Not 100 percent but way better than she was, I didn't have to clean up any accident today. I clocked in at 1415 calories.....not so great but not so bad either. My next fast day is Saturday. Tomorrow i teach my aqua class and then see my trainer....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #6  

trainer messed up the schedule so i couldn't train with her today

Taught my class which was really hard because it was so hot and humid, then did

30 kettlebell lunges
20 biceps curls and overhead presses
lunge walks across my living room ten times while holding dumbbells
Old 05-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #7  
seeking balance

Shannon, hope you'll be feeling better quickly, those sinus infections are awful!

Chubby, you're getting pretty close to goal, that's awesome.

Marlene, there you are! What do you think you might do about work?

Zumba, yay for your puppy! Things will only keep getting better, I'm sure. Good going with the home workout!

Speaking of that, it's my day for a strength workout. My sons started doing the Stronglifts 5x5 with me recently; that makes me so happy. It's been so hot the last few days that I haven't been getting in my usual walks, time to start doing them really early or in the evening like I did last night.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #8  

Went out to a fabulous dinner last night with a friend....tried to make good choices but I did indulge in dessert. I had a one lb. gain since yesterday and i"M so NOT worried about it....if anything i'm happy that the gain wasn't more. Today is a "fast" day on my new program (fast diet), i guess its also called a "down" day...not exactly sure what i'm going to eat but I"m going to try and keep it simple. the book has recipes in it so I'll take a peek at that.....

I finally feel some real motivation all of a sudden. I hope my determination lasts. I declare war on these extra pounds!!! My personal challenge, be 140 by the time of my son's graduation. (end of June) and then meet my big goal of 135 by July 4.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #9  
~Shannon

Zumba good luck with the new plan!

I'm still coughing abd not feeling super great but I think the antibiotic has started working. Hopefully by Monday I will be feeling good again. My bday is Tuesday. I'd like to be somewhat back to normal by then. My daughter has preschool that day so I've been thinking about getting a massage or something. When I left my job two years ago my staff gave me a gift card to a local spa and I still haven't used it, lol. I tend to hoard things like that for when I really need it. I am happy to report the scale is finally down, after 11 days.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #10  

shannon hope you are feeling better.....seems like a lot of people are getting respiratory infections, my son included.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Being that it's Saturday, I snuck off to one of my favorite places, the local library! I know, whatta geek! I just love books. I'd own more, but I just don't have the $$ nor the shelf space!
After spending part of the day here, catching up with you all & doing a few other things, I will be heading to the park! Another favorite place of mine! As some of you know, I live in Chico CA where Bidwell Park is located. It is where they filmed the 1938 version of "The Adventures of Robin Hood" with Errol Flynn & Olivia de Havilland. Very pretty park with lots of trees, Chico Creek runs through it & then there is the wildlife. Can't get much better...unless I was to go off camping.
That is one of our (H's & mine) goals be in better shape to go camping later this summer or in early fall... We are a little undecided because we don't want to get miles & miles from the closest dr/hospital if he as a problem. Cause I can't carry him.

Well, I better get my things started so I can get to the park. Hope all have a great weekend. Might not be able to check back in until Tues., since I may have to spend all day Monday fighting with the clinic/pharmacy & insurance co.! Wish me luck for Monday. Wishing you all healthy choices & positive vibes!!! GO FOR IT!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #12  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

I will catch up later but I want to say this because I need your help ... I am slipping, I have slipped, I have fallen ... Today I ate 3090 calories. My calorie intake is supposed to be 1338 according to MFP. I doubled that plus 414 calories more.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #13  

MRSTRYINGAGAIN: so funny you should mention the library, i was there yesterday!! I always loved the library and I should have become a librarian now that I look back on my life. I hope you had a nice time in the park......
Old 05-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #14  
~Shannon

I love books too and just recently starting reading again after a pretty long hiatus since having my daughter. It finally clicked for me to get a book for me when I take her to the library! Lol!

Rennie I hear ya and can relate. I have been having a rough time myself. One thing I noticed was I have been dehydrated (maybe from the meds) so I've been upping my water and of course, the other, getting tight with my carbs again. I don't know why but once they slip in it is like it turns on a floodgate of "hunger".
Old 05-18-2014, 04:42 AM   #15  
seeking balance

MrsTryingAgain, I too am a total library geek - I LOVE to get to spend an afternoon there! Working in a library would be a dream job...

Rennie, you are okay. Sit down with a cup of tea and breathe; a day of high calories, even as high as that, is not the end of the world - tomorrow is a new day and you are strong! Look over your stats and progress from the past 6 months or so, look at pictures from that period, and think about how you physically and mentally feel this month compared to then. You've done wonderful things for your health, you're showing yourself the love you deserve. Regroup and remember what this is all for: YOU!

We had a rough morning: a coyote went after my youngest DS's chickens so I was out chasing it off in my pjs at 6 am! We lost two hens, and two more have minor wounds, the other four are fine and well - it could have been a whole lot worse. Poor DS was so upset; he'd forgotten to close and latch their gate last night so the ladies were out in the yard when the coyote passed by...this was a tough lesson to learn in the importance of vigilance.